Need a Little Help

Hey guys,

I'm looking to build a new PC to mainly play WOW, problem is I'm not the most computer-savvy person. I've did some research and read quite a few posts, but there's so many options I really don't know what would be best for me. Any suggestions on where to start, or what would be a good build? I don't necessarily have to have Ultra-high settings and all that, just a rig that's going to give me a nice, fluid playing experience with a good FPS. My budget caps at $800. Thanks guys!

If your mainly going to play WoW, your looking at a Intel-based build as Intel gives the best WoW performance.

Also, check the sticky to give us some more information to go off of when making you a build.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($95.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master RC-912-KKN4 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $802.48
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-28 01:40 EDT-0400)

There..But if you could add 50-60$ you could get:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master RC-912-KKN4 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.00 @ Newegg)
    Total: $869.93
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-28 01:41 EDT-0400)

With the second build you can get a cooler in the near future when you have money and overclock it easily, it will be a bigger gain..If you dont wanna bother with that stuff at all, the first build is fine.

Now if you already have some hard drives, you could scrap the WD Black and put the old ones and put a nice 120GB SSD for Windows + WoW+ a few other games, you didnt give much info on what you already might have.

Also you should wait about 20 days, new graphic cards from AMD will be out then, might save a few bucks if 760 price drops, and the R9 280X is gonna cost around 299$ and the R9 270X around 199$ if the prices go through..

The 270X is a bit faster than the 760, but if you cant wait 20 days then the first build would be fine for you, otherwise, wait, and save some bucks with a 270X.
    Last edited by potis; 2013-09-28 at 06:33 AM.

Thanks for the responses! So would that unit be a better fit for me than say, the alienware X51?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe View Post
    Thanks for the responses! So would that unit be a better fit for me than say, the alienware X51?
    Infinitely better as Alienware does not offer as much customization options that give you access to the higher-quality parts that are available, not to mention their prices are usually a bit high once you start customizing. If you were to go with a prebuilt, buying from a place like XoticPC or Cyberpower or Ibuypower would probably be a better choice than Alienware as they give more options to choose from and generally have sales/discounts on parts quite often.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.