Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragonsworn - Class Concept

Lore: With the Aspects removal of their immortality they seem to feel as if they have little or no purpose in the world. When a new threat emerges the Aspects still believe it is the mortals duties to protect the world. However they now bestow powers among those chosen of the mortal races. These chosen are known as the Dragonsworn. Even though each Dragonsworn may represent the interest of the Horde or Alliance as individuals prior to becoming Dragonsworn, they share a common goal and unite against the new threat to defeat it. Much like Deathwing and the Lich King. Both Horde and Alliance have common enemies, and that’s why the Dragonsworn exist. To help the mortal races defeat common enemies, which may threaten them or the world.

Dragonsworn Class Concept

First Spec - Timeless

Role: Tank
    Weapons: Polearm
    Armor: Mail
    Resource: Mana
    Secondary Resource: Essence

Memo: Wielding it's Polearm the Timeless Dragonsworn avoids damage by negating it into temporal voids, along with other time distortion abilities. Which can include undoing damage by reversing time from when the damage occurred.

Second Spec - Dreamer

Role: Physical Ranged DPS
    Weapons: Bow, Crossbow

Memo: Using Draconic poisons which induce paralysis along wtih slumber & acidic spells, the Dreamer Dragonsworn avoids enemies using these spells, while using it's weapon to unleash powerful shots and attacks. Perhaps they could even have the ability to tame or summon a Whelp as a combat pet, as hunters lack that capability.

Third Spec - Life Binder

Role: Healing
    Weapons: Polearm

Memo: Using the flames of life, the Life Binder Dragonsworn uses it's flames to heal their allies.

Sample Class Abilities

Empowerments
    Description: Behave similarly to Stances, Presence, and Aspects.
    Examples: Ruby Empowerment benefits healing, Amber Empowerment benefits tanking, Emerald Empowerment benefits dps.

Essence
    Description: Essence is a secondary resource, it behaves similarly to Runic Power or an Arcane Mage's mastery, although different.

Class Exclusive Mount
    Summon Armored Drake: Summons an armored drake mount it's color is dependent on what spec the user has active.

Spells & Abilities
    Dream Funnel: Project a cone of healing.
    Searing Arrow: A shot that deals damage.
    Temporal Rift: Damage received is redirected to the temporal rift.
    Healing Flame: A quick inexpensive heal.
    Draconic Poison (Passive): Slows enemy targets.
    Draconic Acid: Does damage over time and applies weakend armor debuff.
    Deep Slumber: Put's an enemy to sleep.
    Touch of Nightmare: Causes fear on an enemy.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2015-01-13 at 08:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Class mount should let you turn into a drake instead of calling one to ride on.

Edit; Didn't read your lore prospective, they lost their powers so they cant turn into dragons anymore I guess? or did they only lose immortality? if so they can turn into dragons still. If they lost their powers, then how would they be able to heal, or tank or do anything for that matter.
    Last edited by xDarkaix; 2013-09-26 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xDarkaix View Post

Edit; Didn't read your lore prospective, they lost their powers so they cant turn into dragons anymore I guess? or did they only lose immortality? if so they can turn into dragons still. If they lost their powers, then how would they be able to heal, or tank or do anything for that matter.
    I believe they only lost their immortality and had their power declined, but didn't have their powers taken away completely. So for this fan made concept, the Aspects bestow mortals with powers. According to lore any and all dragons can create Dragonsworn.

I think they only lost their immortality, which they still got their powers

I absolutely love it.
    How fresh compared to getting the Tinker stuffed down my throat!

The only thing I dislike is the intro about how the aspects themselves feel purposeless. I doubt that one!
    And maybe an update on weapons. Seems a little too little some places, especially with polearms (str or agi) and just 3 healer weapon choices. Otherwise, brilliant!
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

I actually really like this class concept. Lots of interesting ideas to play with.

I'd like to see dragonform make an appearance as a class CD though. Depending on your spec after you can turn into a drake for a small period of time. You can still be able to use all your abilities which receive bonuses as well as an additional class specific drake ability. You can also fly during this time, probably like 8-10 seconds or so to add something actually totally new to a raid/pvp dynamic. CC causes you to drop to the ground though.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    interesting concept,
    Shame it was pulled from http://www.wowwiki.com/Dragonsworn

As for the roles.
    The Tank sounds like a Mail wearing DK.
    Dreamer Spec sounds like a pet less hunter.
    Third Spec - Life Binder - sounds like a shaman.

Whilst annoying common, the tinkerer class and roles are at least more original, also it is time for a new Pure DPS class in all honesty

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but doesnt this same post come back every other week? I'm having a terrible sense of deja vu here.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorias View Post
    I absolutely love it.

The only thing I dislike is the intro about how the aspects themselves feel purposeless. I doubt that one!
    And maybe an update on weapons. Seems a little too little some places, especially with polearms (str or agi) and just 3 healer weapon choices. Otherwise, brilliant!
    Thank you for the compliments are you're completely right about the weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I actually really like this class concept. Lots of interesting ideas to play with.

I'd like to see dragonform make an appearance as a class CD though. Depending on your spec after you can turn into a drake for a small period of time. You can still be able to use all your abilities which receive bonuses as well as an additional class specific drake ability. You can also fly during this time, probably like 8-10 seconds or so to add something actually totally new to a raid/pvp dynamic. CC causes you to drop to the ground though.
    Drakonid form would be an awesome cooldown, and would love to see it as spell, ability or talent.

Deleted
    I would laugh my ass of seeing a Two-Hand Axe on that badboy!
    Nice text but it should Never be inplanted in wow.

Love the idea! I think it has a lot of potential, although I would prefer the dreamer spec to be spell dps (probably a bit biased since its what I prefer) and also the cooldown to change form would be really neat

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely love it.

I agree, this is a refreshing class concept. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    interesting concept,
    Shame it was pulled from http://www.wowwiki.com/Dragonsworn

As for the roles.
    The Tank sounds like a Mail wearing DK.
    Dreamer Spec sounds like a pet less hunter.
    Third Spec - Life Binder - sounds like a shaman.

Whilst annoying common, the tinkerer class and roles are at least more original, also it is time for a new Pure DPS class in all honesty
    Pulled from wowwiki? They share a picture and a tiny bit of lore, but the lore didn't originate on wowwiki, the only lore taken from there is dragons bestow powers upon mortals. The picture is also in common, but that picture also didn't originate there.

A mail wearing death knight that uses a two handed weapon with a shield, and uses time instead of undeath, okay.

Any other physical ranged class will be like a hunter, but thats like saying a mage, warlock, priest, boomkin, ele shaman are all the same. It's about the flavour and the manner its delivered in. I know there's a demand for another ranged physical class for competition on ranged weapons etc.

Life binder is actually a paladin. lol. But seriously tho, there isn't enough information given about the life binder to assume how it heals, beyond seeing two healing spells and it's spell school is fire.

15+ Year Old Account
    this is actually one of the better concepts I'e seen ^__^

Quote Originally Posted by zipzy View Post
    Love the idea! I think it has a lot of potential, although I would prefer the dreamer spec to be spell dps (probably a bit biased since its what I prefer) and also the cooldown to change form would be really neat
    I agree dreamer seems more magic-using, but then again it would be interesting to give hunters a run for their ranged weapons!
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    *shrugs* Eh, better than most class suggestions I've seen on here. I'd actually consider playing one of these if it were real. I can *not* same the same for the Tinkerer in any of its myriad forms.

Quote Originally Posted by zipzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I agree, this is a refreshing class concept. I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    this is actually one of the better concepts I'e seen ^__^
    Thank you everyone, I wasn't expecting such a positive reaction, I actually pressed post thread by accident when I was previewing, and unsure if it was the right time or if I should post it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree dreamer seems more magic-using, but then again it would be interesting to give hunters a run for their ranged weapons!
    Yeah it was difficult to come up with how that spec should function.

Going into it I knew I wanted Fire, Time, & Dreams to be the themes as those are the friendlier of the aspects plus cool flavor for a class/ spec to have. Plus these are the flights we get to ride in the wrath instance Occulus. I based some of the attacks off of those Drake you ride abilities.

When it came to dps Dreamer seemed the most fitting as green dragons usually have poisons, acids, sleeping, and dreams.

I originally wanted it to be more melee, but spell seemed more fitting, I couldn't ignore the niche of another physical ranged class though.

So my vision for Dreamer was a spell casting ranger. Something similar to a dark ranger I suppose. This would help keep the arrow attacks physical and keeping spell damage minimal, and allow for kiting opportunities via spells from nature schools.

Just theory crafting, where'd you see Wrathion in this? Faction leader, physical representive or is one of the new flights in reality the black flight? Will he fight against us?
    Oh lawd

Just theory crafting, where'd you see Wrathion in this? Faction leader, physical representive or is one of the new flights in reality the black flight? Will he fight against us?
    I have a feeling Wrathion would be up to no good, but something very unique at the same. He's only a whelp so i dont think he could have dragonsworn or a large army. Maybe he'll be tormented by N'Zoth.

What do you think?

Edit; you barely read anything xD, They are dragons they don't suddenly lose what they are. Dragons are immortal, so they didn't lose immortality either. They only lost the power granted to them by the titans. Which also means that they still have power, their own powers which means they are still as strong as leaders of a normal non-titan powered dragon-flight, which is still quite strong I assure you.