Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pull Heroic Garrosh without 13/14H down THAT RESET

Is it possible? I heard on Method's stream that they did some bosses on normal, although I might have misunderstood that. I was under the impression you had to clear all the heroics that reset. Is it only required to have killed them as the raid leader, period?

I know it won't impact us for quite some time, but I was just curious. Thanks.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't do anything on normal, it's Method. Maybe on some alts or something, but still their alts are all probably 13/14H by now.

They most likely did a second run on normal to funnel gear to mains that weren't in during the heroic kills. And yes, only the raid leader needs to have killed every single boss on heroic on that reset.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    They didn't do anything on normal, it's Method. Maybe on some alts or something, but still their alts are all probably 13/14H by now.
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. They did everything on normal, with a second raid. No they don't have a second run with 13/14H, because that would be pointless. You can't merge heroic lockouts.

Just to explain why they do this:
    Let's say player A,B, and C kill boss #1 on heroic. They then sit out for boss #2 on heroic.
    IF they come in for boss #3 on heroic, they will have missed out on possible loot from boss #2. So after the main raid kills boss #2 on heroic, they form up a second raid with people who weren't in on the boss #2 heroic kill, and kill it on normal, and probably funnel the gear to their "main" raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Let's say player A,B, and C kill boss #1 on heroic. They then sit out for boss #2 on heroic.
    IF they come in for boss #3 on heroic, they will have missed out on possible loot from boss #2. So after the main raid kills boss #2 on heroic, they form up a second raid with people who weren't in on the boss #2 heroic kill, and kill it on normal, and probably funnel the gear to their "main" raiders.
    Wrong;

If you kill Boss 1 on heroic, sit for Boss 2 while your raid kills Boss 2, anytime you enter the dungeon, Boss 2 will be dead. Doesn't matter if you were in or not, a heroic lockout is the same among everyone present for any of the kills.

Quote Originally Posted by D R E A D E D View Post
    Wrong;

If you kill Boss 1 on heroic, sit for Boss 2 while your raid kills Boss 2, anytime you enter the dungeon, Boss 2 will be dead. Doesn't matter if you were in or not, a heroic lockout is the same among everyone present for any of the kills.
    Wrong. If you switch to normal the boss will be there, because you're no longer using the heroic lockout but rather your personal boss lockout. His explaination was exactly what top guilds are doing.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I'm sure you guys are right, and that what I heard was them doing a second run for people who were sat. I only watched for a few minutes. Regardless, does the RL have to have killed all 13 previous bosses on heroic in the lockout that is accessing Garrosh H?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    I'm sure you guys are right, and that what I heard was them doing a second run for people who were sat. I only watched for a few minutes. Regardless, does the RL have to have killed all 13 previous bosses on heroic in the lockout that is accessing Garrosh H?
    RL doesn't need to of been in for all 13. Just the lockout itself has 13 Heroic bosses down, then you can access Garrosh.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. They did everything on normal, with a second raid. No they don't have a second run with 13/14H, because that would be pointless. You can't merge heroic lockouts.
    That's not what I was saying. But whatever, question was answered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    This is one of those things that top guilds are doing for years now. IMO blizzard should not allow this, ether by not allowing someone who kills a boss on HC to switch to normal on the same reset or by only allowing 1 HC char run per account or something like that, at least I think they should absolutely do it on the 1st month of progress, the way it is now is quite troublesome even for the top guilds to run like 5 alt raids all the time in order to maximize gear drops...

Quote Originally Posted by spyke View Post
    This is one of those things that top guilds are doing for years now. IMO blizzard should not allow this, ether by not allowing someone who kills a boss on HC to switch to normal on the same reset or by only allowing 1 HC char run per account or something like that, at least I think they should absolutely do it on the 1st month of progress, the way it is now is quite troublesome even for the top guilds to run like 5 alt raids all the time in order to maximize gear drops...
    This is simply stupid. I dont even need an argument. just stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know we would just have 5 accounts then right?

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    This is simply stupid. I dont even need an argument. just stupid.
    Cuse being forced to have 5 or more alt raids to compete aint ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    You know we would just have 5 accounts then right?
    Just saying that something needs to be done, it's not up to me to think which method is the best.

Just saying that something needs to be done, it's not up to me to think which method is the best.
    Why does something need to be done? People at that level or raiding choose to do things like this.

The alt raids are mostly there for week 1 when they run 6 25 man raids and funnel gear to main raiders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Why does something need to be done? People at that level or raiding choose to do things like this.
    The 'race to world first' or an earlier boss kill done by a top guild should not be determined by the number of alt raids a guild has, the game is basically forcing you to clear the same instance multiple times even if you don't like it.

The 'race to world first' or an earlier boss kill done by a top guild should not be determined by the number of alt raids a guild has, the game is basically forcing you to clear the same instance multiple times even if you don't like it.
    the game is NOT FORCING you to do it.
    The only things forcing it are the players racing for the world firsts.
    If every raider kept to the No one does alt clears, only main raids then it wouldnt be happening. But since even ONE guild does it, the rest need to do it to be competitive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Wrong. If you switch to normal the boss will be there, because you're no longer using the heroic lockout but rather your personal boss lockout. His explaination was exactly what top guilds are doing.
    Thats not how lockouts work. Normal/heroic share lockouts. Flex is a different matter, but if you kill a boss on heroic, you CANT go back and kill it on normal, and vice-versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Thats not how lockouts work. Normal/heroic share lockouts. Flex is a different matter, but if you kill a boss on heroic, you CANT go back and kill it on normal, and vice-versa.
    Indeed, I was just trying to explain that normal uses flexible (heck, not the new flex but they referred to lockouts as flexible when they implemented them in cata, what a mess >_<) lockouts, which go on a boss per boss basis. Killing a boss on heroic flags it onto your normal lockout kill, as does accepting a bind on heroic or killing a boss in an already-existing bind on normal.