Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For me as long as I can skip it, don't care whether LFR exists or not.

If it becomes too mandatory then I will be whining

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the blind defense of LFR. So far I have had a quicker experience in the 3 Flex pugs I have done than most of my times in any MoP LFR. Sure that is just my personal experience, but I think it is a pretty common experience from what I can gather.

I think the simple reasoning here is, raiding - organization / communication = bad time. I don't see how people can disagree with that core argument.

That said I think LFR is a fine thing to have but should be a little less time consuming given they give lesser rewards. Hopefully Blizzard will rethink it a little bit, but I don't think it should be removed completely, I think a lot of people want it to stay in game, and removing it would not benefit the game in any way, just give it a little more thought imo.

yep. i saw some tanks has lower hp than my resto shaman in lfr. i dont know

Quote Originally Posted by Lolvanish View Post
    There's a difference between suggesting a intelligent, good solution to a problem, and suggesting a shitty knee jerk reaction solution because of a bad time in a LFR group.
    Please do both SoO LFRs and come back to me on how your experience was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    Please do both SoO LFRs and come back to me on how your experience was.
    I've had both good and terrible experiences in SoO LFR, and it's only been 2 weeks.

Worst problem is the tank shortage. Seriously people, roll more fucking tanks.

Sigh, I need to hurry up and swap mains to my blood DK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Nope - you get 25 elite random raiders in a group without VENT - guarantee they will suck, they will all want to be in charge - they will argue over which of them is using the correct strategy etc...

You should look up Demming's theories on management - 85% of problems are systemic, only 15% relate to the people. I'd bet you that you have an 85% chance of picking someone who would fit in fine (gear aside).
    You understand how this works a little better than the average poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've had both good and terrible experiences in SoO LFR, and it's only been 2 weeks.

Worst problem is the tank shortage. Seriously people, roll more fucking tanks.

Sigh, I need to hurry up and swap mains to my blood DK.
    Kind of funny given how the healer shortage was the problem before and having tanks QQing about having long queues. Probably with the new content and ability for players to select which role they get loot for means that tanks can instead take it easy and roll DPS. In the end the real problem is that the DPS role gets treated as the role that players get to toss aside personal responsibility while others still have to pull their own weight.

Deleted
    yet another lfr QQ thread....

if people don't like lfr and are tired of those noobs why not just leave it? for DDs and their waiting times you can easily setup a good flex group and easily clear 1 wing in far less time that creeping around in lfr. there are even many people looking for members to their flex raid. finding a good flex group takes much shorter that waiting for a crappy lfr group and people wipe around in lfr like hell, so where is the point of lfr anymore? it really is only for those absolute casuals. and let them have it, why not.

if you are so pro that you start arguing about how noobish they are then why not got an uncomplicated flex or maybe a normal 10 man random raid with a good group?

i am glad to be able to skip lfr now if a want a bit of fun without steady raidtimes and stuff.... lfr just sucks but as long as you don't have to run it, why bother about it. let the people queue up and play and stay away from it if you don't like it?

do people pvp when they don't like pvp? no, same should be for lfr....
    Last edited by mmocbbc501bdfd; 2013-09-30 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    Sorry, couldn't pass to comment on that. In what world is 60k dps with 510+ ilvl even remotely acceptable? If someone can't spend 30 minutes to learn how to play his class he HAS NOT MOTIVATION to see the content. Why should other people have enough motivation to actually carry him?
    The question should be why hasn't the game taught players how to play their class in all the time it takes to level? Having to spend 30 minutes reading third party web sites and forums in order to play your class beyond the very basic level is a failure of the game and not something that should be expected of players. It is quite a common complaint from the raiding community that they should not have to carry players yet they are quite happy to enjoy the content that these players have paid for.

Went into LFR on saturday for the newest wing. 1st raid on my healer we got to the shaman after MANY wipes on the previous bosses (new tanks and new raid members failed a lot)

I quit it after our 30th wipe over all as I ran out of time and had to go out. (set aside 4hours and id gone over by 30mins!) Came back on sunday the group I got had someone explain tactics for the whole raid and we one shot every boss bar nazgrim who was 2 shot. That was on my shaman. Going on the DK tonight

Moral of the story? Just get on with it if less people quit out of raids (yeh I know I had to quit but I was there as long as I could be) we'd be better off. Enjoying the slightly more difficult feel this LFR has at the moment. Its no where near normal or heroic levels but at least it gives me something to look forward to doing rather than the face rolls i got used to after tot was out geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Settle down bro. Think long term. If LFR is removed a bunch of idiots will start trolling and whining about accessibility, i pay for the game, etc etc. Then GC will nerf everything to the ground and we'll end up with flex=lfr, normal = flex, heroic is removed or something.

relax and dont' do lfr, do flex. or join lfr with a bunch of guildies.

but whining about it isn't going to fix things it'll only harm things in the long run.
    This is not even remotely close to being accurate. The "idiots" did not troll or whine about accessibility the majority of them just left, when the game was no longer enjoyable or accessible enough for them they took their money elsewhere - no threats, no whines.

LFR is Blizzard's answer to players leaving not giving into demands of "idiots." The majority of players have no interest in raiding and never have, do you think that if they were demanding accessibility it would be in the form of watered down content they have no interest in? Not only do they have little interest in this content it brings them in contact with raiders who look down on them.

As it stands only between five and ten percent of players raid to level of completing normal difficulty and far less progress through heroic despite the main focus of the game being raids. So perhaps the next time you feel the need to come to the forums to talk about the idiots it should be to thank them for subsidising the content you enjoy.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-09-30 at 09:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    no one forces anyone to do content they don't like.

I raid normal 10 man. I absolutely HATE lfr, I can't stand it. I only do flex MAYBE with my guild (not "random" flex), but if my GL tries to force me to flex, then he has to search for a new tank. I only went LFR lately (but even there, only shamans and nazgrim (I was that lucky, because we have downed galakras and juggernaut with our guild in 10 man already)), because I needed some runestones for my cloak quest. shamans were not that bad. of course people died because of standing in shit, but we killed them. nazgrim of course we wiped, but then I saw, LFR needs also a proper raid leader. yelling out the priorities to kill. yelling out damage stops (very important on nazgrim). wiped 3 times I guess, some people left every wipe, but never more than 2-3. killed him in 4th try. but then again, the only motivation was the runestone, and sice I have that now, I never will go see LFR again. not even for my shiny heirlooms. not a horde of a billion players could make me go set one foot in LFR again.

of course, if no one knows the fight at all, LFR is bad, because people don't give a crap. but blizz's intention is that people at least briefly read the dungeon journal to know at least the rough stuff of what the fuck is going on each fight. when people dont do it, it's their fricking fault. it's raiding after all, it gives 528 gear. if people want cheap gear with 3k dps and standing in shit and being dead 75% of the time, they have to go faceroll 5 mans. but then they don't get 528 loot.
    blizzard stated some time ago, that they don't want LFR to be absolute faceroll with zero attention needed. it never was their purpose for LFR and it never will be... and it is not their problem, if you have the luck to get a group where nobody gives a shit.

TL;DR:
    LFR is NOT faceroll-AFK-stand-in-shit-give-zero-fucks-and-get-loot. LFR is raiding with a lot less dps/hps requirements, and many abilities being not really hurtful, but they still hurt if you absolutely don't give a shit. so if you absolutely don't give a shit, you don't deserve the loot, and therefore you will wipe (not you personally, but your group). you don't have to organize it, but the penalty for this is that you get less quality loot.
    get over it, or skip LFR and organize your own group and go flex, which really is not that much harder, if at all, than LFR.

Deleted
    I tried to do lfr SoO 3 times in different days. Failed on second boss of wing 1 each time because ppl just dont know tacts and dont listen. Seems that most decent raiders who used to do lfr to gear up for normal version moved to flex and we are stuck with lots of dummies. i`ll try to gear up with timeles isle tokens upgrade rather than take the pain on LFR

Yeah, at least 40% of raids I get joined to are in progress. Would be fine otherwise, but it seems it takes longer for me to get into another run of that same raid after I've finished one.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Seems right, just butthurt his group failed
    That's not entirely correct, I get what he's talking about as I've had it happen to me several times. I got joined to a run in progress (I needed only Nazgrim as I had to leave early on a previous LFR run) with 1 wipe on shamans. After 3 additional wipes, we manage to get the shamans down and about half of the raid leaves. We spend there 20 minutes waiting if we get group filled, nothing happens, people start to leave and after 30 mins I'm alone in the instance. So all in all, I've just spent over an hour in an instance to achieve exactly nothing for myself. Overall, between having to rerun content and disbanded groups, I spent about 5 hours on getting Nazgrim down on LFR difficulty (as opposed to about 2 hours of clearing both wings in a flex raid) and I got a nice coalesced turmoil for it.

OP: right now people are leaving more frequently because there's a lot of clueless people in the raids so they just bail it, opening more spots in partially completed run. As the situation stabilizes , there will be less leavers and the LFR experience will become more enjoyable again.

Good thing is, that there's only 4 more items that I can upgrade from LFR. Hopefully I get more lucky on next week's flex raid so then I don't have to step to LFR ever again.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2013-09-30 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    First of all, let me get to this point first.

If this is how LFR is after Flex is introduced, I want it removed from the game. It's a waste of resources.
    No it's not. A lot of people still enjoy LFR. Just ignore LFR if you don't like it now, it may get better....

10+ Year Old Account
    people get into progressed run.. mostly on nazgrim i think? so... then everyone leaves after shamans since they have alrdy done nazgrim... or they have alrdy done shamans and nazgrim and leaves after juggernut, and if its always was fresh run.. how would inprogress runs get more people??

Deleted
    "I had some bad luck and things didn't go my way, remove it please!"

Seriously though, you can always go for flex raiding if you are sick of people leaving LFR or runs already in progress.

One of the problems is that after youve joined an in progress run, for example starting at the 4th boss, when you re-queue for a fresh afterwards you tend to leave once the 3rd is dead as the fourth is already worthless for you - which in turns creates space for other people to then join a partial run. blizz need to find a way to encourage people to stay on and kill the bosses they've already done, and the 45 valor certainly isnt enough. Perhaps having bosses youve already looted always drop a fail bag so there is atleast something to get from killing it again.

As many have already said, it seems the majority of 'raiders' are doing flex now instead of LFR, which is possibly causing a harder time than usual for whoever is left due to the increased percentage of 'newbs'. Right now its difficult to tell wether this is due to a decreased amount of skilled players carrying the others, or purely down to the new tier/content difficulty and not knowing the tacs. I could be wrong but im pretty sure blizz said somewhere that if it turns out to be down to the lower skill level rather than content difficulty, they would considder lowering lfr to serve its purpose for those actually doing it properly, rather than to the level it currently is where raiders are boosting.

In other words, if all the raiders stop doing lfr and focus on flex/normal/hcs, and lfr is left to its intended audience things would be balanced out. but right now we are in the no-mans land because we dont have the data yet to see what is actually going on

Tanked SoS LFR wing 2 to speed up que for two guildy alts. Que join group at dark shamans. Kewl, finish run reque. dark shamans again... leave que, wait half an hour, reque General Nazgrim lol.

I know blizzard is having an issue filling tank spots for partially complete runs but seriously why would any tank redo bosses they don't need when there is nothing in it for them.