Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Why kill adds when there is a boss around?

last night when i was doing this boss on LFR, it was all going well until 30%, then we popped bloodlust and from then on all the dps tunnel visioned boss, adds stacked up, he had about 12 adds up in the end, we got nazgrim to 5% then he got healed to about 30% and we wiped. this happened 4 times, and then in the end we just didn't pop bloodlust and people actually killed the adds. its like people in LFR have no concentration span, as soon as bloodlust is up they just tunnel vision to get their high dps! i even started whispering people who weren't attacking adds :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lbgr View Post
    After 9 wipes (and now 45% bonus) the group finally listened to me when i said not to attack on defensive stance... but at least that fight went better than dark shamans...
    oh my group did dark shamans second try, we failed first because some rogue ninja pulled

Quote Originally Posted by Lbgr View Post
    After 9 wipes (and now 45% bonus) the group finally listened to me when i said not to attack on defensive stance... but at least that fight went better than dark shamans...
    my dark shamans encounter consisted of a co tank wearing timeless isls welfare items that refused to taunt Harom. on the sixth pull he ninja quit after the pull saying fine if you don't like it tank it yourself.

I did. Solo tanked the dark shamans encounter with the help of six stacks of determination................
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    My group did it with 3 stacks of determination. The problem was 4 dps who never got off the boss. The overall dps of the group was a bit low as well.

Thank GOD I don't need to do LFR, maybe without all the raider they'll re-think the system... Give people more to do outside of raiding and flex-normal-hc is more than enough for actual raiding, you don't 'need' to see every bit of content. Like, why do you even want to see it in that state? It's just ruining it for you for when you do it normally (if ever) and it removes any incentive for players to raid normally if they only want to see it lol. It's nice that you can hop on and do a quick run in-between lunch breaks and stuff, but blegh, flexi doesn't really require much of your time to do 1 wing...

I tried him 5 tries when there was already 4 determination buffs when i joined. I decided to quit and go back to gta 5 :P
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Someone had Ensidia Fails activated on Nazgrim (flex) last week, and the group liked it for the Def stance phase.
    So I thought I'd try EF in our Nazgrim LFR group. Oh boy, the chat exploded. Had to turn it off immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    Someone had Ensidia Fails activated on Nazgrim (flex) last week, and the group liked it for the Def stance phase.
    So I thought I'd try EF in our Nazgrim LFR group. Oh boy, the chat exploded. Had to turn it off immediately.
    yeah. baddies hate to see it in plain text that they are bad even more than being told by a player.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Thanks for the info.

Had a 2 hour fight on Nazgrim. I joined LFR with only him left ... buff got to 7 stacks (that's right, 7), when we finally got him. Tries just got worse for some reason, even with the buff. It wasn't till about 1/4 of the original raid was left we got 3/4 new group after they bailed on 6th wipe. This group got it really well and we could've done it with one, maybe two wipes if we originally had the group.
    Did get the 2H axe and bonus roll on T16 so that was all worth it lol

Ye, yesterday I joined in a special group =P
    Actually we have wiped 3 times on the bank guy, after that I see one guy saying this boss was not so difficult ^^, only 3 wipes.

The time spent farming 10-20k coins for a 476 weapon is equal to the time that can be spent farming Honor and Krasarang rares for a 498.

Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Whats even cooler is how half the raid couldn't break 75k.

Yay for the timeless isle allowing people to fly through content and then have ilevel 450 weapons so they do no damage :P
    Nah, that's just called people sucking dick. I had a 414 green gun on my hunter and with my shitty timeless isle gear I still managed to break 100k on most fights.

One shotted this week on LFR mode, the group members weren't anything special tbh. Guess they understood not to stand in bad thingys.

Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    The time spent farming 10-20k coins for a 476 weapon is equal to the time that can be spent farming Honor and Krasarang rares for a 498.

Food for thought.
    You could just dump your coins on mogu runes and get a 502, and then upgrade it to 510. This is how my hunter finally got her crossbow, just spamming ToT3 until Durumu coughed it up. This is admittedly less viable for some specs that require e.g. 2H strength or slow agi weps because they drop from the third boss of their respective wing... but that's what Blacksmithing is for.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Good thing about Flex is that you choose who joins and who don't. In LFR you're stuck with what you're given.
    Not if you are in a pug. Oh, you can check them before but you'll never know if a 520 rogue well continue to dps the boss even in defense stance while a 500ilvl shammy is focusing the right add at the right time. After all you still have the kick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with 5 stacks of Determination yesterday, the group i was in was 20sec off him hitting berserk. I really wish they had made the ilvl for SoO 502 or something, peoples dps is way too low for some fights atm :/

Deleted
    just 5 ravagers going on?

pff seen worse on our first try on normal, stupid 2nd tank dc'ed at the start of the encounter and he didnt get kicked off for a long time eating every dam ability there was causing tons of rage.
    and by the time we decided he wasnt coming on agian, the damage was already done.

on the plus side our main tank and healers showed some amazing control and survivabilty before we ended up wiping and us dps in dodging.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    On the one hand I understand the weapon stinginess in Blizzard's game design, but on the other hand, if it's trivial to pick up a half dozen pieces of 496 armor, it should be equally trivial to pick up, at least, a 476 weapon.

It *IS* trivial to pick up a 476 weapon. 10k timeless coins for a one hander 20k for a two hander/bow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post

Food for thought.
    20k coins is about an hour looting the one time chests hitting some of the bigger rares (houlon, ship, evermaw) rares and doing the intro quests.

You don't do LFR on release week. Never ever ever. People don't read strategies and it is a wipefest.
    I don't have an organised raid group anymore, so I just take my main on release week and thats it, not my 6 alts. It isn't worth the gold repair bill. Give it a few weeks and it will organise like Lei Shin LFR, where organisation is done beforehand.

Deleted
    Longtime Solution would be to have a really simple Boss Mods integrated in LFR only, clear and visible. A la "Kill the adds. Do Not atttack Boss while in Def stance".

A) Many people in LFR obviously do not have an DBM/BigWigs Addon

B) People may believe an 'official' Blizzard warning, hopefully a least a little bit more than other player's warnings, often only visible in Chat (unless raid lead's [rw]s)

C) Certainly, people learn the encounters over a few weeks, but even after months, you can end up in groups where nobody has a clue
    Last edited by mmocc7dbefe156; 2013-09-26 at 02:14 PM.