Deleted

Dungeon finder time?

i am new to WOW lvl 31 and recently been doing some dungeons, when i click the dungeon finder i generally let it find a random dungeon. when searching it says average time <2 mins normally. yet most of the time im waiting half hour plus. why is this? does it matter where i am within the world etc? or is there anything i can do that will reduce the time i have to wait?

thanks.

Deleted
    the estimated time is just an estimate, sometimes it's wrong. If you want faster ques, perhaps try queuing as a healer or tank? You could also quest while waiting for the que. Welcome to WoW, enjoy your stay!

Deleted
    yeah but if i queue as a tank or healer arent they gonna expect me to be just that? yeah i have been questing while waiting thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by christbear View Post
    yeah but if i queue as a tank or healer arent they gonna expect me to be just that?
    Yes - in fact you won't even be able to queue as healer or tank if your class is not capable of either of those roles (e.g. mage, hunter, rogue, warlock)

If you are playing a class that can be healer or tank (or both) - e.g. paladin, druid, warrior - then you can queue as that role if you want to, but if you haven't done either before, it might be stressful to do it in a dungeon for the first time.

What class are you playing?

Deleted
    I've experienced something similar with LFR. I think the estimate depends on what's happened in the past, so if you start to queue just past the peak time, you may get an optimistic estimate of the queue but in fact wait significantly longer. I am not 100% sure, but think peak times are often weekdays about 6pm-8pm. If I drop by later on, say 10pm+, it can be hard to do an instance in a reasonable amount of time.

To reduce queue time, do queue as a tank. It's often near instant while leveling. At max level, healers are also very much in demand (e.g. for LFR). I think one reason tanks are scarce is because people may be unfamiliar with the layouts of leveling dungeons and tanks are usually expected to show the way (no real need though - any player could do that, as leveling dungeons are not very dangerous nowadays).

Deleted
    im a worgen warrior, and its my first time on wow and accidentally did my first dungeon as a tank and got moaned at a lot . so now stick to dps but takes forever .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by christbear View Post
    im a worgen warrior, and its my first time on wow and accidentally did my first dungeon as a tank and got moaned at a lot . so now stick to dps but takes forever .
    Hey Chris, welcome to WOW. Yeah queues are going to take time because not enough people want to tank or heal but my recommendation is stick with DPS for now. A lot of people expect experienced players to be tanking or healing (which is unfair really), so you are far better off learning the game as a DPS before learning to tank.

Queues are long for DPS at every level and it has nothing to do where you are but more about how many people your level are on and queue'd up. DPS times can range anywhere from 10mins to an hour. However it soon won't be long before you know what you are doing and can give tanking or healing a go and see if you like them, which will cut your queue times a lot.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2013-09-27 at 05:16 PM.