View Poll Results: Will you continue subscription?

Voters
445. This poll is closed
  • Yes

217 48.76%
  • No

228 51.24%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wilhelm, that'd also be my guess. Barring people like me, I'm guessing most of the "no"s are the kind of people who play WoW patch to patch for a month at a time, as well, and are waiting for Good King Moggle Mog and his Nightmare Before Christmas tribute-song to come to us.

Oh and housing and PvP and super hardmodes but whatever, GOOD KING MOGGLE MOG
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Wilhelm, that'd also be my guess. Barring people like me, I'm guessing most of the "no"s are the kind of people who play WoW patch to patch for a month at a time, as well, and are waiting for Good King Moggle Mog and his Nightmare Before Christmas tribute-song to come to us.

PVP and Housing and Good King Moggle Mog are coming next patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that what I said? xD
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

depends if i can tolerate this.....L A G........bah
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely, just hit 50 and there's still so much content I haven't had a chance to take a whack at yet.
    Not to mention I'm pretty psyched at player housing being introduced relatively soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Well you also have to look at the core audience for this site, considering it's a poll without names there are a handful that could just be trolls coming to say they never touched the game and therefore won't sub. Beyond that quite a few people may just want to see what 5.4 is like since most probably played WoW before this and don't want to keep this going too when 2.1 is alteast another month off.
    I don't think people come to this forum unless they play it or really interested in buying/playing it. But 1 month has passes and if someone wanted to buy it he would have bought it ages ago or (1-2? weeks when they enabled buying via their site).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post

Well housing is "technically" coming even though it will only be fc at the start, actually started a forum post on lodestone about it(when the tgs translation came out) just to be hit with "oh it's always been that way".....except when they've been making it sound since launch that housing as a whole was done and just needing some refinement before 2.1. Outside of that though everything else will be there and god help them if that song isn't.

I haven't leveled anywhere near as quick as most of you (level 32 on my main, a monk), but I think for now I will sub for a month or 2. After that just depends on weather i'm enjoying the game and weather or not I feel there's enough to do for me to wanna log in.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

1. Unbearable lag. I can bear skill lag, but can never adjust myself for positioning lag.
    2. non existent end game activities (seriously only 2 viable option for philosophy grind?).

not gonna subbing once the current free month ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    Yes. However seeing these poll results are scaring me a little bit..
    This is a World of Warcraft forum. There is and will always be a mild bias against any non-blizzard games here. If you took this poll on the FFXIV forums, for example, you would see results which strongly favored the game.

To top that off, FFXIV is a very traditional mmo, aimed at older players who want something that feels like the games they played as kids, but with newer technology. It was never meant to appeal to the masses.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, what is all this lag everyone keeps talking about? This is one of the few games where I can honestly say I've never had any lag whatsoever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    By the way, what is all this lag everyone keeps talking about? This is one of the few games where I can honestly say I've never had any lag whatsoever...
    Some of it is people playing on JP servers because they were unable to make characters on the servers they wanted to shortly after re-release due to the whacked out server congestion.

I've found the game to be "meh" overall so 90% chance I will cancel it.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

10+ Year Old Account
    The game has a lot wrong with it, but despite that I'm still having an immense amount of fun, so I will continue. I have high hopes for content patches.

These forums tend to be so overwhelmingly negative, I'm honestly not shocked at all that almost 50% of people aren't going to continue their subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost funny that some of the posters in this thread (Not Naming Names) have posts in other threads about how awesome other MMOs are and how they are incredibly pleased with the direction those games are going. It's no wonder they are the same people bashing this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally won't, at least untill December. After that I'll think about it.

I enjoy the game pretty much but I have a major exam in mid November so I can't afford to play untill then.
    Arukas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    It's almost funny that some of the posters in this thread (Not Naming Names) have posts in other threads about how awesome other MMOs are and how they are incredibly pleased with the direction those games are going. It's no wonder they are the same people bashing this game.
    Usually what seems to happen is that a lot of people have been playing games that have been established for a year/s and don't remember what it's like for a game to be new. They expect it to come fully furnished with all the bells and whistles, when it never is. These are the people who just need to start games when they're a year or later in, not a week new or a month new.

People say they have the capability and the time to put it in with all the bells and whistles, but even like a real world thing, when someone does some kind of community building for a city or area, it comes with the basics that the community needs and as that community stays and they see what they need/the people want, they add those things to the community building afterwards, but in most cases something like that doesn't just START with everything.

No we won't, 15 RL friends.

Did relic quest. Upgraded to +1. Pugged Coil's first turn and I didn't like the lagfest.

There's nothing to do, besides Coil which is hard to do with this much latency.

PS playing from a 100mbit up and down line.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-09-29 at 04:48 PM.

yes and so will my friends. we're enjoying it and we'll probobably be subbing for a few months after 2.1 is out until we run out of stuff and resub when the next patch is out. awesome game with some issues but I"m sure they'll fix some of the obvious ones. never had this glaring lag that other people mentioned (hell my friend has a 1.5mbps line and he's fine..)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    No we won't, 15 RL friends.

Did relic quest. Upgraded to +1. Pugged Coil's first turn and I didn't like the lagfest.

There's nothing to do, besides Coil which is hard to do with this much latency.

PS playing from a 100mbit up and down line.
    The lag is there alright. I tried doing Dzemael Darkhold. Second and last boss actually killed me, even though i was clearly out of the red markers. The server said otherwise though. And we failed because the timer expired. Why is there even a timer to complete dungeons ? <.<