Poll: Pure PVE server yes or no

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Yeah, I would transfer to such a server immediately, but it will be much better, if my current PVE server just became pure PVE.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    People choose PvE to not have to worry about PvP in general. The fact that you have to "be careful" around flagged players is kind of daft, since we should not have to worry about PvP, being on a PvE server (at least that's why I changed after playing the first 2+ years on PvP).

You can't "flag" PvE on a PvP realm, why can you do the opposite? Just make perma-flagging PvE possible and much of the whining about this will disappear. Also I wouldn't mind if they removed That One Requirement from the childrens week achi. Only one I'm missing towards long strange trip, because, you know, pvp.
    This argument doesn't make sense at all.

But technically you can. You can be unflagged for PVP while in sanctuary. It actually makes sense that way.

Its also sad you refuse to do an easy achievement out of pure stubborn attitude. You could easily complete the few easy pvp cheeves, if you wanted to do so that is.

You also don't have to "be careful," just avoid tab targetting all day and you won't flag... also don't accidentally tyoe /pvp LOL

Deleted
    i like the idea of pure pve server balancing the classes only for pve contents out of the pvp diseace...and i like the idea of mixing allys+horde i have some friends which they are allys and we cant do nothing together !!!

For all those saying pure PVE server bad.

Why do something like the for such a small minority.

Last I checked it is about 64% that want it and that number would probably be higher if I had excluded the cross faction thing.

Personally I think way to many bullies exist on PVE realms. Flagging up and tricking other people into getting flagged so you can kill them is just a plain douche bag thing to do. It is common place on my server.

How bout this then if you want to pvp move to a pvp server. Oh wait it is because the bullies like trolling and griefing.

Pure PvE server? Sure why not.

I do not agree grouping up with opposite faction though.

Grouping with the opposite faction is a no for me, just too weird and kinda lame.

However i am all up for 100% PvE server - pvp should happen only when both sides agree to it (like in BGs).

Deleted
    If it would mean that there would be no more crying on the forums etc that someone was killed in world pvp, then yes, im all for it

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    For all those saying pure PVE server bad.

Why do something like the for such a small minority.

Last I checked it is about 64% that want it and that number would probably be higher if I had excluded the cross faction thing.

Personally I think way to many bullies exist on PVE realms. Flagging up and tricking other people into getting flagged so you can kill them is just a plain douche bag thing to do. It is common place on my server.

How bout this then if you want to pvp move to a pvp server. Oh wait it is because the bullies like trolling and griefing.
    How are you tricked multiple times that way?

The poll is from a MMO-C perspective anyway, and only a few hundred have voted.

Also think of the repercussions. This game ALREADY has too many servers. This game ALREADY has many dead servers. This would only split the population even more and destroy this game even further.

Why don't you try learning, that way you won't get "tricked" anymore into flagging yourself.

Not to mention its not bullying.

10+ Year Old Account

You would also be able to group with people from the opposing faction and/or you could choose what faction you wanted to be regardless of race.

This is what I would strongly dislike, I don't want to see any ugly Undead/Orcs/female Taurens/Goblins in my beautiful alliance cities.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2013-09-29 at 03:13 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    People choose PvE to not have to worry about PvP in general. The fact that you have to "be careful" around flagged players is kind of daft, since we should not have to worry about PvP, being on a PvE server (at least that's why I changed after playing the first 2+ years on PvP).

You can't "flag" PvE on a PvP realm, why can you do the opposite? Just make perma-flagging PvE possible and much of the whining about this will disappear. Also I wouldn't mind if they removed That One Requirement from the childrens week achi. Only one I'm missing towards long strange trip, because, you know, pvp.
    Pretty much this but greifing and being a asshat is a huge part of the game for some people.

I think that is why you see some 30 percent against the idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    How are you tricked multiple times that way?

The poll is from a MMO-C perspective anyway, and only a few hundred have voted.

Also think of the repercussions. This game ALREADY has too many servers. This game ALREADY has many dead servers. This would only split the population even more and destroy this game even further.

Why don't you try learning, that way you won't get "tricked" anymore into flagging yourself.

Not to mention its not bullying.

Like to know what you call it then, at the very least it is being a dick head.

Listen if you want to pvp great go to a pvp server leave us RP/PVE types alone. Oh wait if you move a a pvp server you will get owned and can't pick on those of us that want nothing to do with pvp.

If you have read this thread at all you know how the dick head pvp types will try to get you flagged AoE heals on world bosses is a big one.

Deleted
    Getting flaged for pvp while camping a mob is probably the only time you have to think in this game outside of instanced content, but w/e. Cross-faction for me is a big no-no.

2 bgs for a "legendary"? Oh noez, bring the pitchforks!

Like to know what you call it then, at the very least it is being a dick head.

Listen if you want to pvp great go to a pvp server leave us RP/PVE types alone. Oh wait if you move a a pvp server you will get owned and can't pick on those of us that want nothing to do with pvp.

If you have read this thread at all you know how the dick head pvp types will try to get you flagged AoE heals on world bosses is a big one.
    I would certainly agree that people who try to trick you are jerks, but its not bullying. Being slightly annoyed doesn't mean you were abused or bullied.

I'm on a PVP server and have been since 2005. I do not get owned.

This is a bad idea regardless of having a few jerks here and there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Getting flaged for pvp while camping a mob is probably the only time you have to think in this game outside of instanced content, but w/e. Cross-faction for me is a big no-no.

2 bgs for a "legendary"? Oh noez, bring the pitchforks!
    Lmao agreed. I doubt these sort of things actually happen THAT often. How many times you can actually get tricked into flagging yourself and then pretend its Blizzards or anyone elses fault..