Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Perhaps the slimdown restores the American people's faith in our government...

Since the vast majority of Americans are opposed to Obamacare and have been trying to get it repealed or defunded for years, perhaps the American people are glad that their representatives are finally listening to them. If you think about it, this could be a huge PR win for the GOP, as the American people clearly want the same Obamacare extension that companies got.

Do you believe this restores the American people's faith in our government?

15+ Year Old Account
    how i mean, alright i´m a foreigner, and we have some stupid politicians here as well, but how on earth could this be a PR win for the GOP?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    Since the vast majority of Americans are opposed to Obamacare
    I would absolutely love to see where the hell you got those numbers rofl. Let's see some statistics there before you spout off random nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    how i mean, alright i´m a foreigner, and we have some stupid politicians here as well, but how on earth could this be a PR win for the GOP?
    Only in the echo chamber, where this isn't a strategic defeat for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth...ing-obamacare/

For the record, that took me less than 15 seconds to find on Google.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...plan-1130.html

Also, from your link:
    Here are the numbers. 26 percent of the respondents identified as Republicans, compared to 42 percent Democrats and 31 percent independents. (This compares to a spread of 22 R / 31 D / 45 I in the most recent Gallup tracking poll.)

10+ Year Old Account
    oh right I forgot they were calling it a 'slimdown' over at the fox news republican propaganda presses

10+ Year Old Account
    this could be a huge PR win for the GOP
    And I could be the Queen of England.

Trust me, it's restored almost no faith for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it restored my belief that the GOP is filled with raving lunatics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Huge PR win for the GOP? Allow me to laugh.

Still not a vast majority.
    According to CNN (a liberal source, no less): 57% oppose, 38% support

That's a landslide.

10+ Year Old Account
    A PR win? If there was a meme that was allowed here, it would fit but since it doesn't I have this to say.

*Insert Yogg-Saron Laugh here*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not a vast majority. I mean really, 48% isn't even a majority.
    It's more than approve. But that aside, I have no faith in the 'average american' to make any sort of rational judgement on policy.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth...ing-obamacare/

For the record, that took me less than 15 seconds to find on Google.
    Wow that took the life out of the OP in a hurry.

Still not a vast majority.

Republicans generally aren't even people. They oppose everything that comes from a non-Republican on the basis that it came from a non-Republican. They're just some sort of political reactionary force at this point.

Also worth noting that the Obamacare that finally got passed is the torpedoed to fuck version the Republicans sabotaged, so...
    You think Republicans are extremists, yet you think you refuse to even recognize your opponents as people?

Slimdown....right. It's not a "slimdown" down dude. The government shut down vital services, like food inspection, over this nonsense. No it didn't restore my faith in government because any sane person shouldn't have faith in the idiots in the House right now. Stomping your feet and throwing a tantrum because you can't get your way and trying to shut down the government is not the way you run a country.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Wow that took the life out of the OP in a hurry.
    It took so much life out of the OP, that I disproved him in about 15 seconds.

You think Republicans are extremists, yet you think you refuse to even recognize your opponents as people?
    I thought people are capable of rational thought.

It's why Michelle Bachmann really isn't smarter than a turnip.

- - - Updated - - -

It took so much life out of the OP, that I disproved him in about 15 seconds.
    Yeah, except not.

Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    Slimdown....right. It's not a "slimdown" down dude. The government shut down vital services, like food inspection, over this nonsense. No it didn't restore my faith in government because any sane person shouldn't have faith in the idiots in the House right now. Stomping your feet and throwing a tantrum because you can't get your way and trying to shut down the government is not the way you run a country.
    If Obamacare is the law of the land and as thus, shouldn't be touched, then the same should be true of the First and Second Amendments.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Obamacare is the law of the land and as thus, shouldn't be touched, then the same should be true of the First and Second Amendments.
    Oh it should be touched. Just not in the ways that Republicans are trying to touch it...in all the wrong ways....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Yeah, it restored my belief that the GOP is filled with raving lunatics.
    ^^ Way to go! /smh