Poll: Bow or Gun?

Thread: Bow or Gun?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I use mostly bows, because i dislike the sound from guns, wish different guns would have different sounds. So i'm going to say bow. There are some great looking guns though.

Quote Originally Posted by lexonio View Post
    How can I pull the string so fast that I shoot a powershot, and autoshot, and a serpent sting all at the same time?
    You should check out some videos on speed archery. Plenty of videos on YouTube of people who manage to shoot faster than you might think is possible, while hitting multiple moving targets. One video in particular comes to mind, showing a guy who puts three arrows into a target from 70 meters away in 1.5 seconds. So three shots fired in one GCD is definitely possible to do.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    I use mostly bows, because i dislike the sound from guns, wish different guns would have different sounds. So i'm going to say bow. There are some great looking guns though.

theres 2 addons for gun sounds one that makes guns sound like bows and one that makes a gun sound like a silenced pistol yes this addon still works and since it is client side does not violate any rules http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rfor4.3.2.html here is the guns to bow one http://www.wowinterface.com/download...dLikeBows.html

10+ Year Old Account
    CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK
    That's about my experience with guns.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Human bow animation is stupid looking so I use crossbows and guns. The sound doesn't bother me so it just depends on what I feel like using.

Deleted
    Goblin hunter without a gun is blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by furfmonkey View Post
    theres 2 addons for gun sounds one that makes guns sound like bows and one that makes a gun sound like a silenced pistol yes this addon still works and since it is client side does not violate any rules http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rfor4.3.2.html here is the guns to bow one http://www.wowinterface.com/download...dLikeBows.html
    nice tips,i 'll check them out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    nice tips,i 'll check them out
    Also,improved gun sounds! http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gunsniperaudiopack

10+ Year Old Account
    i like certain guns and its animation. but the sound it makes tends to make me swap to bows/crossbows occasionally.

I never got the gun silencer mods to work, for whatever reason, so I've been sticking to bows and crossbows lately. Which is a shame, because I have a The Diplomat I really wish I could use without rupturing my eardrums.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to use a gun on my goblin, but on my worgen I use bows.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    I never got the gun silencer mods to work, for whatever reason, so I've been sticking to bows and crossbows lately. Which is a shame, because I have a The Diplomat I really wish I could use without rupturing my eardrums.
    How are you installing them? Sound alteration mods don't go in the Interface folder like normal addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it matter of taste and race you play. For example dwarf hunter without gun is no way, same as night elf without bow. I,however play female orc and they got great animation with bow/gun and crossbow

10+ Year Old Account
    What I like to say to others:
    Be a man, get a gun!

Seriously, I like the sound of my gun in WoW. I get it that bows are quiet and some people prefer that.

And remember,
    Guns don't kill, crazy hunters with no regard for personal safety do.
    PM me weird stuff :3

My main is a Dwarf hunter and, although lorewise a gun it's the most suitable weapon for a Dwarf, I just hate the gun sounds and stick for a bow transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    How are you installing them? Sound alteration mods don't go in the Interface folder like normal addons.
    I know. I'm installing them as the mod tells me to (usually copying a "Sound" folder into WoW's Data folder), but nothing changes. I have a feeling the game keeps those sounds cached, and I don't want to mess with cache files without knowing exactly what I'm doing.
    Last edited by Holtzmann; 2013-09-30 at 12:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are only 2 classes where guns are appropriate...

Dwarf and Goblin.
    No other race other than gnomes, who don't have hunters, has a technical background. Guns are a mechanical/technical weapon. So there's the answer.

And for IRL reason. The guns are the most annoying thing in the game. Nothing worse than being in a raid group with a couple hunters who are using guns. That boom bang sound is horrendous, and distracting as well. They are right up there with the original super annoying stomping sound from the core hounds. Or the other tendency of some hunters, for having a pet as big and overgrown as possible. It helps greatly in the visual department, when the stupid pet covers the position of an entire stacked group.
    I remember during TBC how our guild raid actually enforced some rules on hunters for that exact matter.
    Get a damn normal pet, get a damn bow, unless you have to have the gun for being BiS, or sit on the sidelines.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I created my hunter because of the dwarf with the gun on the box of vanilla.
    Doing rotations by ear is also something that is much easier with a gun equipped than the poot poot of a bow or xbow.

Once again, for everyone complaining about gun sounds:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rfor4.3.2.html

This will replace all gun sounds you hear, not just your own. You don't need to even be a hunter to use it.

I know. I'm installing them as the mod tells me to (usually copying a "Sound" folder into WoW's Data folder), but nothing changes. I have a feeling the game keeps those sounds cached, and I don't want to mess with cache files without knowing exactly what I'm doing.
    It works fine for me. I'd guess you're either getting the file path wrong (should be "World of Warcraft/Data/Sound/Item/Weapons/Gun") or you're using a outdated version with the wrong type of sound fine (WoW uses .ogg).

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    It works fine for me. I'd guess you're either getting the file path wrong (should be "World of Warcraft/Data/Sound/Item/Weapons/Gun") or you're using a outdated version with the wrong type of sound fine (WoW uses .ogg).
    Well, that worked out. I'm fairly sure I was using a wrong file type for it, but I don't remember it anymore. Still, the silenced sound is pretty nice. Still very audible but not as ridiculously annoying. Thanks for the tip!