[Ideas/Fun thread] Legion Seeker

We have a single class that uses Agility daggers. A single class that uses bows and guns. And we've got three leather but only two mail. Tinker and Demon Hunter are often brought up but shot down because "They don't fit due to [reasons]" or "Other classes already took those abilities." I say merge a few class ideas together and make something thematically appropriate for a Burning Legion expansion.

I'd like there to be a heavily magic/physical class that has either three DPS specs or two and a tanking spec that works out like this:

Spec 1: Saboteur
    Primary Stat: Agility
    Resource: Energy
    Weapons: Daggers
    Iconic Spec Abilities:
    • Inject Arcane Bomb (Think of Frost Bomb that detonates faster and harder the more a certain attack hits the target. The explosion causes magic vulnerability.)
    • Inbued Strike (Typical spammed attack learned at level 1. Interacts with IAB above.)
    • Puncture Mine (Attached directly to the target and after a few seconds explodes "down" damaging only that target.)
    • Frazzle Mine (Think one-target frost trap with slowed casting speed built in.)
    • Mole (Disguise ability that makes both mobs and players see you as their faction. Same rules as Stealth.)
    • Clustermines (AOE ability tossing out a blanket of low damage but AOE mines in a wide, short frontal cone)

Lore: Meant to counter the Gan'arg and Mo'arg engineers of the legion.
    Difference from Rogue: No true stealth, no true DoT and revolves around using bombs.

(Borderlands 2: Gaige Concept Art)

Spec 2: Interceptor
    Primary Stat: Intelligence
    Resource: Mana
    Weapons: Bows and Guns
    Iconic Spec Abilities:
    • Divine Shot (Spammed, non-physical equivalent to (Holy/)Arcane shot that does additional damage to demons, undead and aberrations.)
    • Spectral Barrage (A 2.5 second cast shot that fires three arrows each equivilent to HS but randomized Fire/Frost/Nature/Arcane)
    • Core Exposure (Shot that does neglible damage but applies a debuff causing the Interceptor to do 20% more damage to the target and also causes physical vulnerability)
    • Nether Gale (60s CD knockback with movement slowing on single target)
    • Lingering Shadow (Essentially Shadowmeld but doesn't drop combat.)
    • No Survivors (AOE with CD similar to Fire and Brimstone but marks targets and only Spectral Barrage is copied. Shots are fired into a portal and tiny portals appear above targets.)
    • Swift Intellect (A passive converting any agility on weapons into intellect.)

Lore: Intended to disrupt smaller contingents of demons and supplies from reaching camps and forges.
    Differences from Hunter: No pet, no DoT and uses Mana.

(Skyrim: Bound Bow)

Spec 3: Felbreaker
    Primary Stat: Agility
    Resource: Rage
    Weapons: Polearms and Staves
    Iconic Spec Abilities:
    • Thrust (Spammable, main attack. Generates Rage.)
    • Impale (Rage heavy and used a lot. Causes Physical Vulnerability.)
    • Void Rejection (An instant "attack" without a weapon that leaves a weak DoT on the target causing Weakened Blows and -)
    • Light's Fury (Strong, expensive holy attack only usable during procs. Procs from the most recent application of VR.)
    • Pursuit of the Naaru (Long CD ranged holy attack causing heavy damage and stunning)
    • Glorious Revolution (Stationary AOE attack that causes holy damage and snaring all enemies within 10 yards)

Lore: The answer to Doomguards and Felhunters. For those too corrupted or simply unwilling to take the path of the Paladin or Priest.
    Difference from Arms Warrior/Bear: Heavy emphasis on magic damage, not a tank spec, stationary AOE, uses a DoT for proccing. (And encouraging reapplying weakened blows.)

(Diablo 3: Barbarian)

Universally Shared Abilities
    • Track Demons (Same as live)
    • Detector Mine (Stationary ground mine that reveals invisible units in a small AOE. Contact with mine causes minor damage and inability to remain invisible.)
    • A'dal's Blessing (Essentially Flash Heal/Healing Surge/Surging Mist/Flash of Light/etc)
    • Never Found Wanting (One minute CD defensive, 10 second uptime that causes the next attack that would kill you to leave you at 1hp.)

Universal Class Utility:
    • Nether Vortex (All party and raid members within 40 yards take 10% reduced magic damage for 10 seconds.)
    • Sadistic Reclaimation (40% of all damage done within 10 seconds is copied to up to 3 nearby injured party or raid members. AG clone.)

Highly creative, I hope to see more of your ideas.

I like it.
    But I would give Felbreaker dw ability and another resource generator (I don't like Rage like it's used by warriors)

While individually these might make sense as parts of other classes in a legion based expansion, together they seem highly incompatible.

You're proposing an individual without any real identity or coherence.
    They are a class intended to counter demons, that much makes sense, but when you get beyond that...

They're an archer with a mastery of bows and guns....
    but also a polearm and staff wielding heavy hitting berserker...
    And also a technologically advanced scout/saboteur who is an expert in creating and utilizing explosives.

They use demonic and void based powers, but also have the blessing of the Naaru, and can manipulate the arcane as well.

It's just all over the place.
    It would just come across as silly to have a single person who is so good at all of these completely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's just all over the place.
    It would just come across as silly to have a single person who is so good at all of these completely different things.
    I have to disagree. It makes perfect sense in context. First of all, the three specs are completely different on the grounds that they didn't go down the same path. It's why you can have Fire and Frost Mages causing a dichotomy in the class but then there's "What's an element? LoL, I'm just magic" Arcane standing there.

This would work best as a hero class, like Death Knights, in which you're asked to pick your spec fairly early in the quests. If you look at the "Lore" section, they fit a single purpose quite well "Counter the Legion's forces" and they do by three different means for three different situations.

That bit aside, having Shadow and Light power together is fairly easy to explain by just looking at the Felbreaker's description. "Legion Seekers" are those that are only focused on demons and act as a sort of "necessary evil" for the Naaru because they refuse to give up their connection to the Void.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I have to disagree. It makes perfect sense in context. First of all, the three specs are completely different on the grounds that they didn't go down the same path. It's why you can have Fire and Frost Mages causing a dichotomy in the class but then there's "What's an element? LoL, I'm just magic" Arcane standing there.

This would work best as a hero class, like Death Knights, in which you're asked to pick your spec fairly early in the quests. If you look at the "Lore" section, they fit a single purpose quite well "Counter the Legion's forces" and they do by three different means for three different situations.

That bit aside, having Shadow and Light power together is fairly easy to explain by just looking at the Felbreaker's description. "Legion Seekers" are those that are only focused on demons and act as a sort of "necessary evil" for the Naaru because they refuse to give up their connection to the Void.
    All mages manipulate arcane energies, those energies can just take the form fire, frost, or raw arcane energy, but they are still mages.
    Death knights can specialize into manipulating blood, frost or unholy energies, but they are still plate wearing, heavy-hitting unholy warriors from beyond the grave.

Your purposed "Class" isn't a class at all, it's more like a faction of various kinds of people who are fighting the legion.
    You're effectively describing the theoretical Army of the light.

At the end of the day,
    A mage of any type is still the "wizard" archetype.
    A Death Knight of any type is still the "knight" archetype.

But this Legion Seeker class is the "thief" archetype AND a separate "archer" archetype AND a separate "berserker" archetype.

The only class even remotely this diverse is druid.
    But druids are coherent because it's a person with a mastery over nature taking on various animal forms to accomplish different things.
    This is a person who has a mastery over wildly varying, completely unrelated weapons and combat forms.

If the Naaru were going to assist in the fight against the legion, and bolster the powers of people other than Paladins (and priests) why would they first turn to people who refuse to break their connection to the void? They would lend their power to things like druids, shamans, hunters, and normal warriors first.

So, what you're saying is, you want every single class and/or role combined into one completely flawed, game design-breaking, lore-breaking and immensely unbalanced class?

If you want a Polearm based class, make a Spearman spec for Warriors and be done with it.

Please excuse the short critique:

The class is very homogeneous.

Visually the silhouettes of your 3 'variants' are not going to be cohesive (to the class) nor collectively unique from other classes.