Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Moonkin - What talents are you using per fight (SoO)?

I've found DoC underwhelming compared to HotW on multi dot fights (where it's been said to be better) due to loss of natures grace uptime and I've been using FoN + HotW on single target fights like Iron Juggernaut, Malkorok and even Norushen and some others because I don't feel there are enough adds to warrant the other talents(dark shaman I also used FoN + HotW as multi dotting the other and dpsing one won't affect what the treants target). On Garrosh I was using Incarnation + HotW but I wonder if Incarnation + DoC would be better there? What are you guys using(I'm especially interested in Garrosh as I felt my dps was lacking on that fight)?
    For garrosh I started in lunar and popped incarnation right away to dps garrosh until adds were gathered then I hit CA with 15 seconds left multi dotted a few and the desecration and then used hurricane. I switched between hurricane and double dotting garrosh/desecreation until adds were low enough to knock into the flame. Phase 2 I used incarnation/ca one more time and then saved it for the last push into phase 3 (we didn't end up killing it as we had trouble with empowered minions) but overall my dps was lacking compared to others in the raid. Any tips for dealing with minions would be appreciated as well.
    Last edited by halfawake; 2013-09-17 at 07:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used Inc/DoC on every fight except Thok -- I'm planning to change that and go Inc/DoC for every fight except Iron Juggernaut, Malkorok and Thok (where I'd use FoN/HotW).

For Garrosh Inc/DoC seemed to do pretty well, but because my raid comp has huge AoE burst (ele sham + lock), the adds seem to die almost instantly so Hurricane is pretty lackluster. There's a good deal of movement during the normal phase after your first Y'Shaarj and thereafter, so maybe FoN would be a viable choice. There's a few targets to DoT though, like the weapon and shamans.

We had trouble with adds until we changed our strat. The easiest way for your group to deal with them is completely destroying them as they spawn. As long as there aren't any adds near ones dying, none of them get empowered and thus they don't get more health or damage. We had our DPS getting aggro and kiting the adds so they were all alone, then killing them quickly. I think on our Garrosh kill we only had one add get empowered once.

Deleted
    I've also been using Inc/DoC for pretty much every fight so far - but with A LOT of Mastery instead of crit.
    Currently I'm able to keep up with pretty much everyone in DPS, be it raw single target or heavy multi-dot.

I'm trying to find a non-theoretical "equilibrium" for Mastery and Crit, where I'll have a reliable or rather reasonable amount of SS Procs as well as a high percentage of Mastery bonus.
    This build has proven to be really good in my opinion, but I haven't seen a lot of Druids rolling with it yet.

Here's a few numbers from our SoO clear this week:
    The Falling Protectors: 280k (A lot of room for improvement here)
    Galakras: 262k
    Iron Juggernaut: 252k
    Paragons of the Klaxxi: 275k
    Garrosh Hellscream: 244k

This was done in 550 Item Level.

//Akeenu - Frostmane-EU

Deleted
    I've been using FoN + HoTW for almost all the fights i just feel bad when i spend time casting Healing Touch :S
    We are working on garrosh tonight to get a kill before the raid reset...we have problems with the adds too, but we typhoon them in the ironstar path.

The other thing i find underwhelming is the 2p t16, i would have expected more dmg from the bonus :C

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used INC/DOC on every fight, but as others have said, for juggy and thok atleast I'll use fon/hotw next reset.

@Fluffers I hit 319k on Protectors, with the usual crit > mastery build, Could probably improve myself, but we one shotted it, so didn't get all that much to grasp the mechanics, lolfightislol.

@Nephyron I guess the 2p would scale slightly better with FON/HOTW due to more damaging spells being cast (over healing touch). But then I don't know if 2p scales with DOC? Either way, looking forward to getting me as I ended this clear with 0 tier
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    wanted to go full AoE with DoC in our Garrosh tries as well, but as we have an arms warri at hand who melts the first group anyway, i switched to HotW+FoN for 2nd and 3rd phase, which is mostly single target or two targets.

Also using CA on second add wave so we get that down faster, so no dps for me on garrosh t.t

Inc hotw mostly. We lack hybrid raid healing CDs in our comp so I pretty much am tasked to bring it with a boosted tranq or activate hotw separately to help healing as enrages aren't our biggest problem (yet). Got up to black fuse and ran out of raid time last week - oh well haha. Tried out the other combinations - but I just wasn't used to their play style yet. Will probably swap as I get more comfortable with doc style I guess.
    Mew!

Deleted
    Won't be doc on any fight where progress is concerned, hotw tranq is far to good to drop on progress vs the small gain of doc

Deleted
    10 man PoV:
    I've been using INC/DoC for everything except Thok and Klaxxi (HotW/FoN for both), but I will use HotW/FoN for Malkorok and IJ next time. I'm not sure about Garrosh, I used DoC/INC because I felt the healing would be more useful than NV or Tranq. Basically the only point where healing was needed was during Empowered Whirling Corruption where you can't really utilize NV or Tranq properly due to movement, boss range problems and the fact that you will be dpsing adds and do less dps than your average single target dps. You can however cast HT when you are out of dps range anyway. Also Inc was superior for phase 3 since stacking cds allowed us to push before second MC.

Going into HCs I'll be using NV for most fights since it does quite significant healing in 10 man (and we'll be 2 healing most of SoO). Only exception I can think of atm is Garrosh (for the above reasons).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I Raid 25 Man if that makes a slight difference to Talent choices and my Raid frequently uses my HOTW Tranq as a Raid CD. I used Incarnation and Heart of the Wild for most fights. When I knew Thok was just going to chain interrupt I went FON+HOTW. I also used FON+HOTW for Paragons of the Klaxxi because despite having multiple targets it's a single target fight as they heal. Looking back on it I do want to use FON+HOTW for Iron Jaggernaut and Malkorok as they're just tank and spank fights. I do want to practice Inc+DOC but I think I'll try running it in some LFRs or something to get practice.

I used FoN + HoTW for every fight except Galakras I used Inc + HotW. I thought DoC was only better for fights which constantly have multiple targets to DoT so I didn't use it at all until I tried it on Garrosh and ended up forgetting about needing to cast a HT so I just went back to HotW. Anyone got any tips for "learning" to use DoC?

I used FoN/DoC for every fight. I just don't feel that Incarnation is enough of a CD, considering it only buffs Eclipses. FoN I have so much more control over and consistently pulls ahead in every real world situation I've encountered. The ability to pop it with Trinkets/Enchants/Meta/Legendary makes it feel much more substantial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I used FoN + HoTW for every fight except Galakras I used Inc + HotW. I thought DoC was only better for fights which constantly have multiple targets to DoT so I didn't use it at all until I tried it on Garrosh and ended up forgetting about needing to cast a HT so I just went back to HotW. Anyone got any tips for "learning" to use DoC?
    Go hit a target dummy for 2-3 hours. Your old rotation is currently cemented in your head (like mine was). It took about 4 hours to get 100% comfortable with using DoC. I also made a Weakaura to scream Healing Touch at me if I go past 60 lunar or solar energy without the DOC buff up. Once you learn it, it's a pain in the ass to switch back and forth, so I will probably use DoC for every encounter from this point on. The DPS loss from switching rotations so drastically based on a talent would be more detrimental than the .5% more that HoTW would give me in most cases.

Deleted
    Fon/Hotw for every fight except for Fallen Protectors and Klaxxi Paragons where I used Inc/Hotw.

Deleted
    Pretty much same with others, Treants/heart on single target and Inc/DoC on multi targets. One question though, if you use Inc/DoC alot (like for single target encounters as well as multi target) is it worth it to get some extra Mastery in place of all the way to Crit after the gcd cap?

does anyone have a DoC weak aura string with these parameters?

1. an Aura that reminds you to cast Healing Touch with an audio and/or visual queue when you reach Direction+Ecplise(-60|60)
    2. if the DoC buff is active play/show nothing
    3. play audio / show aura when meta + ng are active if the doc buff isnt active

Deleted
    I personally have been using FoN and HotW for every single fight despite liking the DoC playstyle. It's mostly due me being stuck on a shitty laptop where I'm stuck at fps during garrosh encounter. So I just went with the rotation I'm comfortable with.

I'd reckon that DoC/Inc would win out on all fights except Iron Juggernaut, Thok and Malkorok, Hell, I4d say perhaps go FoN + HotW for klaxxi since there is quite a bit of movement in that fight and dpsing other targets aside from the signed one is pretty much worthless (unless it is blood or amber, which can easily be nuked down without too much effort). It kind of depends on the order you go with tho. If you leave the amber guy up on heroic for quite a while, then I'd say inc + DoC is better, since you'd have to cleave 2 of the bosses.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2013-09-18 at 03:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliron View Post
    does anyone have a DoC weak aura string with these parameters?

1. an Aura that reminds you to cast Healing Touch with an audio and/or visual queue when you reach Direction+Ecplise(-60|60)
    2. if the DoC buff is active play/show nothing
    3. play audio / show aura when meta + ng are active if the doc buff isnt active
    My weak aura pretty much does all that, but I don't know how to bake in the eclipse direction, using weakauras I guess I'd need a seperate aura to track part eclipses, but I have no clue about that. Pipex over at Ascendance said he could code an addon that could do it, but he thinks that sort of micro management should be down to the player, not an addon which I have to agree with. Tracking if the buff is up(ornot), when you have meta + NH, and when NS is off cd should be more than enough work done for you to execute the rotation properly, as long as you track your eclipse yourself.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    I'm using 3 weakauras now for this:

Conditions:
    1st aura: meta + NG is up and no DoC buff - reminder to cast HT (sound + text)
    2nd aura: lunar power >= 60 and no DoC buff - reminder to cast NS + HT (sound + text)
    3rd aura: solar power >= 60 and no DoC buff - reminder to cast NS + HT (sound + text)

2nd and 3rd could be merged if it's possible to combine triggers with 'OR' and not 'AND' only but I don't know how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizley View Post

Conditions:
    2nd aura: lunar power >= 60 and no DoC buff - reminder to cast NS + HT (sound + text)
    3rd aura: solar power >= 60 and no DoC buff - reminder to cast NS + HT (sound + text)

2nd and 3rd could be merged if it's possible to combine triggers with 'OR' and not 'AND' only but I don't know how to do it.
    can you link the import string?

Quote Originally Posted by Bizley View Post

Conditions:

I tried the Eclipse power conditionals but I can't get them to work correctly. Once it activates/shows it just stays there.