Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    the game is NOT FORCING you to do it.
    The only things forcing it are the players racing for the world firsts.
    If every raider kept to the No one does alt clears, only main raids then it wouldnt be happening. But since even ONE guild does it, the rest need to do it to be competitive
    Like I said they feel obligated to do it to remain competitive because the game is designed that way and permits it thus I think blizzard should do something about it, because let's be honest, wheres the fun of doing more than 5 alt raids a week.

Quote Originally Posted by spyke View Post
    Like I said they feel obligated to do it to remain competitive because the game is designed that way and permits it thus I think blizzard should do something about it, because let's be honest, wheres the fun of doing more than 5 alt raids a week.
    There's truly no way to stop that though. One raid lockout per account? Multiple accounts. One raid lockout per guild? Multiple guilds. One raid per IP? What if my brother/sister has an account and wants to play? What about proxies? It just can't work, and there's also no real need to do it, so that's why Blizzard isn't doing it.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    There's truly no way to stop that though. One raid lockout per account? Multiple accounts. One raid lockout per guild? Multiple guilds. One raid per IP? What if my brother/sister has an account and wants to play? What about proxies? It just can't work, and there's also no real need to do it, so that's why Blizzard isn't doing it.
    I don't know the best way to 'fix' this, they could just make it so is not possible to switch between normal and heroic modes at will, or limit it to 1 time only thing, like you kill boss1 on heroic, then switch to normal to kill boss2 and from that moment on you can't switch back to heroic again to do boss3.

I don't know the best way to 'fix' this, they could just make it so is not possible to switch between normal and heroic modes at will, or limit it to 1 time only thing, like you kill boss1 on heroic, then switch to normal to kill boss2 and from that moment on you can't switch back to heroic again to do boss3.
    They aren't switching. They're doing completely different raids.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    They aren't switching. They're doing completely different raids.
    The goal is to avoid a char kill a boss on normal mode and do heroic whenever it is needed and then go back to kill normal mode to keep it up with the gear, not at all an ideal solution but better than none, could also limit the number of different chars that can enter an heroic instance to 30 or something.
    Last edited by mmoc6bff638b3f; 2013-09-28 at 05:43 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that your "fixes", even if they actually worked and "punished" World First guilds, would also make it far more annoying for those who don't do such things? 30 people limit? The hell? So now I couldn't swap people from bench to get the gear they need from "easy" bosses - or just replace people who DCed/didn't make it for some reason - just so you can have Method killing Garrosh maybe 2 hours later?

Those guild *will* go through content and get every advantage they can. Except there's a mere handful of them and limiting the game for others just because you want to punish top players is simply stupid.

Deleted
    They could make it so it only happens during the first month of progress or so, but we all know that blizzard never respected much of the 'race'.

They >> want << to do it because they know it will make them competitive. They are not forced to (or at least majority of them aren't). If we talk about that, I also feel "forced" to double-pot, farm / play AH for gold for repair / min-maxing my character and do researches before the patch even come live. Should Blizzard also remove these? Farming gold, using pot and asking friends + Google certainly are less fun than raiding.
    Just because you don't see the fun in having good / a bit extreme preparations (in this case, doing multiple raid), doesn't mean other people don't. I'm in a semi-hardcore guild right now, but I always think my days of raiding from 8pm-5am (was in first year in Uni, class starts at 9) 5 days / week during Vanilla is fun. Tiring, but fun (too bad I can't raid that much anymore, oh well). I guess people who never experienced that may also think of these time as "yuck, what's so fun in playing so much? You are forced to do that, man"

Your fix will punish more non-world-first-competitor guilds than the world first ones, even if it only happens during first month. My current guild for example, is semi-hardcore / casual, largely unknown 9/14H guild. Our roster consists of ~38 people - there are undergeared 545-548 people whose skill is good for us, but gear isn't, so for the moment we can only bring them to easy fights to gear up. Apply your fix, and we have no choice but to drop those people for a month. Now your fix, while aimed at top 10 guilds, also hurts at least another 100-200 guilds (25m) and more (10m). Imagine the QQ Blizzard is going to get.