Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Any reason why Asia guilds not on the WoWprog?

So I am not a heroic raider, but I always check the wowprogress list when its Addvertised on MMOchamp. But with the recent Asia guild defeating Garrosh on H-10 I noticed they're not on the wowprogress list.

Any reason why this is? is there a setting in it we gotta turn on? Or does wowprogress just not advertise asia guild kills?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Asia got a whole different race, since they got separated lockouts, which means a way faster gear up.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Asia is essentially a different race now with the differing lockouts and item levels depending on country. WoWProgress only tracks US/EU in that table, but you can find the Asia race here, minus China.

I've heard they get 2 raid lockouts, rather than just 1 like the rest of the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/asia

You just have to find it. It doesn't show Chinese realms though, there's probably a reason why, I just don't know it yet.

Asian guilds operate on a different raid system that gives them higher ilvl gear, because of the varying difficulty and quality of loot the Asians aren't included in the wowprogress rank tracking and aren't considered eligible for world firsts by nearly every Raiding guild racing for firsts.

Deleted
    Because people are sore losers who make excuses.

Infracted. Please, there is many ways to make a constructive answer to a discussion, this isn't one of them. Consider your answers for a discussion, a mere well placed answer builds a better discussion.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-09-30 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    They are on WoWProgress, just not shown under the 'West Progress'. They have their own tracking over at http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/asia

It was all separated back when the Asian's were given two lockouts a week as a pose to just 1 like the rest of us, which in turn gives them an advantage as they have a chance to get double the loot each week.

I think for the Garrosh HC kill, the guild that downed it had an average item level of 575 whereas the majority of the top EU guilds are around 565. *Them item level's might be slightly wrong, it's just what I remember being mentioned!

It's because they can (and just did) beat their heads against the wall on 10/14 25h, get bored, switch to 10h on sunday and drop everything with 20 ilvls higher than the 10H exclusive raiders in the rest of the world. It basically gives them a huge 10H advantage the rest of the world doesn't share. Why aren't they on the 25H progression chart? I have no idea. But their omission from the 10H race is just to keep it clean, since their 25H teams can come in and blow away 10H if 25H isn't working for them, with gear the west's 10H teams couldn't possibly have, because if they did, they'd be locked out of 10H.

Hope that clears it up.

Deleted
    China is not on wowprogress because their armory does not allows API.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    Thanks. That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    Ahh, yeah I remember something about that, a privacy thing IIRC.

That explains why they're also missing from 25H progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    Wow ok, and there was me thinking we might be able to discuss like adults

Different rules, different race.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    Do you even know about their lockouts? clearly you don't

Deleted
    any reason why they can upgrade 4 times while all other players can only upgrade 2 times? any other funny benefits the asians have before all others?

check the guys from the garrosh hc defeat guild. i was wondering how they could be on 573+ ilvl while all other top 10 guilds "creep" around 560+ ....

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the way it works is that 25man loot starts at 2/4 upgrades done, don't quote me on that though.

My sig /10chars
    Last edited by iggie; 2013-09-30 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    Why aren't they on the 25H progression chart? I have no idea.
    Because of the same reason - they can easily form multiple 10H raids to get more geared. While ToT gear is irrelevant at this point, 10H SoO gear should still be pretty decent upgrade for Asian 25H guilds with just 3 resets worth of loot available.

Asia is playing a different game with different rules.

1)- They get multiple lockouts, allowing them to gear much faster.
    2)- Their 25 kills have better loot. The bosses are also harder, but this is only +health and +damage- meaning that some bosses scale really well with that, and others scale really bad.

These two things combine to change the game entirely. Their kills require less execution, but more actual raids.

AsiaWoW is not the same thing as the WoW we have over here.

Fun fact: If people start taking their kills as seriously in the rest of the world (aka, treating them the same), the top guilds will have no choice but to xfer to Asian realms. They all went horde, and that was for like three orders of magnitude less advantage, after all!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by danuraya View Post
    any reason why they can upgrade 4 times while all other players can only upgrade 2 times?
    That was how they implemented better 25 man loot. Your 25 gear starts as 2/4.

Again, it's a different game, and there's no comparing them, with their much greater gear levels, to US/EU realms. Different rules for different games.

Deleted
    because comparing the Asian guilds with there double lockouts per week, separate 10 and 25 man mods, plus Higher Ileves to EU / US guilds is like
    comparing a F1 Race to a Nascar Race. Both are racing, but have different rules to each other, and competed on different tracks.