Deleted

Thok The bloodfirsty ph1

So i am looking for some serious and confirmed information about how ph1 in Thok the Bloodthirsty encounter works both in normal/heroic.

I read this hotfix, <Thok the Bloodthirsty's rate of energy regeneration should now increase properly after each use of Deafening Screech on Flexible, Normal, and Heroic difficulty.> but i am still abit confused.

Always speaking about Phase 1only!

Specifically about normal: Does the duration between screeches progressively gets shorter and shorter or it reaches a specific duration and keeps doing that? I've heard a 2.4 second "free" duration.
    Also does the 30th screech cause death mechanism damage done, or is that in heroic mode only?

Thanks for the feedback

30th screech kills you on normal as well. Guess it's to prevent stacking paladins and going to 40 or 50 stacks. IIRC on method's vid they used only half of the cds or so when 30th hit. Guess blizzard knew that would happen XD

Your 2.4 number may be right, can't tell you the exact number but after reaching ~12 the increase is not noticeable

Deleted
    How are 65 Stacks possible if 30th Screech kills you?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...f-Acceleration!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    How are 65 Stacks possible if 30th Screech kills you?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...f-Acceleration!
    That was before the hotfix was implemented.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    30th screech kills you on normal as well. Guess it's to prevent stacking paladins and going to 40 or 50 stacks. IIRC on method's vid they used only half of the cds or so when 30th hit. Guess blizzard knew that would happen XD

Your 2.4 number may be right, can't tell you the exact number but after reaching ~12 the increase is not noticeable
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    That was before the hotfix was implemented.
    No it wasn't, you can clearly see the screeches getting faster in that vid, and that is what the hotfix linked above details.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

We hit 31 on normal this week, so 30 stack deaths don't happen on normal.

We hit 99 or 100 last night on normal, doesn't kill you. Lots of fun!

on normal above 30 stacks doesnt hit any harder, it just caps the damage at 30 it seems. (on heroic 30 stacks is a 1 shot mechanic)
    the accel speed and regen rate increases until about the 10th stack and then its pretty much capped also. you can fit a 1.5s cast in between screeches for anything more than 10. (same applies for heroic)

after some progression on heroic thok this past thursday we switched it to normal for the sake of halloween and clearing out to end the night early. here is phase 1 only until 67 stacks, when it died. (4 days ago, post hotfix)... and yes we stayed 3 healing it because our shadow priests was completely regemmed/reforged for healing heroic.

http://www.twitch.tv/buffmageslol/c/3179985