10+ Year Old Account

Im almost to the point where I'm going to take a SS

Literally all I wanna know is during that fight does Kan put a debuff on you that makes you unable to gateway, I swear I don't have that stupid as shit eternity long debuff when I try, i literally will stand there after the first try to use it and give up because I'm staring at my debuffs and its not there yet I cannot gateway, wat ze f'n hell iz going on.

Sincerely,
    a noob.

ps
    no one in all the other threads had a question like this.
    Total Honorable Kills - 46,552
    Total Killing blows - 43,116
    Total deaths - 3,164

his rain of fire is probably killing 1 of the gateways

Quote Originally Posted by Fuqup View Post
    his rain of fire is probably killing 1 of the gateways
    gateways are not killable again.

you know that it's on a 60 sec cd now right?
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob7
    your macro.....***ness

your inability to just shut up and drink instead of telling us you're gonna drink then 5 seconds later drinking, is also ***ness"....."
    it's as annoying as the tank who asks READY? after every trash pull.

Just as annoying as these threads? AmIright?
    ~Bahumut5

Deleted
    Maybe the gateway no longer works during the fight?
    I wouldn't put it past the developers to randomly fuck things up without telling anybody.

I had the same issue a couple times back in 5.2.

The gateway can LoS if you're not in direct LoS with the destination gateway and it won't do anything when you click it as a result. Make sure you're in direct line of sight of the destination gateway.

Quote Originally Posted by dot exe View Post
    I had the same issue a couple times back in 5.2.

The gateway can LoS if you're not in direct LoS with the destination gateway and it won't do anything when you click it as a result. Make sure you're in direct line of sight of the destination gateway.
    That shouldn't happen. Any LoS issues would happen when placing the gateway, as it checks for pathing then (if unable, that's when you get that "Path not available" message). Once the gateway is established, it should have already implicitly had LoS.

Then again, I've seen weirder bugs in WoW before.

Just set up a circle and use the pillars to LoS the Chaos Bolt.

I don't see why people think it's such an otherworldly concept. :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Just set up a circle and use the pillars to LoS the Chaos Bolt.

I don't see why people think it's such an otherworldly concept. :\
    Or use your shield to absorb or stun to interrupt it, as intended by design. Why is that such an otherworldly concept? Was I really the only one who did it without LOSing?

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Or use your shield to absorb or stun to interrupt it, as intended by design. Why is that such an otherworldly concept? Was I really the only one who did it without LOSing?
    Well, in my defense I did it on first week of 5.2, when I didn't have 850k hp with Sacrifice. Chaos Bolts were 1-shotting me without CDs (then again I sacrificed my imp for extra dispells because the Pit Lord was acting really clunky and it was the only way to reliable get SoC off me)

I guess with gear it's possible to do it reliably without LoSing now.
    Last edited by Gihelle; 2013-09-26 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindican View Post
    That shouldn't happen. Any LoS issues would happen when placing the gateway, as it checks for pathing then (if unable, that's when you get that "Path not available" message). Once the gateway is established, it should have already implicitly had LoS.

Then again, I've seen weirder bugs in WoW before.
    It did, unfortunately. That was the only situation I could find that I wasn't able to use the gateway there. It's possible for the gateways to be in LoS with each other but you not be in LoS with the destination gateway if you're off to the side a bit and it's behind the pillar. Just gotta make sure you're actually in LoS of it for it to work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Well, in my defense I did it on first week of 5.3, when I didn't have 850k hp with Sacrifice. Chaos Bolts were 1-shotting me without CDs (then again I sacrificed my imp for extra dispells because the Pit Lord was acting really clunky and it was the only way to reliable get SoC off me)

I guess with gear it's possible to do it reliably without LoSing now.

Was reliable when I did it the first week. I had great gear though, almost BIS from 5.0 content.. so yeah... But just interrupting with stuns and/or shielding was sufficient for me.