10+ Year Old Account

How to come back instantly from downed state?

This is regarding PvP. When I down someone they sometimes instantly res back to half life. What allows them to do this and where can I get it?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

maybe they have someone targeted who is about to die?

I don't know of a class that can instantly get up. Engineers having thrown elixir R before going down can quickly get rezzed by the field it produces and warriors have an ability that gets them up after a few seconds (I think and if traited scoring a kill lets them up fully otherwise they die after some seconds).
    Or what doozerjun said

A still-standing Mesmer casting Illusion of Life allows a person (or group if it's placed well enough) to stand back up for 15 seconds, and if they get a kill it becomes a permanent stand up (if they don't they go back to downed). Or a Warrior using their #3 ability while downed (Vengeance) which can do the same thing as kelevandros (skie) treats the same way.

Or of course what doozerjun said
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    maybe they have someone targeted who is about to die?
    Negative, purely a 1v1 with nobody else involved.

But I can confirm that they only have a limited time of being alive once they use that rezzing ability, and then they instantly die. But they can stay alive if they kill me before the time on that ability is up.
    Something related to vengeance/vengeful or something if that helps, I can never read the name of that boon that they gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Or a Warrior using their #3 ability while downed (Vengeance) which can do the same thing as kelevandros (skie) treats the same way
    Bingo, this is it. Thank you!

Feels incredibly unfair when they use it because in a close fight I manage to down one, then he interrupts my first stomp, then just as the 2nd stomp is about to go off he uses that and comes back to life to put me in downed. Stabilty > stomp.

So this is what Warriors get despite being possibly the strongest PvP class next to Necros. Perfect.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-09-27 at 05:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Feels incredibly unfair when they use it because in a close fight I manage to down one, then he interrupts my first stomp, then just as the 2nd stomp is about to go off he uses that and comes back to life to put me in downed. Stabilty > stomp.

So this is what Warriors get despite being possibly the strongest PvP class next to Necros. Perfect.
    With Veneage warrior has only 15 seconds to live & kill you. Also, if this skill isn't traited to always give rally after warrior kills the target he/she may still die after 15sec time runs out. Trait is: "Sweet Revenge - 100% chance to rally if you kill someone while in vengeance.".

Vengeance
    Rally and fight normally for a brief time. When the rally ends, you are defeated.
    Duration: 15 s

Notes:
    - There is approximately a 35-45% chance that your character will rally and lose the effect when killing a foe while in Vengeance.
    - Some things you can rally off of in downed state cannot be rallied off of during Vengeance (ex. weak spawned minions, turrets, target-able environmental objects).
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vengeance

Learn this buff symbol and evade/kite everything and watch him/her collapse after 15sec.

Here you see something funny. Watch 3min 7sec spot forward and see what the other downed warrior does with his veneage:
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2013-09-27 at 07:03 AM.

Be happy you're not fighting spirit rangers, they tend to get up two times thanks to their spirit

When a ranger is going down (let's say he's at 1k hp) he uses the activate skill of his elite (so the spirit is already out, he just pushes the button again), this'll make the spirit use an ability that cleanses conditions and/or resses players (from downed, not dead). If the ranger goes down again and you kill the spirit in that time period the ranger will res again.

Then rangers ofc have the interupt + pet heal making it nigh impossible to kill them . Warriors on the other hand are quite easy to stay away from when they rally since they shouldn't have their utilities anymore (or the warrior played very poorly) making it very easy to kite them using crippled.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Stop telling all the Ranger secrets Mel!

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Stop telling all the Ranger secrets Mel!
    Good to know! These secrets must be shared to benefit us!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup I'm familiar with rangers, in fact I'd say a downed ranger is a bigger pain than an alive ranger. By the time people can stomp the freaking guy he's bought enough time for his team to cause havoc.