Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think they nerfed Nazgrim too. Miraculously 1 shot it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by M00 View Post
    Normal/heroic raiders have been complaining since LFR's introduction that they felt forced to do it to be as competetive as possible in their main runs.

Blizzard has finally successfully removed the need for these people to do LFR with a mixture of introducing flex and making the LFR ilvl so low that it just isn't worth it.

Side effect is that these people were actually the ones holding LFR groups together.
    I second this.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think one of the biggest problems with LFR at the moment is that people do not get penalized when leaving mid raid, especially healer and tanks. They just leave and requeue if they can't be arsed to wait a minute or two. This could be easily resolved by giving people who leave mid raid a penalty (deserter debuff) for something like 2 hours.

The difficulty itself isn't a problem in my eyes. It will get easier once the people get some upgrades and learn the fights. Although the mechanics are less forgiving it still is possible to down the bosses even with 10 brain dead people in the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M00 View Post
    Normal/heroic raiders have been complaining since LFR's introduction that they felt forced to do it to be as competetive as possible in their main runs.

Blizzard has finally successfully removed the need for these people to do LFR with a mixture of introducing flex and making the LFR ilvl so low that it just isn't worth it.

Side effect is that these people were actually the ones holding LFR groups together.
    Considering the mess that ToT LFR was the first week they did a pretty terrible job of it. People learned the fights then, they'll likely figure it out now.

Alts will play a part too.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Have you done LFR? SoO LFR gear is 528. Timeless Isle gear is 496. Last time I checked 528 - 496 = 32, not -7.
    496 Token + Burden of Eternity = 535 Item.

Yes Timeless isle stuff is 7 item levels better than LFR, provided RNG doesn't screw you with the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

Yes Timeless isle stuff is 7 item levels better than LFR, provided RNG doesn't screw you with the stats.
    Most of the Timeless gear have no sockets, which is worth way more than 7 ilvls.

Timeless Isle gear is horribly itemized unless you get very lucky with its enchantment, and even then (for a rogue at least) most LFR SoO gear is significantly better stat wise than Timeless Gear even without taking into consideration set bonuses, sockets, the insanely good trinkets from Siege, and the inability to obtain weapons on the Isle. The only exceptions are Timeless Head, Chest, and Legs and the difference isn't much. Not to mention that getting Burdens for every slot is an insane grind unless you're extremely lucky. Then again some would say the same about LFR. xD

You're much better off running Siege if you care at all about optimization (to clear Brawler's Guild for example.) If you just care about getting your item level as high as possible then that's another matter (and you'd still need to get weapons, a trinket, and the Legendary Cloak through some LFR at least.)

15+ Year Old Account
    First of the new raids took me 3 hours on char 1 and 4 hours on char 2. like 5x the time of LFR before. One thing I learned is to not queue too close to food time :P

The problem is that Flex allows your LFR "carriers" (the Tanks,the exceptional DPS and Heals) to completely opt-out. This sends LFR into a nose-dive.

In the past, LFR has always been rocky just after a patch and a wing opens... but I don't know if the curve will smooth out at this point. Players need to experience LFR to understand and master the new mechanics and right now, groups are simply falling apart, fast, and folks are giving up. It seems bleak.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    Most of the Timeless gear have no sockets, which is worth way more than 7 ilvls.
    As far as I know, a socket counts as a "common" quality gem when computing item stat budget.

So, an item with a socket is potentially worth 80 more of a secondary stat or 40 more of a primary stat, which is not a big deal. However, no socket means less flexibility. But that's only a big deal if the item is poorly itemized to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

But the burdens are a lot harder to get than LFR items no?

Deleted
    From someone who has been tortured in LFr, I'm glad it's suffering. Sorry, but someone had to say it. I have 3 tank alts that I used to tank LFR with. It was single handedly the most painful experience of my life - to the point where you'd be flamed, booted, kicked, because of many things, such as healer AFK's, DPS ninjapulling, Mechanic fails, etcetc. This means tanking has taken a nosedive now. You'd also be flamed at for daring to queue in to LFR as part of a guild group, and if you sounded like a raider, you'd also be flamed.

LFR reaps exactly what it sows. You wanted a difficulty for people who just want to do LFR? You wanted the raiders/guilded people/mean elitists to stay out of LFR? You've got your wish. Just sleep in the bed. It becomes harder to tan kand heal in LFR, with no incentives whatsoever to do so. You talk about poorly itemized timeless gear. 535 Timeless will get you in to Flex. Then you skip the torture of LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    First of the new raids took me 3 hours on char 1 and 4 hours on char 2. like 5x the time of LFR before. One thing I learned is to not queue too close to food time :P
    For some reason tanks in LFR like to take 5 minutes between trash pulls before Dark Shamans. I mean, are you shitting me?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    For some reason tanks in LFR like to take 5 minutes between trash pulls before Dark Shamans. I mean, are you shitting me?
    Maybe the tanks new to the raid or something? You could also tank your self if you dislike the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Maybe the tanks new to the raid or something? You could also tank your self if you dislike the wait.
    No, I'm a Priest, if they take too long to pull in LFR I will pull, and fade onto them, or tell a Hunter to MD them.

It's early weeks of new content. It's always fairly bad until people get their heads around the scant few mechanics you *have* to pay attention to.

In time people will learn the tactics, but I doubt it will be as good as it was in ToT. The main reason for this is Flex. LFR was previously held together by normal mode raiders (and the occasional bored heroic raiders). They weren't always the majority in a group, but they didn't need to be. Now those people are in Flex. They're not coming back.

Flex is the LFR that many people wanted it to be. Something they could do fairly simply on alts, or with friends who couldn't do normal modes. LFR still has a place for those who cannot raid at a fixed time each week, but with OpenRaid and Flex, even that can be done for all but the most unsociable hours of the day.

No, I'm a Priest, if they take too long to pull in LFR I will pull, and fade onto them, or tell a Hunter to MD them.
    Ah so you're being an ass? Right cool got it. There could be a reason why the guys not ready to pull (there are two tanks so the other one should pull if ready and able).

Still complaining about tanks and pulling and not resolving the situation is frustrating to see.

Deleted
    ...making you solely responsible for the resultant wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Ah so you're being an ass? Right cool got it. There could be a reason why the guys not ready to pull (there are two tanks so the other one should pull if ready and able).

Still complaining about tanks and pulling and not resolving the situation is frustrating to see.
    Not really, I can keep them up.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I think they nerfed Nazgrim too. Miraculously 1 shot it tonight.
    No. He's just ridicilously easy.
    Kill banners/totems->adds->boss and don't stand in stuff. On top of that don't dps him while he's in defensive stance. That's all. He's really really not hard.
    Problem is people don't know the fight very well yet.

This thread was up with ToT and the previous tier too. People whine endlessly in the beginning. If they can't handle dying, they should just wait to a month later when everybody is just as awesome as them. Tbh the people complaining the most are usually the worst players. Those doing crap dps, standing in fire and overall not knowing the encounter.
    Shamans is by far the boss i had most trouble completing in the lfr, but it's not a problem either. Unlike a lot of people here i know it gets better when people learn the fights.
    I don't even believe the one saying he got into 7 uncompleted lfrs in row. If you complete one that is in progress, then you're far more likely to get into a fresh one next time. Now if you just go "fuck this i quit" and leaves without finishing it, then nothing changes, AND you inconvinienced other people, which most here is all about... people not inconvinieng them :P

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, I can keep them up.
    I kick you for that. I'm pretty good at getting the first puller kicked. If i don't pull it's because the other tank don't know the fight and i'm telling him how to do it, or others.
    Advantage to being a tank is that you're in a very good position to get assholes like you kicked ^^
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away