Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    What happened was they removed any emotional hook from the game and replaced it with monotonous expectation.

Remember when you used to feel excited? Or scared? Or frustrated? Remember the thrill of getting the drop, killing that rare, downing that boss, getting that unique ability? Blizzard has a nice, neat, "sensible" approach to WoW now, but the game no longer generates any emotional response that generates loyalty and true fans. In their quest to make things simple, accessible, streamlined, and all the all Blizzard buzzwords, all the really did was rip the heart out of the game and replace it with empty repetition.
    No truer words were ever spoke about WOW and the changes, direction etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    You tried so hard to make this some kind of Journalism-worthy report with a message and knowledge of the issue, but just failed on whatever message you were trying to get off. Age of MMO's over? Please.
    This is really the only way I could read this as well.

And also I don't agree. The post is trying to sound all interesting, but honestly I don't see even 1 piece of evidence in his whole post.
    Nah, I can't really take this serious.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    The thing is... WoW is a great MMO, it was so great, that these things became an obvious marketing campaign, in many ways we owe WoW a lot including and not limited to:
    - Making the PC a globally known console to consider cool to use.
    - Publishing PC gaming as a marketing brand.
    - Adding significant development interest in PC gaming and more namely online gaming.
    Wat? seriously? People needed WoW to validate the idea that pc gaming was cool and not.. say... counterstrike?

Did the Age of MMO's ever begin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    OP's entire post is based on utterly ludicrous points "most of us were bullied or have underlying issues", yeah nah, that's just projecting so he doesn't feel like he's alone.
    He's right about escapism, wrong about the causes.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

- Making the PC a globally known console to consider cool to use.
    - Publishing PC gaming as a marketing brand.
    - Adding significant development interest in PC gaming and more namely online gaming.
    yep, all this did WoW.

ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Wat? seriously? People needed WoW to validate the idea that pc gaming was cool and not.. say... counterstrike?
    For folks previously unassociated with pc gaming? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    For folks previously unassociated with pc gaming? Absolutely.
    Sounds like people the genre may have been better off without. So many better examples of online and/or PC gaming out there.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Or more logically, different mmos will cater to different people without marginalizing anyone. Oh wait that's crazy talk. We all know the best way to make a profit is to arbitrarily and purposely reduce the number of people who use your product. Oh wait...
    Notice I said 'at the very worst', I'm not saying anyone would deliberately try to get less customers. If it did become a niche market they would obviously cater to that niche however.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    Rofl. FFXIV is a grindfest due to it being such a new game. The fuck do you think WoW was when it began? When SWTOR began? When Rift began? Have you even played FFXIV? It's been out for a month and idiots like you are complaining because of the grind that it takes to get to a higher item level.

And you're implying that WoW currently isn't a grindfest? LFR, LFR, LFR, LFR, did I trip on my LFR? Then you run Normal and Flex and if you're a "leet gaymer" you'll run Heroics rather than normals.

Get outta heya.
    Lol u 'sperging.

GW2 wasn't a grindfest when it came out, and it really isn't. You could at least quest or do other things in Wow while waiting for dungeons whereas you slowly start to fuck yourself over in ff14 (can't do any quests if you're stuck on a story quest, you'll be very limited to crafting stuff, etc). Every MMO has a grind, but you're stupid to tell me FF14's no worse/better than every other game.

Somebody got butt hurt that I riffed on their weeabo game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    GW2 wasn't a grindfest when it came out, and it really isn't. You could at least quest or do other things in Wow while waiting for dungeons whereas you slowly start to fuck yourself over in ff14 (can't do any quests if you're stuck on a story quest, you'll be very limited to crafting stuff, etc). Every MMO has a grind, but you're stupid to tell me FF14's no worse/better than every other game.
    It seems that Korean VG editors are unable to make a non-grindy game. Which is a bit sad for the US/EU market, I suppose.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-