Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Top 3 things I would like WoW 6.0 or 7.0 to have

1. DYNAMIC EVENTS

Solo driven quests are so boring. GW2 did it right with dynamic events and so did Rift, but they are not that warhammer lore we all like. Imagine having both solo quests and dynamic events in WoW, making the player choose to join a dynamic farm group or solo in the world by themselves. I bet ya that most players queue in dungeons anyway because they are sick and tired of questing.

2. GRAPHICAL UPDATE

WoW is old and have a good amount of fans under it's belt. They can not make a new WoW without killing their own customers that paid monthly to get a good character, only to see that they have to roll over again in a new game, that can't be made without erasing the big WoW titan history along with the players in the game that partook it and got several memories from it. Let there be an option to choose next-gen graphics or stay old school without deleting characters.

3. TRAITS AND SKILLS THAT CATER BOTH FOR RAID VS. AI AND PVP.

I think they can upgrade their engine to use weapon skills + traits instead of talents. This has been proven by GW2 to be efficient in PvP as they were looking to make it esportic from the start. Without interfering with PvE, I think this is a good option. Right now there are only cookie-cutter classes in WoW PvP, Blizzard should look into making WoW esports instead of making a Blizzard All-Stars game.

Now, I think GW2 is an okay game, but it is not for me. I like many of their stuff, but the world and lore, coupled with what I would call only transmog gear instead of beneficial upgrades, make it not a favourable game for me. But they got many things right, and EQNext knows this.

Also, Blizzard will never make a class change system like FFXIV has and EQNext will have, if we look at it from a business point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Meh, didn't like them in any other MMO. Since I prefer to play solo on a dead server, unless it was possible to solo Dynamic raid events.
    2. I don't see nothing wrong with WoW graphics. Saying 'old' is just wrong. Monalisa is old, do you want her to be repainted? Art doesn't get old and WOW do WoW artists do a great job
    3. I would rephrase your wish "Separate PvP and PvE skills so that there is no nerf for PvE when 'fixing' PvP".
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Might happen. I never liked the dynamic quests in GW2, though, so I wouldn't really care either way. I personally prefer solo.
    2. Not gonna happen. Stop hoping.
    3. Not gonna happen. Stop hoping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    2. I don't see nothing wrong with WoW graphics. Saying 'old' is just wrong. Monalisa is old, do you want her to be repainted? Art doesn't get old and WOW do WoW artists do a great job
    There's a difference between graphical fidelity and artstyle, Blizzard's artstyle is beautiful, but the graphics capabilities of their engine limit that style greatly now. It could use a small overhaul at the very least, or at best, a whole new engine; but that wont happen unless they release a WoW 2, which I kinda hope happens at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kloun View Post
    1. Might happen. I never liked the dynamic quests in GW2, though, so I wouldn't really care either way. I personally prefer solo.
    2. Not gonna happen. Stop hoping.
    3. Not gonna happen. Stop hoping.
    Many a time Blizzard has said "it will never happen". Many times they have broken their word...

As the adage goes, never say never.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Why would you want WoW to become less successful MMO-like?

Oh man, I got sooo many things! Let's see if I can list of most of them.

1. All healers can dps and put out heals like fistweaving or attonement style. So 3 out of the 6 healers can do this already, but I'd like to see all healers have this option. Gives healers something to do when no real healing is required, they can do a little damage roation and put out a small amount of heals, good times!

2. All rare elites can be shared amongst players! This exists now with recent content, but I want this to be with ALL rare elites through out the game, and in the future.

3. More account bound epics obtained through pve! I was awful when JP were so useless you converted them to honor just so you could buy some 476 pvp gear to help you get into LFR, with the Timeless isle it's a great catch up game for altaholics like myself, keep this going for end game!

4 & 5. Scenarios are for leveling experience, and dungeons for end game. I don't want my 5 mans to die, I want more of them, and them to be a bit more challenging, I can solo any heroic on my monk right now with my current gear (ilvl 552). Let's make them a bit more challenging again, but not as brutal as they were in Cata at first. A happy median, and release more 5 mans as the expansion grows to help characters get caught up! Make scenarios (which suck and are boring as hell at end game) something you unlock each level and you can complete for random blue items and plenty of experience rewards, this will keep everyone happy, and end game you have heroic scenarios which rewards TONS of valor and justice points, and 5 mans rewards a smaller amount but mostly gear.

6. MORE races! I want to see Ogres, Ethereals, Khajiit (cat people from Elder Scrolls), Naga, Murlocs, and many more races added to World of Warcraft! Why? It's fun that's why!

7. MORE classes! I want to see Dragonsworn, Bards, Sages, Tinkers, Summoners, and more! Different classes are so much fun to play and fight against in pvp, if their were only the original 9 classes it would be pretty dull and boring. I was one of the first Monks and Deathknights on my server around midnight to create my new class and level them up to level cap! Also, more hero classes please!

8. Balance out racials! Most top guilds are horde, and that sucks! Not because horde sucks, but because their racials are sooo OP! I'm routing for Neverwinter right now because they're the only Alliance guild in that top race among people who faction change and race change for a 5% damage increase -.- my solution, give each race, a defensive and offensive racial move that share a CD!

9. Player housing! Yes, I want to build my own account wide house that is a place I can set my hearthstone to that when I log off on say my Dwarf Warrior, my Human mage will see that character hanging out in the house doing stuff, kinda like the sims. I want to be able to build a dance studio in my house, statues that you can equip armor sets, a room with portals to major faction cities, a dance studio, a barber shop, and a cooking hall. We will leave our home to do other stuff in game, but it would be super cool to have our own houses! Factions wouldn't share the same house obviously.

10. World of Mariokart! Yup, all those ground mounts you got, well you can use them in a mario kart style racing mini game! Everyone gets a secondary profession called racing, and you que up against players, or race your best times on your ground mounts to gain skill points and different abilities you can use against other players in races.

11. Hearthstone board tables at every inn. I want to be able to walk around in WoW, go to any inn, sit down and play Hearthstone with other players FOR FREE, because I have a WoW subscription. This would be a really awesome thing, you could do to kill time in game, more minigames the better!

12. The following expansions in this order: The Dark Below (undersea expansion with islands), Journey to Argus (Burning Legion themed when we go to Planet Argus), Remnants of the Past (we travel to an alternate timeline during the 1st war and help past figures fix the time line), The Pantheon (an expansion revolved around the titans and other worlds), and finally Fury of Sargeras (where we finish the fight against the evil titan Sargeras). The Final Battle (Alliance and Horde both mighty from saving the universe has one last score to settle... an all out battle for the fate of Azeroth!)

That's all I got, I'm tired and my creative juices are burned out!

Stop making wow something it isn't, it got this famous and this popular for a reason. If the game truly sucked like "everyone" says it is, then no one would be left play it.

1. New Player Models
    2. Removal of gear from LFR
    3. Engaging storyline (Siege of Orgrimmar is really heavy-handed and boring. )

4 (if I'm allowed!). Profession Revamp
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

1. Item Squish.

It is really needed.

2. More healing specs.

I need them to keep me interested in the game.

3. A complete overhaul of the Mage class.

Mages are now so boring somehow. Their mechanics are of Lineage 2 level (2 crits in a row? WHAT A DESIGN!!1!1!).

4. New character models.

For the love of God. It is much more than needed.

1. Definitely, and Blizzard has made obvious attempts to make it happen more and more. I quit WoW for a bit and tried out GW2, and it admittedly has been tough to get back into the swing of things. Just running around from one event to another was amazing.

2. I always stood by WoW's graphics. "They aren't the best, but they're timeless," I'd often say. But, again, I tried out GW2 and it's tough to return to WoW's graphics. Obviously one game is much much newer and runs on a much much better engine, but I'm not even complaining about having more polygons. Rather, it's the armor models that get to me. They're all so ugly, and clunky, and bleh (my 2 cents, obviously).

3. I like the way that WoW's abilities work. I'll save the esports for LoL.

So, I'm all for one, and it'll probably happen (to some extent). Two is a bit iffy, it'd be great, but I don't see it happening - ever. Three I just don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Eren Yaeger View Post
    Stop making wow something it isn't, it got this famous and this popular for a reason. If the game truly sucked like "everyone" says it is, then no one would be left play it.
    Agreed. This is a forum, for Pete's sake.

Darker nights(!!)
    More races, more classes, more factions, more achievements, more mounts (less p2w from rm store) more pets (same thing there) more titles, more zones, more world bosses! more world events, updates to existing world events (take brewfest for example, its alot of fun but no point for me to do it when i have both mounts and title etc) player housing!

Also what this guy said
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10path
    11. Hearthstone board tables at every inn. I want to be able to walk around in WoW, go to any inn, sit down and play Hearthstone with other players FOR FREE, because I have a WoW subscription. This would be a really awesome thing, you could do to kill time in game, more minigames the better!
    that sounds like a good ide.

- - - Updated - - -

i definitely don't want any item squish thats the most retarded idea i've ever heard of.

1. New Character Models

2. Remove ALL DPS affecting Racials... pls..

3. Separate Skills to behave differently in PvE and PvP. Fuck the idiots who can't read tooltips.

Deleted
    1. New character models - nothing is more important than this. Yesterday I was turned into a human in a Dragonblight quest and my jaw dropped from the outdatedness.

2. Item Squish - You did 289328329 damage, your hot healed you for 928392834 and then you got 2983298322 damage from a dot. Enough said.

3. Graphical updates across the board, everywhere in pre-Panda areas you can see bad textures or simply bland areas. Prime example being the mountain areas between Feralas and Mulgore. It looks like a 2004 game.

4. Outland quests revamped (but don't spend too much resources on this, currently it's just too painful to level through)

5. Quests reduced and leveling more based on events and solo scenarios..or even group scenarios

6. Player Housing, yes I really want this. When done right, it would bring people out to the world. Say, you can build your house to Winterspring or Shadowmoon Valley. That would be amazing. And you could buy prettier stuff when you have gotten enough achievement points. There would finally be a reason to actually do achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    3. Graphical updates across the board, everywhere in pre-Panda areas you can see bad textures or simply bland areas. Prime example being the mountain areas between Feralas and Mulgore. It looks like a 2004 game.
    Agreed, if they can not make it better than MoP. Also, have you noticed how the undead hair looks like flat tree textures compared to the smooth blood elf hair styles? This needs to be fixed, same for orcs and trolls.

Deleted
    Oh man, I got sooo many things! Let's see if I can list of most of them.
    1. All healers can dps and put out heals like fistweaving or attonement style. So 3 out of the 6 healers can do this already, but I'd like to see all healers have this option. Gives healers something to do when no real healing is required, they can do a little damage roation and put out a small amount of heals, good times!
    Rather make the battles more interesting for healers. They're healers, not dpser or off-dpsers! I don't know how to make fights more interesting, I'll leave that for blizzard.

2. All rare elites can be shared amongst players! This exists now with recent content, but I want this to be with ALL rare elites through out the game, and in the future.
    It would remove any feeling of success or individuality if all you needed to do was to find the rare, even if someone else is killing it. Sure, loosing a rare sucks, but that is part of the game. You should benefit from dedication to the game

3. More account bound epics obtained through pve! I was awful when JP were so useless you converted them to honor just so you could buy some 476 pvp gear to help you get into LFR, with the Timeless isle it's a great catch up game for altaholics like myself, keep this going for end game!
    No arguing here, atleast make something more interesting things with the JP.

4 & 5. Scenarios are for leveling experience, and dungeons for end game. I don't want my 5 mans to die, I want more of them, and them to be a bit more challenging, I can solo any heroic on my monk right now with my current gear (ilvl 552). Let's make them a bit more challenging again, but not as brutal as they were in Cata at first. A happy median, and release more 5 mans as the expansion grows to help characters get caught up! Make scenarios (which suck and are boring as hell at end game) something you unlock each level and you can complete for random blue items and plenty of experience rewards, this will keep everyone happy, and end game you have heroic scenarios which rewards TONS of valor and justice points, and 5 mans rewards a smaller amount but mostly gear.
    Once again, no arguing here. Heroics should be heroic, but there should also be easier heroics for people who are new/want to start out gearing up. Make heroics demand skill, awareness and teamwork (which can be difficult when you get a group of 4 mute people)

6. MORE races! I want to see Ogres, Ethereals, Khajiit (cat people from Elder Scrolls), Naga, Murlocs, and many more races added to World of Warcraft! Why? It's fun that's why!
    I disagree, having a bazillion different races running around isn't that much fun. The ones who are playable are playable for a reason, it'd call for new leveling zones which is just totally pointless since you never return to them post level 20. Better to focus on different things

7. MORE classes! I want to see Dragonsworn, Bards, Sages, Tinkers, Summoners, and more! Different classes are so much fun to play and fight against in pvp, if their were only the original 9 classes it would be pretty dull and boring. I was one of the first Monks and Deathknights on my server around midnight to create my new class and level them up to level cap! Also, more hero classes please!
    This would totally remove the charm of the game, since all these new classes and hero editions would be have to be better for people to actually want to bother with leveling a new char from level 1-100... Rather make each class unique and different. Make each spec feel like a new spec!
    OR have some legendary questline where one can "upgrade" you class into a new one, through raiding, question and etcetera - to see your character evolve and become something more.

8. Balance out racials! Most top guilds are horde, and that sucks! Not because horde sucks, but because their racials are sooo OP! I'm routing for Neverwinter right now because they're the only Alliance guild in that top race among people who faction change and race change for a 5% damage increase -.- my solution, give each race, a defensive and offensive racial move that share a CD!
    Yes.

9. Player housing! Yes, I want to build my own account wide house that is a place I can set my hearthstone to that when I log off on say my Dwarf Warrior, my Human mage will see that character hanging out in the house doing stuff, kinda like the sims. I want to be able to build a dance studio in my house, statues that you can equip armor sets, a room with portals to major faction cities, a dance studio, a barber shop, and a cooking hall. We will leave our home to do other stuff in game, but it would be super cool to have our own houses! Factions wouldn't share the same house obviously.
    Why would you want this in a million years? Portal to each major city? There would be no people there, because they'd hang out in their house.
    There is no point in having a dance studio or a cooking hall, since it'll do nothing to improve the game rather than helping you waste alot of time doing the same thing you can do on the streets. Instead of pointless additions, make questing rewarding, challenging dungeons with rewarding experiences, scenarios, world events, "event zones".

10. World of Mariokart! Yup, all those ground mounts you got, well you can use them in a mario kart style racing mini game! Everyone gets a secondary profession called racing, and you que up against players, or race your best times on your ground mounts to gain skill points and different abilities you can use against other players in races.
    Jesus fuck. Everybody has a 100% mount, so what is the point? Besides, what wow needs isn't more timekillers, it needs to evolve and make the character evolvement fun.

Read the last 2 replies on pointless additions.

12. The following expansions in this order: The Dark Below (undersea expansion with islands), Journey to Argus (Burning Legion themed when we go to Planet Argus), Remnants of the Past (we travel to an alternate timeline during the 1st war and help past figures fix the time line), The Pantheon (an expansion revolved around the titans and other worlds), and finally Fury of Sargeras (where we finish the fight against the evil titan Sargeras). The Final Battle (Alliance and Horde both mighty from saving the universe has one last score to settle... an all out battle for the fate of Azeroth!)
    Nothing to say here. Just that if WOW doesn't evolve or manage to keep interesting, it'll last.. 1, maybe 2 more expansions.

That's all I got, I'm tired and my creative juices are burned out!
    Nice to see people with ideas, even though I disagree on many of your points.

Feature to run ANY 5man instance and ANY raid in all of WoW as a max-level content, with randomized rewards.

I would love to do all those old instances and raids as max level.

Deleted
    The thing I would really want is the only thing which cannot happen.

I'd love to go back to the complex model WoW had some time ago instead of the simplified trinity model it uses now with just 3 roles.
    But that's too hard to handle, especially in a world where majority of guilds do 10men, which is an environment where it's even harder to balance things if you move away from the simplified model currently active.

It's a shame though, I really like the role of pure support or the role of that Heal/DD which perform less than the others, but brings some incredible buffs to the raid.
    Alack WoW doesn't offer that anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Feature to run ANY 5man instance and ANY raid in all of WoW as a max-level content, with randomized rewards.

I would love to do all those old instances and raids as max level.
    This would be so cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dynamic events turn into a farm grind at least in GW2, but maybe WoW could do it right. Honestly they aren't fun at all compared to some clever questing mechanics Blizz has come up with. They can make quests a lot less boring for sure, but just look at timeless isle.. running around farming the same shit 24/7, you find that fun? GW2.0, so fucking lame.

The problem WoW has is you get a lot of mundane quests and then a few cool ones in an entire zone, they need to make them all cool with the same amount of design effort put in. More work, but worth it.

For me, I'd like to see a lot less phasing. It's just awkward and being set apart from other people in the same zone is dumb.

I think the graphics are fine, running on ultra the game still looks amazing because of its art style. I could go for better tree's and grass maybe but their wall and floor textures are top notch for the style. Better models for sure though.

I've always wanted and will always want to be able to tank/heal on any class.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Mounted combat/dangers on ground and in air.

Currently when you mount and travel that way you can skip most dangers because of your speed or height. That need to change. WoW would be so much better when you have to watch out where you travel through. Watch tower with archers can shoot you out of the sky. Cannoneers can blast you off your fly mount. Traps on the ground makes you dismount your horse/wolf/etc.. That kind of stuff. To protect yourself you get a couple, let say 2 or 3, of class specific skills to use while mounted.
    To makes this work even better the max fly height (ceiling) needs to be lowered. You can fly ridiculous high at the moment and there is really no need for that. Also i like to be mounted fatigue to be added so you can't travel endlessly anymore, but need to give your mount a rest after some period. That makes traveling even more challenging.

2. Emerald Dream added to the game.

I would really like to have the Emerald Dream to be added to the game. There are 4 dreamportals in the game (5 in lore) for years and they still hadn't any function. I think it would be cool if Blizzard added this alternate Azeroth as an alternate way to level from level 60 to level 100. So players can choose whether to go to Outland/Northrend or Emerald Dream. And of course the new level range zones are there as well.

3. All classes have at least 2 roles (DPS/Tank/Heal)

I think that WoW can be better when each class has at least 2 classroles. Some classes have already 2 or 3 (or even 4) roles, but there are still classes with only 1 role. That needs to be changed. The classes that are involved with this are: Rogues, Hunters, Mages and Warlocks. They are pure DPS classes, but can be so much more.
    Rogues could have supportive role with their poisons and potions. Hunter can have tanking role with their beasts, Mages can have supportive role with their spells and Warlocks can have a tanking role with their demons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Ooh yes, how could I forget this one! Arrange a world cup with tracks all over Azeroth! Just make the controls a little bit different and more challenging for this and it'll be awesome.