Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    Ding. Ding. We have a winner! Between being the first month of new wings, as well as the above mentioned, LFR is worse than usual now.
    A lot of good LFR players are waiting for the swarm of 'short timers' (people who only show up long enough to gear up and down the last boss of the tier in LFR) to leave. Good players will still plunge LFR for a trinket, weapon or 4 piece set token, anyone who says differently is eother already in normal raid gear or is just as bad a player as the people they like to call bad players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Just get rid of it. Flex is enough since it's meant for people who can't commit to scheduled raids.
    No. If anything, they can replace normal with Flex. LFR caters to a totally different audience.
    Flex caters to the same people as Normal - it's just more foolproof.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it should be removed.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-10-02 at 04:29 PM.

I totally agree with this ......

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There are any number of things that Blizzard could do to improve the situation. For example, it could fix the ilvl computation to exclude gear not for the spec (or class armor type). LFR could require gear to be gemmed and enchanted. LFR could require all glyph slots be filled, and check the glyphs are not ridiculous for the given role. Finally, LFR could have automated mechanisms for identifying and calling out griefing, ninja pulls, and terrible underperformance.
    and yet, this will never stop the hodor swarms from button mashing their way to failure

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    No. If anything, they can replace normal with Flex. LFR caters to a totally different audience.
    Flex caters to the same people as Normal - it's just more foolproof. But, compared to normal its still as much of a joke as LFR in difficulty

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it should be removed.
    Um no, flex caters to the casual players who don't have the time or investment into being in a decent raid guild with structure. It's great for guilds that end up with to many dps or not enough for their 25m runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Invection View Post
    and yet, this will never stop the hodor swarms from button mashing their way to failure
    You asked what Blizzard could do. Now you're raising the bar on what you consider acceptable actions.

The simple fact is there are plenty of things Blizzard could do to reduce the dysfunction in LFR. They can't totally solve the problem, but so what? There are plenty of RL problems that can't be totally solved that we don't throw our hands up over and do nothing.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    How does a healer queueing up in DPS gear make the queue faster? I understand how dps queueing up as a healer and then not healing quickens up the queue at the expense of everyone else but healers in dps gear?
    i meant someone with no healing gear signs up as a healer for the quicker queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Revrev View Post
    I like how more and more people starting to disslike lfr it's good because its rly ruins the special thing with raiding.
    It 'rly' ruins the special thing with raiding? Then do not do it. Raiding normal & HC with guilds has not changed. You do not like LFR, do not do it. I do it with some of the people in my guild (we are not a raiding guild, cannot stand the drama queens) and we would not raid at all without it. So, if you raid 'properly and do not do LFR, it is not affecting you, so leave it alone. If you do LFR, you are just like the majority so get off your high (rocking) horse and join us rather than judging us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Invection View Post
    Um no, flex caters to the casual players who don't have the time or investment into being in a decent raid guild with structure. It's great for guilds that end up with to many dps or not enough for their 25m runs.
    And LFR also caters to people who don't want to have to deal with organized groups. Flex definitely is closer to Normal than to LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Revrev View Post
    I like how more and more people starting to disslike lfr it's good because its rly ruins the special thing with raiding.
    Please remove everything below Heroic, it really ruins the special thing with raiding.

Seriously, this whole "I don't like it, so others shouldn't like it, too"-metality is SO stupid.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-10-02 at 05:00 PM.

i like better gather people for raid, not LFR. there are lot of TROLLS

10+ Year Old Account
    Im skipping everyone elses posts because mine sis the most important...I jest, but LFR is horrible any other time after thursday, its not just bad its unbearable with terrible queue times and constant drop outs, too many difficulties, LFR or flexi not both imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    No.

Both are RNG, LFR is one chance a week per boss to get loot, you have a chance at getting a Burden every time you participate in killing a rarespawn on the isle, you have a chance to get a Burden every time you open a loot cache chest (the gambling "minigame" with the Hozen in the cave), and you can guarantee a Burden every 50k Timeless Coins, plus you get 1 guaranteed burden from a zone chest.

Assuming efficient Timeless Coin farm, it would not be hard to farm 50k coins for one Burden per day- Ghost Ship and Evermaw spawn every hour and reward nearly 1k coins each, so that's 2k coins per hour from them alone. Filling in the time between Ship+Maw spawns by killing the Ordos yaungol that spawn from repeatedly using Scroll of Challenge, especially in a 5-man group, was netting my guildies and I about 3k coins per hour at our kill rate.

So, that's one guaranteed Burden in approximately 10 hours, with a chance to get a Burden every time you kill Ship or Evermaw. Burdens can drop from the yaungol as well. So, assuming you do this each day, you can get 7 Burdens a week, minimum, fairly easily.

LFR, on the other hand, is about a 3-6 hour investment once per week at current clear times and does not guarantee a loot drop or upgrade.
    Sure, it takes less time, but it's probably for less reward and certainly for less reliable reward.

I spend a few hours a day on the Timeless Isle, and I've gotten in excess of 10-15 Burdens on a single character since 5.4 launched. I've done LFR every week on that same character, and I've gotten 2 pieces of loot so far.
    I would say it makes them about even then rather than burdens easier. The drop rates in the current LFR have been buffed. Sounds like your RNG is just bad. I've done 2 clears on my shaman of LFR and have upgraded 5-6 items. seems to me that both systems work fairly well and intended

Quote Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
    The issue with the current state of lfr is people's expectations are that from 5.3, where queues where 30min or under and the entire wing would take 1 - 1.5 hours to complete. Now queue times are extremely long (an hour wait is fairly common for me as dps) and you can spend and hour or more on one boss. My guild cleared 3 bosses in normal in the time my lfr group downed one boss. People rage leave after a wipe in lfr and the requeue mini game gets played over and over.

If blizz had made 5.2 & 5.3 more alt friendly lfr would be in a better position than it is now, people would know how to play their alts and there wouldnt be the welfare loot from Timeless Isle fooling people into thinking they are ready for lfr. People are messing up, afking, under performing and just plain being obstacles to those who really only have lfr as a viable "raiding" experience.

Blizzard needs to offer those players persistant enough to remain in lfr an increase in loot drop chance, similar to stacks of determination you get stacks of lucky loot.
    No it wouldn't, u cannot expect the kind of competence and consistency in a lfr like you can in a organized raid. This is random matchmaking, your gonna have absolutely terrible runs and your gonna have some good runs.

There is no need to hand out even more loot, people already have personal loot rolls on everything plus bonus rolls.

We clear 13/14 in 3 -3.5hours on normal, you cant even remotely expect that out of a lfr group. Lfr is what it is, a way for players to see content with little to no effort and get rewarded for it. (im not discrediting the few who actually try in lfrs as there only means of raiding, you guys are just a minority)

Quote Originally Posted by Quilm View Post
    We clear 13/14 in 3 -3.5hours on normal, you cant even remotely expect that out of a lfr group. Lfr is what it is, a way for players to see content with little to no effort and get rewarded for it. (im not discrediting the few who actually try in lfrs as there only means of raiding, you guys are just a minority)
    I'm glad that you at least acknowledge that. I pulled 200k hps on one fight last night in LFR and have come nowhere near to that in Flex, mostly because there is no need. There is serious effort involved in a successful LFR, but it's not shared equally. Frankly, I'm OK with picking up the slack for some of the players who lack gear and skill. What really infuriates me, however, are those who AFK and/or don't bother to try because it's a waste of their precious time. If it's such a waste I'm sure they can find better things to do. Thankfully there are far fewer of those players than these forums would lead you to believe, and they get kicked pretty quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im just glad flexi raids exist now, my guild runs through them all through the week with mains and alts, once I have caught up I doubt ill ever set foot in lfr again.

There are at least 3 types of LFR players;

1. The kind that do LFR every week to maximise their gear performance, maximise valor, reforge, gem and enchant. They learn the strats either through research or experience. This includes casuals who don't have time to schedule raiding and those who raid but want extra shots at tier tokens, trinkets, ect. They bring food, they bring flasks. They want to perform well. They enjoy LFR when it runs smoothly.

2. The people who only play long enough to reach max level and then gear up enough to see that Tier's boss drop in LFR. Once they have this achieved they leave the game until the time when the next expansion is about to drop. Then they get about gearing up again but they only do the bare minimum. They dont remember their rotation, they don't gem or enchant or reforge. They show up in SoO in half 463 blues instead of spending an hour getting 496 tokens. They dont care about learning strats, they just put down Garrosh and leave until the next expac is near.

3. The people who go afk, people who go afk because others go afk and those who think they are too good to deal with trash or too good to do anything but afk. They would rather spend an extra half hour wiping the group than actually playing the game. They blow repair bills because its more fun to shit in the pool than it is to swim in the pool for them. The real loosers go afk and try to use it as an escuse why others should not be able to be in LFR.

Just like people who shit in public pools they ruin it for everyone, and then they say, "Well if others can shit in the pool then I should be able to too, you shouldn't be able to shit in the pool but as long as you can shit in the pool then I will continue to shit in the pool." and then they go bitch out the manager of the pool that someone shit in the pool, "This is your fault for having a pool that someone can shit in in the first place! Having my own pool that no one but my friends could access made me feel special until you opened up this public pool and anyone can shit in this pool! I was in the pool when I took a shit in it and this pool should be shut down for health reasons!"

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Just like people who shit in public pools they ruin it for everyone, and then they say, "Well if others can shit in the pool then I should be able to too, you shouldn't be able to shit in the pool but as long as you can shit in the pool then I will continue to shit in the pool." and then they go bitch out the manager of the pool that someone shit in the pool, "This is your fault for having a pool that someone can shit in in the first place! Having my own pool that no one but my friends could access made me feel special until you opened up this public pool and anyone can shit in this pool! I was in the pool when I took a shit in it and this pool should be shut down for health reasons!"
    I suppose that they could have shit in the special pool too but their friends would have denied them access to it henceforth and that was apparently the only incentive preventing them from shitting in the pool. When it was just for them and their friends the pool was for recreational purposes but now that it's public its primary purpose is to serve as a toilet. Others can try to use it for recreation, but they're going to be playing in the toilet from now on. Don't forget the part where the same people shitting in the kiddie pool turn around and bemoan the desolation of the special big boy pool that is due to the lack of competent swimmers.

10+ Year Old Account
    This analogy just got very confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hotfixes: October 2
    Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Kor'kron Dark Shaman
      Changes on Raid Finder difficulty:
    • Wavebinger Kardris' Falling Ash now deals 200,000 Fire damage (down from 999,999).
    • Foul Slimes' Foulness aura now deals 30,000 Nature damage (down from 50,000).

• General Nazgrim
      Changes on Raid Finder difficulty:
    • General Nazgrim's health has been reduced by 10%.
    • General Nazgrim's Ravager now hits for 200,000 damage.
    • General Nazgrim now gains 1 Rage when struck in Defensive Stance (down from 2 Rage).
    • General Nazgrim now gains 2 Rage for each target struck by Heroic Shockwave's Aftershocks (down from 3 Rage).
    • General Nazgrim now gains 2 Rage from Kor'kron Banner (down from 3 Rage).
    • Kor'kron Warshaman's Earth Shield now heals for 2% of maximum health (down from 5%).
    • Kor'kron Warshaman's Empowered Chain Heal now heals for 4% of maximum health (down from 10%).
    Source

Good to see Blizzard listening to feedback.