[Guardian] A few quick questions!

Hi guys,

As a long lived tank in the World of Warcraft, I have not played a tank in MoP but have recently geared my Guardian druid, although it's generally going great, there are a few questions I have to ask a few of the better guardian druids.

1) How do I AoE effectively?

For example, I tanked Horridon, and the door phases were horrid, I could not get aggro on all the mobs everywhere and this made it very difficult to gain aggro as (from what I can tell), we only have swipe (3 sec CD) and and thrash (6 sec) and even growl is a long CD, so any help on this?

2) How worth it is using rage for frenzied regen?

I am at a VERY low crit point atm, only around 35% and I dont have fantastic rage generation, when is it worth it to FR?

3) Am I doing anything wrong in terms of gems/reforge?

This is mainly because I read a lot of guides but there comes a point where I just think. Am I doing it right? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Barry/simple

That's all my questions!

But thanks for reading and helping me!

Daniel

what door on horridon? the 3rd one besides the frost kings has no aggro table

if you need to heal more then extra dodge i personally dont see why not.

gear cant really say much on as i dont play a druid as much as i should these days, think you could go with stam meta at low gear though.

Savage Defense is Dodge and Frenzied Regen is a heal. Use whichever mitigation is best in the situation you are in.

Deleted
    Since ur gear isnt so high, Go for the 7.5% expertise cap, so u have more to reforge to crit, when u reach the 510/515 item lvl go for 15% expertise.
    Start enchanting ur gear to, it can help loads!
    For rest horridon u can just use swipe+trash, Use fearie fire to get threat on a target far away, and use Incarnation if u need threat on alot of mobs, cuze u can apply trash and just spam some swipes.
    i think Druids are one of the easyst tanks for adds on horridon, since our aoe is so good.
    And try to get some Nice trinkets stamina and dodge trinkets are reallyy meh for a Druid for most of the fights.
    As for talents, i really recommend Hearth of the wild instead of dream of cenarius, u get 6% more agility+stamina And a o shit cooldown, U can reju in bear form on yourself with that, or trow out a sweeeet tranq for the raid.
    Last edited by mmoc258127d766; 2013-09-28 at 01:53 PM.

Incarnation when you need to spam AoE. Other than you have to alternate between Thrash and Swipe. You will have to space them out so one is always available.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshiren View Post
    Hi guys,

As a long lived tank in the World of Warcraft, I have not played a tank in MoP but have recently geared my Guardian druid, although it's generally going great, there are a few questions I have to ask a few of the better guardian druids.

1) How do I AoE effectively?

For example, I tanked Horridon, and the door phases were horrid, I could not get aggro on all the mobs everywhere and this made it very difficult to gain aggro as (from what I can tell), we only have swipe (3 sec CD) and and thrash (6 sec) and even growl is a long CD, so any help on this?

2) How worth it is using rage for frenzied regen?

I am at a VERY low crit point atm, only around 35% and I dont have fantastic rage generation, when is it worth it to FR?

3) Am I doing anything wrong in terms of gems/reforge?

This is mainly because I read a lot of guides but there comes a point where I just think. Am I doing it right? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Barry/simple

That's all my questions!

But thanks for reading and helping me!

Daniel
    1. Assuming adds are on top of you Mangle current target > Thrash (to maintain bleed) > Swipe. If you mean getting adds then keep in mind Door 3's small adds can not be tanked as they fixate on random targets. For the other doors there's Faerie Fire, Growl, Mangle a target in range, Lacerate another, Thrash if 2-3 min, Swipe as a last resort.

2. If you're taking physical damage that can be dodge you're better off using Savage Defense unless you dip to 10% or so and need an emergency heal. If the damage can't be dodged then FR wins out.

3. Don't gem pure Crit if you're below 10% Expertise. Expertise+Crit is far better for your red and yellow sockets given that you're struggling with even 7.5%. Also, never reforge out of Expertise unless you're above 15%. I'd also swap out 1 of your Crit+Stam gems for a Crit+Hit gem so you can reforge out of Hit on your Bracers rather than Expertise. After that I'd change the chest reforge to Mastery -> Expertise. Can't do much else without severely weakening your Crit rating; could use Expertise Food+Elixir and Crit Elixir rather than Agility/Stamina Flask.