Poll: How long will Heroic Garrosh last

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How long do you think Heroic Garrosh will last?

Method and Paragon have both re-cleared 13/14H and are now progressing on Garrosh. How long do you think it will take one of them (or perhaps another guild) to kill this boss world first?

Here is some background:

Lei Shen lasted 7 days after the world first heroic twin consorts kill.
    Sha of Fear lasted 4 days after the world first heroic Lei Shi kill.
    Spine of Deathwing lasted 11 days (somewhat irrelevant)
    Ragnaros lasted 13 days after the world first heroic Majordomo kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    2-4 days probably. I do wonder if SoO was too easy though, but it doesn't matter to me as i haven't killed a normal boss yet.

Something I don't understand with the Garrosh fight is that there is 1 "Heroic" spells in the dungeon journal? Maybe they went all ra-den style and just did not put it in there but I have no clue if its the same fight on HC or there is "Hidden secret HC only mechanics" that will make it way harder.

Compare
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=71865#encounter (extend everything)

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=60999#encounter (Extend everything)

The top guilds are raiding so much that even 3-4 days can be 200-300 attempts which is a shit ton already for a boss. Considering Siegecrafter took around 200 already I'd be counting on around 250-300 attempts, so 4 days. If it's more than that it usually requires more gear.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

My guess is one more reset, so October.

0. I already kill heroic garrosh completly solo.

Jokes aside im feeling like 2-4 days. That seems like a good time since its like 100 wipes per day pretty much. So yea my bet is 3 days prob
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Tomorrow. He'll be dead tomorrow.

One thing I've always wondered...And that's cause I'm not a hardcore worldfirst raider...

When the top guilds kill a boss and it takes say, 200 attempts at it...How many times would they face it before it becomes a 1-shot boss?

I used to raid more back in BC and we were a decent progression guild for our server (fairly casual but we progressed...) and when we finally downed a new boss after many attempts (for us that would have only been about 20-40) we'd still be a bit nervous facing it the next time

It seems that if you take over 200 attempts to kill a boss then it's never a walk in the park.....is it just a matter of getting better gear each week? Or finally the right strategy for the group or what? Just wondering after hearing that the top guilds have zipped through the previous content and are now working on Garrosh

I'm guessing he'll be dead within 3 days. If he's not dead by then, then next week.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Banders View Post
    One thing I've always wondered...And that's cause I'm not a hardcore worldfirst raider...

When the top guilds kill a boss and it takes say, 200 attempts at it...How many times would they face it before it becomes a 1-shot boss?

I used to raid more back in BC and we were a decent progression guild for our server (fairly casual but we progressed...) and when we finally downed a new boss after many attempts (for us that would have only been about 20-40) we'd still be a bit nervous facing it the next time

It seems that if you take over 200 attempts to kill a boss then it's never a walk in the park.....is it just a matter of getting better gear each week? Or finally the right strategy for the group or what? Just wondering after hearing that the top guilds have zipped through the previous content and are now working on Garrosh
    By the time you've put in enough attempts to kill a fight like Lei Shen, two things happen: One, you've mastered the strategy. This means that, barring high DPS/healing requirements, you'll probably one or two-shot the fight from then on out. Two, you've already killed it once at your current gear level. When you come back the next week, you'll have another round of gear from all those bosses.

So, now that you've mastered the strategy and have better gear, you'll wipe considerably less on repeat kills.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

It seems that if you take over 200 attempts to kill a boss then it's never a walk in the park
    I remember paragon saying that their 2nd kill of Lei Shen took 4 attempts, while their first kill took 330 or something if that's an indication.
    Method also one shot Paragons of Klaxxi this week after spending 3 days on it last week.

I have a feeling that heroic garrosh will be very easy compared to other end bosses

Deleted
    I would say he will survive this lockout. Noone besides these two guild know what the secret heroic mechanics are (if even they know it by now), so it's hard to say. But after all MoP delivered fairly good end bosses except sha of fear. Lei Shen was really nice and hard and I hope garrosh will be just even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    By the time you've put in enough attempts to kill a fight like Lei Shen, two things happen: One, you've mastered the strategy. This means that, barring high DPS/healing requirements, you'll probably one or two-shot the fight from then on out. Two, you've already killed it once at your current gear level. When you come back the next week, you'll have another round of gear from all those bosses.

So, now that you've mastered the strategy and have better gear, you'll wipe considerably less on repeat kills.
    Yeah...I thought it was a combination of those things.

I guess that what makes someone a world's best raider tho is the consistency with their performance as well as the lack of any mistakes at all....I've seen a few posts or polls in the past where people were saying that they'd be able to be a world's top raider if they could only give up their lives for the amount of time required to perform during progression weeks but I think that's mostly nonsense.

I feel I'm a better than decent tank but I still make mistakes every so often or get distracted by the nice shiny things on screen once in a while so I know that no matter how much time I had I could never be in world's top guild

Big kudo's to those who are tho...tip of the hat to all of them

depends how hard new heroic phase is tbh

if its something like pre nerf H rag phase then it might last a reset (remember normal garrosh takes average of 10min in average gear)

but like others mentioned these top guilds can pull 200+pulls within 2-3day period so its very hard to judge when garrosh is going to get killed :/ so... im just gona go with 5-6days
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    2-4 days probably. I do wonder if SoO was too easy though, but it doesn't matter to me as i haven't killed a normal boss yet.
    I've seen a few people conjecturing about H SoO without setting a foot in there. As a comparison, there were ~1350 guilds in the West (US/EU) that killed Ra-den last tier (I am rounding because some of those guilds broke up and reassembled and killed him again, so the actual number on wowprogress isn't exact). However, only ~950 guilds have killed two heroic bosses. So there are ~400 guilds who could kill Ra-den but have yet to kill a second heroic.

Sobering. As a blue post once said, tuning heroics is really tough. They said something like, "the top guilds are 10x better than the guilds who will clear heroics months later."

Method, BL, Paragon, and the like are really just that good...and raid that much.

Only a few attempts normally, early on they get so much gear that it actually makes it a fair bit easier the 2nd time through, once they have seen a boss a few hundred times everyone knows what to do, if they have to change strat or use a different comp for some reason they would wipe more, you'd be really suprised how efficient the top guilds are at farming they play on a whole other level then most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Method and Paragon have both re-cleared 13/14H and are now progressing on Garrosh. How long do you think it will take one of them (or perhaps another guild) to kill this boss world first?

Here is some background:

Lei Shen lasted 7 days after the world first heroic twin consorts kill.
    Sha of Fear lasted 4 days after the world first heroic Lei Shi kill.
    Spine of Deathwing lasted 11 days (somewhat irrelevant)
    Ragnaros lasted 13 days after the world first heroic Majordomo kill.

Method was the only guild in the world to kill Paragons of the Klaxxi last reset. So they killed it twice, since they cleared upto Garrosh this week also.

Paragon, only killed Paragons on wednesday, after the reset, as they just couldn't manage to kill it last reset.

So, Method have the gear advantage going forward

Method will kill it this reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    I've seen a few people conjecturing about H SoO without setting a foot in there. As a comparison, there were ~1350 guilds in the West (US/EU) that killed Ra-den last tier (I am rounding because some of those guilds broke up and reassembled and killed him again, so the actual number on wowprogress isn't exact). However, only ~950 guilds have killed two heroic bosses. So there are ~400 guilds who could kill Ra-den but have yet to kill a second heroic.

Sobering. As a blue post once said, tuning heroics is really tough. They said something like, "the top guilds are 10x better than the guilds who will clear heroics months later."

Method, BL, Paragon, and the like are really just that good...and raid that much.
    Indeed. My guild killed Sha of fear heroic just 2 days before Throne of Thunder was released and we killed Ra-den 2 weeks before siege of Orgrimmar was released. We still haven't killled a heroic siege of Orgrimmar boss yet... In fact we didn't even kill normal mode Garrosh the 1st week although that was partly due to 1 of our healers deciding to take a holiday for the 1st week of 5.4.

Using these very top guilds as a guide to boss difficulty doesn't really work.