Quote Originally Posted by Macedonicus View Post
    I can show you well documented and clear evidence of bias from any polling site that has been posted here as well. What does that say? I don't think I claimed Rasmussen to be any less biased, I just said I wanted to see some unbiased polling on the subject if you reread what I said earlier.
    You just said yourself that it isn't possible. So you want to see the impossible. You're setting yourself up for failure and disappointment. Don't do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    You just said yourself that it isn't possible. So you want to see the impossible. You're setting yourself up for failure and disappointment. Don't do that.
    No, I'm pretty sure I was asking someone to back up their all knowing claims that polls clearly support that the Republican party will be heavily damaged by a government shutdown... with an unbiased source. I would like to see the impossible. That'd be nice. At least then there will be irrefutable proof, but I suppose we'll have to wait for an election for that.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    It did have a single payer option. This was removed on the demands of the GOP.
    The so-called "public option" was removed at the behest of Democratic Senators who were in hock to hospital lobbyists. The Democrats made many concessions to Republicans (and got nothing in return) but the public insurance program wasn't one of them. This is the same reason why the Medicare "buy-in" was scrapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I think Medicare for all is a conservative nightmare.
    That's probably another reason that conservatives are terrified of the ACA; they know that once it's successful, people will want something more/better, and that will finally lead to the United States catching up to the rest of the civilized world and enacting a government run healthcare plan.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

No, I'm pretty sure I was asking someone to back up their all knowing claims that polls clearly support that the Republican party will be heavily damaged by a government shutdown... with an unbiased source. I would like to see the impossible. That'd be nice. At least then there will be irrefutable proof, but I suppose we'll have to wait for an election for that.
    We've already gone through two presidential elections about Obamacare. The second was after the legislation was passed. Why do you think there needs to be a third?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

We just had an election on this issue, Republicans lost. It was last year, remember?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it really so hard to believe that they'd take more of the blame for this? I know it's nearly impossible to be objective, but if you take recent election results with the continuing slide of GOP support in the independent/moderate voters, is it really so hard to think that people will see this as just more example of the GOP's extremism, and therefore be the party of blame?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    That's probably another reason that conservatives are terrified of the ACA; they know that once it's successful, people will want something more/better, and that will finally lead to the United States catching up to the rest of the civilized world and enacting a government run healthcare plan.
    Which would be fantastic for the people but ruin the insurance companies and all the money politicians pocket from them. Money > People.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    Money > People.
    It seems like nearly every major issue these days ends up boiling down to campaign finance reform as the answer.
    Which will never happen as it will require politicians to vote against their own self interest....which...good luck there.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    The so-called "public option" was removed at the behest of Democratic Senators who were in hock to hospital lobbyists. The Democrats made many concessions to Republicans (and got nothing in return) but the public insurance program wasn't one of them. This is the same reason why the Medicare "buy-in" was scrapped.
    No, it didn't make it out of the Senate Finance Committee because of backroom deals and counting up votes. I'd like you to show me the proof that the Democrats removed the Single Payer option just because.
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then, as earlier evidenced, you don't understand the current state of healthcare in this country.
    Even when stated from a source you refuse to take it on its face. I would love nothing more than to copy/paste the memo she received, but she would get fired if I did so. One does not have to look far to find the problems that this is going to have on a system that is already screwed. Thing is she is very lucky the she is not getting her hours cut, not loosing her job over this. The Hospital has not been replacing the employees that leave or retire, since it is a teaching hospital they are also cutting back on student enrollment into many of doctor specialties. They are trying very hard to soften the blow to the existing personal working there.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    well kids the government is officially shut down now.. and despite the stars being dimmer and all of the streets have vanished.. you can pretty much expect no noticeable difference in your daily life.. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...own-will-work/
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    well kids the government is officially shut down now.. and despite the stars being dimmer and all of the streets have vanished.. you can pretty much expect no noticeable difference in your daily life.. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...own-will-work/
    See, the thing is that, while the consequences of a shutdown aren't as obvious as, say, a terrorist attack or an oil spill, or dire to individual citizens, they do exist, and they will manifest, and depending on how long the shutdown lasts, it will hurt the economy fairly significantly. And that's not getting into the possibility of the Tea Partiers in the House taking the debt ceiling hostage and forcing a default in two and a half weeks.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    So i've heard on the news that the obama care crap that they're trying to do costs like 700 per month for a family of 4
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    See, the thing is that, while the consequences of a shutdown aren't as obvious as, say, a terrorist attack or an oil spill, or dire to individual citizens, they do exist, and they will manifest, and depending on how long the shutdown lasts, it will hurt the economy fairly significantly. And that's not getting into the possibility of the Tea Partiers in the House taking the debt ceiling hostage and forcing a default in two and a half weeks.
    Hmm...wonder if my fiancee is going to lose her insurance because of this. She has insurance through www.pciplan.com if they fail to process her check payment through the mail this could be a major problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    So i've heard on the news that the obama care crap that they're trying to do costs like 700 per month for a family of 4
    There are subsides depending on income I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    Even when stated from a source you refuse to take it on its face. I would love nothing more than to copy/paste the memo she received, but she would get fired if I did so. One does not have to look far to find the problems that this is going to have on a system that is already screwed. Thing is she is very lucky the she is not getting her hours cut, not loosing her job over this. The Hospital has not been replacing the employees that leave or retire, since it is a teaching hospital they are also cutting back on student enrollment into many of doctor specialties. They are trying very hard to soften the blow to the existing personal working there.

You aren't a source. The "free market" is doing what it does. The flaw you are ignoring is employers deciding health coverage. Yet, you have no problem railing about government.

So once again, sigh.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone said "the polls show". You then demanded to see unbiased polls, why later declaring you can show all polls are biased. You're qualifying something, and demanding someone show it to you with the qualification caveat, then at the same time, declaring what you are demanding doesn't exist. You're manufacturing an argument and not understanding why its flawed.

Do go on...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    My co-worker pays 800/mo for private insurance for a family of 4.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    Unless of course you happen to work for the government. Fuck those people though, right? They don't deserve to work, or get paid, because you don't agree with what they do.

Freeedddommmmm!!!!

Unless of course you happen to work for the government. Fuck those people though, right? They don't deserve to work, or get paid, because you don't agree with what they do.

Freeedddommmmm!!!!
    Or government contractors. Or wanted to visit a national park or museum. Or run a business in DC, which apparently looses over 200million a day from this shutdown. Awesomesauce.

Every week is going to drop .3% growth off of the economy? Awesome!
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    My co-worker pays 800/mo for private insurance for a family of 4.
    so what this amounts to.. is that Obamacare costs an awful lot for very little return

- - - Updated - - -

Freeedddommmmm!!!!
    you understand that they will get back pay? all this amounts to is a 2 week paid vacation
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432