Changes to Engineer pets - Rascal Bot and Pierre

So they decided to make them cageable! Which is awesome in my opinion! I wonder if the BoP was a mistake or they just decided to change it.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have a few hotfixes to share with you and these changes should be in game now, or will take effect once the realms have been restarted:

Pierre and Rascal-Bot are no longer Bind on Pickup; they can now be caged and you can collect up to 3 of each.
    Rascal-Bot's Phaser spell is now a one-round ability. The tooltip still erroneously states that it is a two-round ability which we plan to correct at a later date.
    Jadefire Spirit's Fade ability now has an eight-round cooldown.
    Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10104710422

I was really hoping these would stay exclusive to Engineers, but, hopefully this doesn't cause the "value" of an Energy source to plummet when people are selling these things for 700-800g in a few weeks/months.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I was really hoping these would stay exclusive to Engineers, but, hopefully this doesn't cause the "value" of an Energy source to plummet when people are selling these things for 700-800g in a few weeks/months.
    How would this reduce the value of the mats? It seems like if anything they will become more valuable due to an increased market.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabian View Post
    How would this reduce the value of the mats? It seems like if anything they will become more valuable due to an increased market.
    More undercutting and saturation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rascal-Bot's Phaser spell is now a one-round ability. The tooltip still erroneously states that it is a two-round ability which we plan to correct at a later date.

Well last time i used him it just attacks once and then it stands stil. Hopefully this will make it playeable in pvp.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to know, my engineering is on an alt and not maxed :/
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    700-800g what??

The Living Steel alone is worth 6k gold at 400g ea.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post

Well last time i used him it just attacks once and then it stands stil. Hopefully this will make it playeable in pvp.
    Sadly it still doesn't work. Atleast the polar bear move is funny.

Seems like nothing is exclusive anymore.

But at least I don't have to deal with still trying to find the pattern on my priest.
    You'd think I'd have seen a drop by now? Nope.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter for exclusiveness or spread-ability. They are weak battle pets.