Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    I don't get the people in here that tell the OP to get a pair of Sennheiser HD headphones instead of a pc 360, the pc 360 is basically a pair of Sennheiser HD headphones just with a mic attached ( hence the price on the PC 360, internally it's the same sound quality as a HD 500 series )

Apart from the HD 598, but that got released after the pc 360 afaik and is in a different price range.
    You can't get a headset and mic combo that will yield the same sound quality for a similar price. IMO go for a real headset (I like my 598's) and a mod mic:

http://www.modmic.com

best headphone setup I've ever had.

Deleted
    Then again Sennheiser has a habit of selling spare parts.

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Then again Sennheiser has a habit of selling spare parts.
    Spare earpads and cables. Do they sell spare mic surgery kits?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    You can't get a headset and mic combo that will yield the same sound quality for a similar price. IMO go for a real headset (I like my 598's) and a mod mic:

http://www.modmic.com

best headphone setup I've ever had.
    The ModMics are very good. I have one (the 2.0 version) as well and I use it with my Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro headphones. Best headset I've ever had and I can only recommend this to everyone. But Antlion seems to have difficulties to keep up with the demand and all ModMics seem to be out of stock. So it could take a while to get one.

It's also important to note that they only ship from the US. However, their international delivery to Germany was inexpensive and fast.
    Last edited by noxx2k; 2013-10-01 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd argue none, get the headphones and a usb mic or webcam with a good mic in it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I own the 333D. Sound was great until I discovered a Beyerdynamics DT 770 PRO and an external studio quality mic was a better combo. If it has to be a headset: The 333D is a bit tight and has rather small pads. The USB soundcard while excellent has a tendency to wear mechanically out if you deconnect headset and USB card too often due to the way it is designed. The mic part also tends to wear out if you swing it out and back regularly. In general I am suggesting a headphone and micro, depending on the budget you might get a better deal with both than an actual headset in the same class.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    I don't get the people in here that tell the OP to get a pair of Sennheiser HD headphones instead of a pc 360, the pc 360 is basically a pair of Sennheiser HD headphones just with a mic attached ( hence the price on the PC 360, internally it's the same sound quality as a HD 500 series )

Apart from the HD 598, but that got released after the pc 360 afaik and is in a different price range.
    If I'm not mistaken, the PC 360 is based off the HD 518, or was that the newer PC 363D? Not 100% sure. Personally I've been using the PC 350 SE + Sound Blaster Z sound card for more than 3 months now, and I just couldn't be happier. Awesome sound, awesome microphone and very comfortable to wear.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"