2PC 8 Seconds for Surv, 4 for BM/MM?

Okay so I have been playing Survival for like, ever. I casually browse the WoW forums and noticed that there are recent topics about BM/MM only getting a 4 second off of Rapid Fire whereas Survival gets 8 seconds, with our 2PC bonus.

What I am wondering is, was it always like this? Has MM/BM always been getting a 4 second minus to RF while Surv being 8?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    What I am wondering is, was it always like this? Has MM/BM always been getting a 4 second minus to RF while Surv being 8?
    Yes.

It has been like that yes. Mostly likely because Rapid fire is more beneficial for MM and BM.

If by always you mean since it went live then yes. The number was changed (for all specs) many times on the PTR though.

I don't think blizzard has officially said anything about why it is this way, but it makes some sense if you think about it in terms of shot breakdowns. Survival spends many more GCDs casting explosive shot than the other specs spend on their signature shots because of lock and load and the cooldown on chimera shot, it has a second focus-costing non-filler shot in black arrow, and it has nothing like bestial wrath that reduces the focus cost of arcane shot (apart from TOTH which is available to all specs). It also casts fewer multi-shots because marksmanship has bombardment and BM has bestial wrath.

I am a little surprised they didn't make aimed shot reduce the cooldown by more time than arcane shot for marksmanship, considering it has a higher focus cost and a cast time. Then again marksmanship does get a fair number of free instant aimed shots to work with and even more aimed shots from the 4 piece bonus so maybe they found it unnecessary to benefit even further from the 2 piece.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's because SV uses less Arcane than BM and MM do. They raised the reduction for SV to make it somewhat equal.

My estimations have BM using 9-11 (36-44 seconds off CD) Arcane Shot per minute, MM running around 6-9 (24-36 seconds off CD) Arcane and Aimed combined, and SV using 3-6 (24-48 seconds off CD). BM will average out to be a bigger benefit, but it's not a huge difference. These are just VERY BASIC estimates, but are intended to show the Arcane disparity between the specs.

Ideally, I'd keep arcane at 4 seconds for BM and MM, but change Aimed to give 6-8 seconds. SV could with the current 8 seconds. This could bring the 2-set to be a bit more in-line between specs. But, as I mentioned earlier, the difference isn't too great so I wouldn't expect anything.

Hmmmm I was sure it was 8 seconds per arcane shot so when I got my 2 piece and saw it was only 4 seconds I was mildly disappointed. Never thought that it would be different for Survival and BM.... Probably wouldn't have noticed for weeks that it was 8 seconds for survival if I hadn't seen this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Hmmmm I was sure it was 8 seconds per arcane shot so when I got my 2 piece and saw it was only 4 seconds I was mildly disappointed. Never thought that it would be different for Survival and BM.... Probably wouldn't have noticed for weeks that it was 8 seconds for survival if I hadn't seen this thread.
    The text on 2pc changes according to your spec, for BM/MM it shows 4 seconds, for SV it shows 8 seconds.