Thread: Is it me or...

Is it me or...

---------------
    Last edited by Taninsam; 2015-07-22 at 07:53 PM.

Deleted
    Unless you're in one of those guilds, what those top 3 players do doesn't affect you. Pick the play style you enjoy the most and that you have the best gear for. The 3 speccs are extremely close right now, proven by the fact that even though sims dictate DW should win, top parses are from UH DW and 2H all together.
    If they're playing whatever they feel like playing, surely the rest of us should?
    Last edited by mmoc8ba2f27852; 2013-09-26 at 10:20 AM.

Deleted
    They most probably choose depending on the weapons they get. All 3 specs are very well balanced atm.

Deleted
    Because 2H frost + UH share same gemming, saves time/reforges/money.
    Also like said above depends on weapon drops and who gets what. I know from personal experience (being in a 11/14 hc guild) that not everyone gets what he wants especially when u have 2 warriors, one ret and 2.5 dks .

Btw, keep in mind current setup for progress could be totally different for when it's over, remember last tier dks were progressing with DW and then switched over to UH festerblight with everyone and their mum switching.

Deleted
    Raziee has played UH all tiers this expansion? think he prefers it DK specs are all kinda close, but imo DW will be far superior on garrosh already on normalmode DW rapes the other DK specs on that boss

Deleted
    Not really, he plays the best who is best suited for the fight.
    Have fun with UH on siege hc where pet and garry despawns as soon as u go on the treadmill or on thok where it gets eaten by the boss and can't even melee it during kiting phase. That's just two example i've experienced but am sure we can find more.
    As far as garrosh goes all specs do well during the fight (normal, no clue about hc yet it's still a secret).

Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    Btw, keep in mind current setup for progress could be totally different for when it's over, remember last tier dks were progressing with DW and then switched over to UH festerblight with everyone and their mum switching.
    That's exactly why I asked - thinking that heroic players may have found something -whatever may that be- that made them switch to 2H, same as when everybody went UH in t15.

I know all specs are competitive and I'm really happy about that, but I'm aiming to the best possible spec/build/etc and right now it's not so clear as it was with T15.

Have fun with UH on siege hc where pet and garry despawns as soon as u go on the treadmill or on thok where it gets eaten by the boss and can't even melee it during kiting phase. That's just two example i've experienced but am sure we can find more.
    As far as garrosh goes all specs do well during the fight (normal, no clue about hc yet it's still a secret).
    Well, you can leave strong dots on both Siege and Thok as UH. I.e. as frost, I've found out that staying within the 30yd range to keep Howling Blasting Thok is basically a Russian roulette.
    Last edited by Taninsam; 2013-09-26 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taninsam View Post
    I know all specs are competitive and I'm really happy about that, but I'm aiming to the best possible spec/build/etc and right now it's not so clear as it was with T15.
    I think your missing the point, everything is up in the air atm or god forbid actually balanced. The "best" spec at this point in time is the spec you play the most, it could be any of the 3 options we have at our disposal. Yes freedom of choice can be scary but you know in your heart (how hippie is that lol!) which spec you feel the most comfortable on/get the bigger numbers with.

Deleted
    What made people switch to UH is the god send feather, with theorycrafters slowly releasing their finds about strong dots rolling for the whole fight.
    Now their is no such thing in SoO but what i implied is you could have an effect of a well known dk from well know guild changes spec and everyone follows like a sheep. Don't do that unless like said above you enjoy the spec more or know why he did it. Chances he did it for trolling/ranking/farming/testing are big.
    Here you are basically asking for the godmode spec that will make you insane in game, there's none atm !

You don't get the issues with UH on the both fights i quoted.
    On siege both "pets" despawns if you have to go to conveyor belt, no matter what the timer on goyle is. This is a lesser issue now that they reduced CD on pet summon but garry is still on a big CD. UH has a long ramp up time, it's not the best spec to destroy a weapon in no time while avoiding oneshot lazers.

On Thok you don't have enough time to try some sort of festerblight on the boss before the first kiting phase (also because you hero on pull and it's a huge dps loss to avoid SS spam at this point).
    HB is fine and makes applying your strongest dot as soon as someone get's fixated a walk in the park. You can even fully melee boss for first two fixates because he's very slow. All you have to do is be careful, get away to jailer than head back to boss if necessary.

Because 2H frost + UH share same gemming, saves time/reforges/money.
    Also like said above depends on weapon drops and who gets what. I know from personal experience (being in a 11/14 hc guild) that not everyone gets what he wants especially when u have 2 warriors, one ret and 2.5 dks .

Pretty much this. I usually pay attention to what top dk's are up to as well. I've seen those same dk's in unholy spec just a few days ago. I was commenting to my warrior buddy last night in raid how I remember why I need to keep my frost spec. As Ina noted, on thok my pet was dinosaur food and on Seigcrafter he was in and out the entire fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadoo View Post
    Raziee has played UH all tiers this expansion? think he prefers it DK specs are all kinda close, but imo DW will be far superior on garrosh already on normalmode DW rapes the other DK specs on that boss
    I don't think I EVER saw him play anything else than unholy and about unholy being as strong as frost currently, I don't agree on that, at all.

Thanks for all the responses, guys

But I think I may have been hugely misunderstood (language barrier?) - I do get the issues with UH, and I wasn't asking for a "godmode spec" or anything major like that. On the contrary, I'm just trying to find out what's the overall best spec to be in, even if the margin is small. I'm not even talking about sims and theoretical output - It's clear that our dps depends on the encounter type/style, so I'm still figuring which spec has the most tools to improve over time in this particular patch. I feel comfortable in all three subspecs, so it's always good to investigate what other players are doing and switch to try new things. That's how I found about festerblight, the RC Bug, etc.

Anyway, I think I'll stay DW for now.
    Last edited by Taninsam; 2013-09-26 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    I don't think I EVER saw him play anything else than unholy and about unholy being as strong as frost currently, I don't agree on that, at all.
    I think what you are missing and what most people miss is that for MOST people the difference between the specs, that makes them slightly or even fotm better, will not be able to be utilized. They are just not good enough. So you have average joe DK in his 496 island purples walking in here wanting to know what the top spec is because some guide told him this and he looked up these said "good" dks and they are doing something different. The truth of the matter is that right now the specs are close enough to the middle of the pack player that unless you are trying to get world firsts play what you enjoy.
    Always' Weak Auras - My Pastebin

Is the absence of personal choice truly that terrifying?

As it stands, for progression, the spec people play is determined by the RNG of the loot - hence you are seeing both Frost / Unholy putting up impressive AND similar performance numbers.

The scale skews in favor for DW Frost as you approach Best In Slot gear, but until then - play what you like. If you're a competent player, you won't be a hindrance.

Again - it's not that I'm underperforming, or feeling that I'm choosing the wrong spec for me. In fact, I'm happy with my speedy adaptation to a spec I barely played in the past (DW). It's just that I want to get the best results, period. We are not pushing for world firsts, but that doesn't stop me from aiming for the best possible results. The question was simply whether there was something special about 2H that made a couple of top DKs switch, or not.

Anyway, now that the question has been sort-of answered, It's really cool that some of those people I looked up chimed in
    Last edited by Taninsam; 2013-09-26 at 11:42 PM.

i have no idea which DKs you are talking about but its mainly a matter of gear.
    As soon as you have Thoks trinket you will obviously go DW frost since i can amplify your mastery but not crit what makes it much much better for DW than for anything else
    i bet no one with that trinket would ever prefer 2h frost over DW except they have a very strong 2h and shitty 1handers
    Last edited by Raegwyn; 2013-09-27 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raegwyn View Post
    i have no idea which DKs you are talking about but its mainly a matter of gear.
    As soon as you have Thoks trinket you will obviously go DW frost since i can amplify your mastery but not crit what makes it much much better for DW than for anything else
    i bet no one with that trinket would ever prefer 2h frost over DW except they have a very strong 2h and shitty 1handers
    He has spoken,close the thread.
    Here come the Irish.