Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    No. He's just ridicilously easy.
    Kill banners/totems->adds->boss and don't stand in stuff. On top of that don't dps him while he's in defensive stance. That's all. He's really really not hard.
    Problem is people don't know the fight very well yet.

This thread was up with ToT and the previous tier too. People whine endlessly in the beginning. If they can't handle dying, they should just wait to a month later when everybody is just as awesome as them. Tbh the people complaining the most are usually the worst players. Those doing crap dps, standing in fire and overall not knowing the encounter.
    Shamans is by far the boss i had most trouble completing in the lfr, but it's not a problem either. Unlike a lot of people here i know it gets better when people learn the fights.
    I don't even believe the one saying he got into 7 uncompleted lfrs in row. If you complete one that is in progress, then you're far more likely to get into a fresh one next time. Now if you just go "fuck this i quit" and leaves without finishing it, then nothing changes, AND you inconvinienced other people, which most here is all about... people not inconvinieng them :P

- - - Updated - - -

I kick you for that. I'm pretty good at getting the first puller kicked. If i don't pull it's because the other tank don't know the fight and i'm telling him how to do it, or others.
    Advantage to being a tank is that you're in a very good position to get assholes like you kicked ^^
    Heh I agree its frustrating to see, I am normally whispering another tank when I go in (missed out on last weeks LFR run on my DK due to work this week it must be done) and doing tactics and stuff. When we're ready to pull we pull. Its annoying when people ninja pull as you can quite easily have several groups pulled and it causes deaths!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No, I'm a Priest, if they take too long to pull in LFR I will pull, and fade onto them, or tell a Hunter to MD them.
    and people wonder why LFR is a cesspool?

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    First of all, let me get to this point first.

1.) Has anyone else seen an INCREASE in chance of joining an lfr ALREADY IN PROGRESS? I don't WANT THAT. I want a FRESH RUN.
    You and everyone else needs to get this through your thick skull. YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO A FRESH RUN. It doesn't matter if you want a fresh run. EVERYBODY wants a fresh run. And that's exactly why they have to backfill in-progress runs: because if they didn't, nobody would ever join them. I would bet any amount of money that if ten people left your precious fresh run, you'd be clamoring for Blizzard to make it so you get ten new people so you can finish. Well guess what - sometimes you're the fresh run, and sometimes you're the ten new people. It HAS to be that way or no group would ever finish, especially in the first few weeks.

That all said, I will NOT be doing any LFR this patch. Don't need to. Got flex now.

Deleted
    Went into LFR Wing 2 and Wing 1 with two chars today. One single wipe.
    Doesn't seem too bad tbh. If a lot of "real" raiders stopped doing LFR, their absence obviously isn't really a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the burdens are a lot harder to get than LFR items no?
    Don't know I used two and sold 7 on my main already (wee 5G <_<).
    Getting stuff in LFR is harder for sure due to retarded RNG and duplicate drops.

I did the second wing of LFR SoO yesterday, and one-shot the first three bosses, and wiped to Nazgrim at 3% due to enrage, killing him the next attempt. Was not a guild group. It can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Don't know I used two and sold 7 on my main already (wee 5G <_<).
    Getting stuff in LFR is harder for sure due to retarded RNG and duplicate drops.
    I only ever had 2 burdens =[

But gear wise on my shaman its like raining gear so much my shaman is broke! :< no cash to buy enchants!

10+ Year Old Account
    I only ever had 2 burdens =[
    Yeah, should I ever go on that Island with an alt that could actually .. you know .. USE those burdens, I'm sure I'll never see one drop.

Blizzard RNG works that way.

Deleted
    Had 2 fully timeless equipped chars after the first week. However, most of the items I got are quite poorly itemized, so a lot of LFR stuff still should be better :|

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah, should I ever go on that Island with an alt that could actually .. you know .. USE those burdens, I'm sure I'll never see one drop.

Blizzard RNG works that way.
    Timeless was good for getting my alt to a level ready for SoO though. The upgrades there are better than timeless (even after burdens tbh as the items are poorly itemized)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Have you done LFR? SoO LFR gear is 528. Timeless Isle gear is 496. Last time I checked 528 - 496 = 32, not -7.
    He's refering to the gear you get upgrading the Timeless tokens with Burdens of Eternity. That gear is ilvl 535 (as are the trinkets that cost 50K timeless coins.)

BTW: I've found the Death Adders have a fairly high drop rate for BoEts. I think they upped the drop rate from non-rare mobs recently.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2013-10-02 at 11:51 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    Problem is not in LFR itself, problem is in overtuned difficultly level.
    lol.

To be fair, I agree that Part2 is pretty rough at the moment. But that's not because it is too difficult.
    It's just that everybody is used to brainafk (or just afk) and just focuses on killing everything that is attackable.

Give it a few weeks and players will start to actually think (i have faith in humanity).
    Because if they don't, they will just not succeed or they'll get carryed.

imo lfr was the worst thing they've implemented yet.
    Now they're trying to prevent this from happening.
    We will see how it turns out.

I am finding that less and less fights allow you to be afk in LFR. Dark Shaman is a good example, even though I told the group everything they needed to stay out of the tanks still seemed to think they could just tank and spank in the slimes, the red circle and drag the bosses and the melee dps through the lines of elementals.

We had a tank that pulled while the second had yet to load into the dungeon locking him out, both quit, the tank left out complained something about not getting a tanking bag now and quit, then we had 2 tanks that decided to pull without finishing the trash, then 2 replacements who almost pulled the bosses before finishing the last 5 groups of trash, then we got 2 tanks who decided to tank and spank, then finally 2 tanks who knew what to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    So far I have done most of my LFRs without any guildies. All of them went rather smooth tho not without wipe. Just maybe I actually tried put some effort to explain the tactics myself. Everyone listened and if something went wrong we were able to resolve the issue before next pull.

So either I am extremly lucky or some of you simply don't want to put the effort to make the group work. I believe that 99% of groups are capable of killing any boss in SoO LFR with no big deal if only someone takes some time to explain stuff. You know, heroic guilds also wipe on stuff that they see for the first time (even after knowing the mechanics from journal) unless they overgear particular boss. The key to good LFR is patience - especially at the point when the content is fresh. I've never been in an LFR that I couldn't influence somehow to make it work better. So maybe it's not the problem with content or other people but you...

Not sure what you want blizzard to do? You can't fix the player population's problem. The problem is the player, not the encounter design. People are clearing it on normal, people are clearing it on heroic, people are clearing it on flex. LFR has the LEAST amount of mechanics. LEAST. You can't tell these people they are bad, because they are so bad they can't grasp the concept of bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    So far I have done most of my LFRs without any guildies. All of them went rather smooth tho not without wipe. Just maybe I actually tried put some effort to explain the tactics myself. Everyone listened and if something went wrong we were able to resolve the issue before next pull.

So either I am extremly lucky or some of you simply don't want to put the effort to make the group work. I believe that 99% of groups are capable of killing any boss in SoO LFR with no big deal if only someone takes some time to explain stuff. You know, heroic guilds also wipe on stuff that they see for the first time (even after knowing the mechanics from journal) unless they overgear particular boss. The key to good LFR is patience - especially at the point when the content is fresh. I've never been in an LFR that I couldn't influence somehow to make it work better. So maybe it's not the problem with content or other people but you...

Sure, hopeless groups do happen but personally I have never econutered more than 1 group like that per whole content since the LFR is out. It's the type of group where majority of people just won't listen and won't do their job. But that really is kinda rare. Vast majority of people actually wants a smooth run and will try to work for that if they are given some aid.

I didn't read this full thread (it got a lot of ppl talking fast), however, I did want to point out a contradiction in the original post. If another poster mentioned this already, my apologies in advanced.

If the OP want a fresh run every time, and the OP complains that a tank isn't joining their run that's already started, then how is the OP complaining about a system that puts you into an already started run, if the OP wants the system to help the LFR group out by getting tanks in their already started run?

Does the OP want the system to give fresh runs every time, or do they want a system that pulls ppl into an already started run? You can't have both...
    Last edited by NMX-; 2013-10-02 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    LFR is dead atm.

For dps the que is insanely long even on Wednesday (1 hour +). Should a tank or healer leave the time needed for replacements is such that by then probably the raid group will have already been disbanded. The second wing is an unbelievable time sink. Especially on Dark Shamans and Nazgrim the constant wiping make it feel like heroic progression.

If the idea behind the implementation of the quick gearing up through timeless isle was to help new players or alts jump into the new content faster then while it was successful it caused other kind of issues.Countless are the players who just open their 496 pieces, and without gems, without enchants and equiped with blue weapons join to cause unavoidable wipes.

The fact that Blizzard has yet to react means that they intent to keep things as they are as we will have to stay with this patch till the next expansion arrives.

The only solution for players like me, who dont want or donthave the time for normal raiding is FLex, but i will first have to find a group with rational requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Invection View Post
    Not sure what you want blizzard to do?
    There are any number of things that Blizzard could do to improve the situation. For example, it could fix the ilvl computation to exclude gear not for the spec (or class armor type). LFR could require gear to be gemmed and enchanted. LFR could require all glyph slots be filled, and check the glyphs are not ridiculous for the given role. Finally, LFR could have automated mechanisms for identifying and calling out griefing, ninja pulls, and terrible underperformance.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There are any number of things that Blizzard could do to improve the situation. For example, it could fix the ilvl computation to exclude gear not for the spec (or class armor type). LFR could require gear to be gemmed and enchanted. LFR could require all glyph slots be filled, and check the glyphs are not ridiculous for the given role. Finally, LFR could have automated mechanisms for identifying and calling out griefing, ninja pulls, and terrible underperformance.
    The only thing I want is for the ilevel requirement for SoO to be a little higher, there are too many people returningto the game in there with 496 token gear that is unforged, unjemmed and unenchanted. I've also seen 2 seperate DK's in there doing 24k damage because half their gear is ilevel 463 which means they were too damn lazy to spend 1 hour opening chests for tokens.

Those 496 tokens are great for alts but god damn are they contributing to the shit storms in LFR.