Page 1 of 46
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Megathread] Battlefield 4

Battlefield 4 Discussion!

17 Minutes of Gameplay

New Commander Mode (Can be played on both PC/Console/Tablet)

"Siege of Shanghai" Multiplayer Trailer

Official Levolution Features Video

Minimum System Requirements
    Processor (AMD): Athlon X2 2.8 GHz
    Processor (Intel): Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
    Memory: 4 GB
    Hard Drive: 30 GB
    Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon HD 3870
    Graphics card (NVIDIA): Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT
    Graphics memory: 512 MB

Recommended System Requirements
    Processor (AMD): Six-core CPU
    Processor (Intel): Quad-core CPU
    Memory: 8 GB
    Hard Drive: 30 GB
    Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon HD 7870
    Graphics card (Nvidia): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    Graphics memory: 3 GB

Taken from BF4 Forums
    Last edited by mmoc384eb41764; 2013-11-04 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the hit reg is fixed i'll be happy, there's a lot of other problems too but that's my main problem with the previous game.

Im sorry but from all the videos infantry combat still looks just as horrible as it has since bf2. It doesnt flow right, looks forced and way to scripted, there doesnt seem to be much fluid movement when shooting or interacting in infantry mode, the recoil is one of the worst parts about its, looks way to scripted. Ill still be buying it for the vehicle combat but just wish they would fix infantry.

10+ Year Old Account
    "looks way too scripted" on an online fps scripted fps? gee that's interesting.

I will try the beta and see from there. I liked BF3 so if its decent I will buy

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Im sorry but from all the videos infantry combat still looks just as horrible as it has since bf2. It doesnt flow right, looks forced and way to scripted, there doesnt seem to be much fluid movement when shooting or interacting in infantry mode, the recoil is one of the worst parts about its, looks way to scripted. Ill still be buying it for the vehicle combat but just wish they would fix infantry.
    What is this I don't even

Post constructively. "What is this I don't even" adds nothing to the topic at all. When posting please contribute to the post.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-09-26 at 05:40 PM.

That release date is actually very soon. I was expecting something a little later like early 2014.

What are the major differences between 3 and 4?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    That release date is actually very soon. I was expecting something a little later like early 2014.

What are the major differences between 3 and 4?
    Im no BF expert but it seems to me that there will be more interaction with terrain during the battles (only saying what i saw from the trailers), some tablet interaction apparently and better graphics

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually pissed off that windows vista is even mentioned..
    Im sure some of you will give me a hard time.
    But anyone having that OS, shouldnt have a PC able to run BF4; and if they do, they are idiots.
    Sorry.

No need for insults, please post respectfully. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-09-27 at 07:31 PM.
    I like juice

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Way to scripted????? How is it scripted unless you are talking about the single player mode.

I am really interested on how its going to run on current gen systems even more so with recent problems GTA V has had due to old hardware. I plan to play both the PC beta and Ps3 Beta. Good chance ill own it on the ps3 before pc since I mite be able to run it better on the ps3 ill know for sure what platform I run it better on after the beta.

I do hope they add a close quaters Maps/DLC like what BF3 had I personally loved it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post
    I'm actually pissed off that windows vista is even mentioned..
    Im sure some of you will give me a hard time.
    But anyone having that OS, shouldnt have a PC able to run BF4; and if they do, they are idiots.
    Sorry.
    Its because XP isn't supported by Microsoft anymore and the most old OS they got that is is Vista so that's why its there. I think vista only has a couple years before its no longer supported as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    BF4 is just a huge Mappack for BF3 and no new Game. It has 1:1 the exact same graphics and no new features.

Quote Originally Posted by nuveem View Post
    BF4 is just a huge Mappack for BF3 and no new Game. It has 1:1 the exact same graphics and no new features.
    ...BF3 ran on the frost bite 2 game engin and BF4 is running on FB3.

Also the graphic's are way better on BF4 then BF3 just from the gameplay that has been shown. Last checked in BF3 you could not drop a HUGE building in the middle of a multiplayer match.

Will BF4 look different then BF3 on current consoles that is a big maybe. But comparing BF4 Max settings to BF3 at Max settings and I bet you notice a hell of a difference.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    You just can't argue with BF fanboys... /facepalm. That buidling falling argument is the most stupid thing I ever heared. You kids will see that its Battlefield 3 with a new Number and new Maps at October 1.
    Then you will just ignore the facts, because you probably were that stupid to "preorder" it blindly.

Please post respectfully and refrain from insults. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-09-27 at 07:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Last checked in BF3 you could not drop a HUGE building in the middle of a multiplayer match.
    scripted event... and they did something similar on caspian border in BF3 with that tower.
    i will buy it when it's reward team-/squadplay better (and VOIP ingame), at least the return of the commander is a good start.

You just can't argue with BF fanboys... /facepalm. That buidling falling argument is the most stupid thing I ever heared. You kids will see that its Battlefield 3 with a new Number and new Maps at October 1.
    Then you will just ignore the facts, because you probably were that stupid to "preorder" it blindly.
    I am fair from a Fanboy and if you don't notice a graphic difference you are blind.

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-09-26 at 02:22 AM.

O, you mean the same thing cod has been doing since cod 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Minax View Post
    scripted event...
    If you mean the demo showed then ya it was scripted like all the demo's that was showed at E3 was. Thats how they show off the graphic's/gameplay of a game with scripted events.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-09-26 at 02:24 AM.

CoD 37 is just a huge Mappack for CoD 36 and no new Game. It has 1:1 the exact same graphics and no new features.
    You're right, but we're talking about BF4 here.

I'm looking forward to it, for sure. The graphics really do look quite a bit better than BF3 and FB3 looks really amazing, the game just looks beautiful. I must admit the leveolution thing feels like a bit of a gimmick on some of the maps I've seen but I like the concept, and the return of the commander position will hopefully be as awesome as I think. There definitely needs to be some improvements made from BF3 but I guess I'll have to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't care if the graphics are just a small improvement. I want them to end the Pay to Win and MMO style bullshit of BF3. You shouldnt have to fucking level up a plane to get a missile, or level up a gun to get a scope, and even if you should you SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO BUY IT!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Way to scripted????? How is it scripted unless you are talking about the single player mode.
    The way the weapons act when getting used, it has no flow to it and most definatly looks fake. And yes iv used guns like those in the games before. Now mind you im buying it for the vehicle combat but the problems iv had with the series havnt been changed at all since bf2. Lets just hope tanks dont wig out when they encounter the dread oil drum on terrain.