Worth coming back?

I think I quit midway in 5.3 which was almost half a year ago? Anything good happening in 5.4?

All you need to do is read the 5.4 patch changes.

Deleted
    Well i cant speak for everyone, but so far i really like 5.4, some nice changes to arena(IMO) with the fact that you dont need any arena team for arena, and there isnt any battlegroups, you que vs your entire region, and for raiding so far i really like Siege of Orgrimmar, guess it's up to you really. Neither me or anyone else can tell your if YOU are going to like it, but for what it's worth i really do like 5.4, but then again i liked 5.3 and didnt quit there and you did so.

Depends on why you quit.
    Timeless Isle is fun, however once you did everything once and you don't need the gear there isn't a whole lot to do there to progress.
    SoO is a decent raidtier so that might be enough on that front.
    The rest is minor.
    Dont think anything major changed in pvp but since i dont do that i cant judge that front.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ztreb185 View Post
    I think I quit midway in 5.3 which was almost half a year ago? Anything good happening in 5.4?
    What? Mid 5.3? that's like 1.5 month ago.

And yes, 5.4 is worth to check out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

15+ Year Old Account
    No. If you were still here, flex is pretty cool for us retired raiders. If you're not here, timeless isle is a grind (can't tell me it's not!) and the new raid is neat but nothing majorly new. Not worth coming back to unless you had more personal reasons.

R.I.P. YARG

Maybe use the one week free trial and decide yourself?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ztreb185 View Post

I've been enjoying this patch so far, Timeless Isle is fun and a quick way to catch up your gear, but it's definitely not for everybody (just join a group, it get's old pretty fast if you're solo), the raid is good, Flex is cool.

Also did you mean 5.2? that would have been closer to half a year ago since 5.4 just came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    The Island is now a desert with only few players around. So far, i stop playing WoW until there is something better to do in the game.
    Wow wish I was on your server! On mine the island's chat is more active than our trade chat atm, and someone will announce a rare just to announce it's dead seconds later, really kind of a pain.
    Last edited by Amsden; 2013-09-27 at 11:22 PM.

If you're going to just try LFR and Flex a bit, I'd wait a month more. LFR doesn't even fully unlock until Oct 22nd. Otherwise, yeah, most advice you're going to get is "do old content if you need something to do."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I've been gone since roughly a month into 5.2. I took up the 7 days free and went back and tried out the island and LFR. Meh. LFR wasn't bad at all, the new raid is pretty nice, but I spent most of my time going back to old content or AFKing in SW again. I'll look again at 5.5 and whenever the 6.0 pre-expansion patch rolls out. Of course a lot will depend on how Blizzcon is as well and the expac details. I'm an old school WC player...since WC1. I lost much of my passion when Arthas died and through the first part of the turd known as Cata. I really need to see them tie in to the lore many of us grew up with (well those of that aren't in our teens anyway) characters we had attachments too. When you knock out Kael, Vashj, Illidan, and Arthas in the first 2 expansions it makes it tough to connect anymore. Plus it is making it more difficult to stay immersed in WOW when you have other games using more immersive techniques like voice overs, non-linear questing, companion stories, and other RPG elements that most MMORPGs have.

My advice...figure out what you want to experience in a game and then decide. If features are lacking to where you are just going to burn yourself out again and start disliking what was a great game (and still is in many respect)...save your money until you have the drive to go back in.

If you like to grind ...

Nothing has changed and the concept of timeless isle is quite boring and not worth to go back after 3 or 4 days