Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    First of all, let me get to this point first.

1.) Has anyone else seen an INCREASE in chance of joining an lfr ALREADY IN PROGRESS? I don't WANT THAT. I want a FRESH RUN.

My main point.

2.) I am sitting in an LFR, an LFR that was already in progress btw, and we get to the trash for the Korkron Shaman boss. Two of the tanks leave. I am now waiting with 20+ other people for new tanks. 10 Mins pass - nothing.

20 mins pass - nothing.

People start to leave.

I am now sitting in an LFR with 3 people, still in queue, 30 min later.

If this is how LFR is after Flex is introduced, I want it removed from the game. It's a waste of resources.
    Haven't seen this much butthurt for a long time. When you lose a battleground will wou want pvp removed from game as well?

Yes, because someone suggesting something for the game is always butthurt. Makes sense.
    It usually is. They had a bad experience 1 time (out of the millions considering how many are doing lfr), and made a whine post on how the game should be developed.

Anecdotal posts are completely useless in the grand scheme of things. I'll give you an example:

I've run lfr on 6 characters, 2 healers, a tank and 3 dps. Every single run was oneshot except one, wiped on last boss because too many people stood in swirly weapons the first time. That is 48 bosses, 12 separate runs, 1 wipe, no griefers, no afkers etc.

So my post to blizzard would say: Keep LFR and Flex, they're both working fine as intended. The players are great, only a couple doing stupid things, I never joined a run in progress. Good job!

See? Completely useless data wise because that's 12 votes to 1 for lfr working as intended. Or maybe because I take the extra "effort" (of typing for 20 seconds) on each boss telling new people what to do. It works wonders, all the people whining should try it some time before making "REMOVE IT NOW OR I QUIT!" hd posts.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

If you're expecting a raid like experience from LFR, you're probably going to be disappointed lol.

Deleted
    I'm horrified at the thought of losing LFR. It can be a bit of a longer wait for one, if you don't do it on the reset day. However, I see LFR as a useful training tool you can do on yoru own to prepare yourself for Flex, as well as gear up your least fave alts that you only really want to keep in current relevant gear before the next patch hits.

Sometimes I just want to experience end game content at an easy pace, on my own without being in the midst of a big bunch of people I know.

LFR really does serve a purpose, it just becomes a baby experience for raider who are more likely to be at normal or heroic level raiding.

Now we have so many different varieties of ways to play, it would be a real kick in the teeth to lose out on one aspect of it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    It usually is. They had a bad experience 1 time (out of the millions considering how many are doing lfr), and made a whine post on how the game should be developed.

Anecdotal posts are completely useless in the grand scheme of things. I'll give you an example:

I've run lfr on 6 characters, 2 healers, a tank and 3 dps. Every single run was oneshot except one, wiped on last boss because too many people stood in swirly weapons the first time. That is 48 bosses, 12 separate runs, 1 wipe, no griefers, no afkers etc.

So my post to blizzard would say: Keep LFR and Flex, they're both working fine as intended. The players are great, only a couple doing stupid things, I never joined a run in progress. Good job!

See? Completely useless data wise because that's 12 votes to 1 for lfr working as intended. Or maybe because I take the extra "effort" (of typing for 20 seconds) on each boss telling new people what to do. It works wonders, all the people whining should try it some time before making "REMOVE IT NOW OR I QUIT!" hd posts.
    Not sure if you're joking, or if you queued each time with a bunch of raid-geared guildies.

I've seen no indication that a normal group can get Nazgrim down in one shot. It doesn't seem remotely possible.

Deleted
    Surely every new tier has at least one boss that is more difficult to cakewalk. Isn't that part of the fun? Learning to work together as a team and having to think about what you are doing?

I'm all for easy kills at LFR level but it's nice to have a bit of a challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberlee View Post
    Surely every new tier has at least one boss that is more difficult to cakewalk. Isn't that part of the fun? Learning to work together as a team and having to think about what you are doing?

I'm all for easy kills at LFR level but it's nice to have a bit of a challenge.
    As someone who largely supports the idea of something like LFR being in the game, it's difficult to think of 25 random LFR players as either a team or interested in learning to work together. In an ideal world maybe, but ideal worlds for that sort of thing are what guilds are about. Once in a while a 5-man group will come together in something like a team--and it's great when it does--but even there it's pretty rare. It's mostly get started, get done, get out.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Not sure if you're joking, or if you queued each time with a bunch of raid-geared guildies.

I've seen no indication that a normal group can get Nazgrim down in one shot. It doesn't seem remotely possible.
    Oneshot him earlier this evening.
    I've done an ridiculous amounts of lfr the past two weeks. My main alt have been running them around 3 times each, just because i was plain out bored.
    Some runs have been bad, some has been fine. It's always rather horrible in the first weeks, so i'm really not fuzzed about it being overly hard. It's hard the first weeks, and then people get gear enough to steamroll it.
    In second wing on scorpion we had half the raid die, and the other half just killed it then.

Am slightly surprised about how much it resembles normal, though. Guess it's fine overall.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

This always happens at the beginning of a raid patch. It has nothing to do with Flex, we saw the same thing every time they release a new raid.

Why do you think they removed the ability to tell if a raid is half-done? did they do that last week? No, they did that long ago. The same things happened every patch since their was an LFR, it has nothing to do with flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Yes I know what people "need" to do.

What is important with the encounter is what people are doing.

Blizzard can't change how players play. Blizzard can change how encounters work. So which one is basically pointless to talk about?
    So in other words remove more mechanics and adds and turn it into another boring LFR DS fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Unless pugs had vastly changed in how open they are to the unexperienced since Flex got added, the likelyhood of me subbing again, with the removal of LFR, would go from about a 75% chance, to a flat 0% chance.
    In other words instead of trying it yourself or even bother to form your own group you are just going to continue to bash raiders. Raiders was not handed experience, they went out and earned it.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-09-28 at 09:33 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    That's just bad luck, first few weeks of a new LFR are always rocky.

I don't understand how any of that translates to an issue due to flex

- - - Updated - - -

Seems right, just butthurt his group failed
    LFRS are always rocky, except on Tuesdays right after servers come up. Thats your ONLY window of getting in a good one. However, it is still not worth the time/headache/heartache to do LFR anymore. Its gambling really. Like I mentioned in my other posts, I'll stick to flex/normal and let the brain dead have their fun in LFR.

Something superior was added to the game, it was called flex mode.
    All the decent casual players now do that.

You are not left with much afterwards.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberlee View Post
    I'm horrified at the thought of losing LFR. It can be a bit of a longer wait for one, if you don't do it on the reset day. However, I see LFR as a useful training tool you can do on yoru own to prepare yourself for Flex, as well as gear up your least fave alts that you only really want to keep in current relevant gear before the next patch hits.

Sometimes I just want to experience end game content at an easy pace, on my own without being in the midst of a big bunch of people I know.

LFR really does serve a purpose, it just becomes a baby experience for raider who are more likely to be at normal or heroic level raiding.

Now we have so many different varieties of ways to play, it would be a real kick in the teeth to lose out on one aspect of it.
    Now this is just sadistic. LOL.

Maybe the penalty for dungeon deserter needs to be extended to one or two days instead of an hour.

Blizzard both bumped down LFR ilvl considerably and tuned LFR harshly. Coincidentally they also introduced Flex at the same time.

It doesn't take a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Something superior was added to the game, it was called flex mode.
    All the decent casual players now do that.

You are not left with much afterwards.
    Flex is great, yeah.

The same people that leave LFR after killing a boss without saying boo do the same thing in flex too. But now you can just put those on ignore.

The solution... find a flex raid.

Or just don't queue for LFR.. It's a scary place.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the exact same things happening in tot lfr when it came out. It'll get better.

Multiqueuing is making it easier for people to leave runs in progress, since (as long as you have at least one boss down, or at least one wipe), you aren't removed from the other queues. And, those other queues continue to progress while you're in another instance, so they often pop immediately once you leave the instance group.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens to LFR after the last wing opens. I think a fair number of people will clear it all once and say "ok, done" and not queue again.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

If this is how LFR is after Flex is introduced, I want it removed from the game. It's a waste of resources.
    This is how LFR was before Flex was introduced too. First week of LFR Durumu and Animus was far, far worse than LFR Shamans and Nazgrim have been so far.

A lot of people want LFR and with the system already in place it takes very few resources to implement an LFR version of new raids as they are developed. As Blizzard themselves have said, LFR is not going anywhere. Fortunately it is entirely optional. You never have to queue for it again and you can pretend it is gone.