10+ Year Old Account

Did I do something wrong?

(Not a ranked game)

So heres the story-

I join queue, get in a game, pick darius, lock in, and say "top" as I do every game. Nobody complains about it, everyone knows darius is best in top.

Then 3 other players say top, and the other says jungle.

I say "Player X and me said top first, so we get top"

Silence, so I assume they agree.

However, instead of me and the other guy going top, this other guy goes top too, and we refuses to leave. So the person who we agreed to have go top with me goes bot.

In the middle of the game, the mid person says "Report docterfreeze and garen (bot) for instalocking."

I said "What's instalocking?" (I honestly didn't know)

She said "What level are you?"

I said "10" (only 1 level lower than her)

She said "wtf"

Then she said nothing for the whole game.

I wasn't having a very good game, the guy who was stubborn and went top when he wasn't supposed to sucked and fed the enemy, so I couldn't kill him.

Did I do anything ban-worthy?

Deleted
    No, you won't get banned. Insta locking isn't against the rules anyway.

Generally speaking at level 30 it's best not to lock straight away - you need to be a little flexible, because it's not just your location that matters - you might want to adjust based on an all AP / AD team, if the team needs a tank, or more damage, if you don't have any cc etc. or maybe someone else in the team asks really nicely and you let them take that role... so it's best not to lock in unless everyone else is locked in and waiting for you (which pretty much never happens at level 30 unless it's a bot game.) So it's best not to instant lock - but still, there are no rules against it.

If you're going to lock in early, it's generally considered polite to call your role first, at least give a few seconds to ensure no one else has called that role and that everyone understands, then lock in... rather than lock in, then call your role. Due to latency, you will always see your message first - but it might not be first on other peoples screens, and if someone has very high latency, they might not even see you call top for several seconds.

At level 10 a lot of new players don't even know what the meta is, and it's certainly not strictly followed. Sounds like a silly person over reacting though, you'll get plenty of them. Even if they report you.. nothing's going to happen... but I'd get out of the habit of locking immediately, just be a bit flexible as preparation for level 30