Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ye because comparing it to old bosses from 2006 that was bugged for like 89 days and got killed the same day as blizzard fixed it, locked behind long gear checks or gates is cool. Anyone here that listened to the podcast with slootbag (Midwinter) and Sco (Method) would know how they talked about Lei Shen being the hardest boss up to 5.2 encounter wise, that is being able to be killed without needing to farm gear for like 5 weeks to match the gearcheck. How many days a boss lasted 5 years ago has nothing to do with how hard the boss was.
    Last edited by heltvild; 2013-09-28 at 09:54 PM.

I've heard it from the best raiders in the world that NO bosses compare to Heroic Lich King and Heroic Ragnaros. That list is irrelevant when the raiders who were in the world top 10 for most if not all of the bosses say this.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    Ye because comparing it to old bosses from 2006 that was bugged for like 89 days and got killed the same day as blizzard fixed it, locked behind long gear checks or gates is cool.
    You're welcome to find an updated list/time-table that includes recent expansion heroic boss kills....I wasn't able to locate a more current one. /shrug

Ok, a harder but more accurate list would be, the guild that got WF on these bosses, how many attempts did it take them? If it took 50 days but they got it in only 4 attempts (not that that's realistic but you get my point), then that means something different than a boss that only took 25 days, but 8 tries.

Garrosh will definitely be the hardest raid boss if you have slow loading screens

Deleted
    I've only raided since DS so I can't comment on ever. But I'd say he's definitely the hardest normal mode boss I've fought definitely harder than some of the heroic bosses from tier 15. How that will translate to heroic I don't know. I'll tell you in about 3 or 4 months or maybe next expansion :P

MC Ragnaros is number 3 on that list, it's waaay above fights like Kae'lthas an M'uru. Nothing else need be said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    You're welcome to find an updated list/time-table that includes recent expansion heroic boss kills....I wasn't able to locate a more current one. /shrug
    Sorry I cant bother with trying to argue about a boss being hard mesured on how many days it did take to kill it /facepalm

Not even remotely accurate. Yes, gear design was a bit shoddy back then but it was what it was. Taking into account gear stating is part of the difficulty of raiding. Also, I can tell you for a fact player skill has changed very little over time. The only difference is the tools the players to have are more refined now, which ultimately makes raiding easier in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Until it takes longer than the bosses on this list, I'd doubt it.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/163...rld_first_list

It's still VERY early yet. A further breakdown from this link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2794651519

#1 Ouro - 87 days from the Twin Emperors' death. 26th April 2006.
    #2 C'thun - 86 days from the Twin Emperors' death. 25th April 2006.
    #6 High Astromancer Solarian - 59 days from Magtheridon's death (unlocking the Eye). 24th April 2007
    #7 The Four Horsemen - 56 days from Gothik's death to D&T's kill. August 25th 2006
    #13 Lady Vashj <Coilfang Matron> - 17 days from being unlocked. 29th March 2007
    #14 Leotheras the Blind - 16 days from Hydross' death. 4th March 2007
    #22 tied Sapphiron - 8 days from Four Horsemen dying. 2nd September 2006
    It's worth noting that of your list, these ones weren't 'hard'. Which kinda defeats the purpose of your "HAS TO BE ON THIS LIST" thing.

Hell, 1,2,6, and 13 were BUGGED and unkillable at release...

Leo and Saph required a large amount of resist, but wasn't hard.(I believe Leo was bugged as well...T5 was pretty darn buggy looking back)

And ofc the hardest thing about 4h was getting 4 warrior tanks with 4pc...

Quote Originally Posted by Darion View Post
    Not even remotely accurate. Yes, gear design was a bit shoddy back then but it was what it was. Taking into account gear stating is part of the difficulty of raiding. Also, I can tell you for a fact player skill has changed very little over time. The only difference is the tools the players to have are more refined now, which ultimately makes raiding easier in my opinion.
    Watch a Nef kill, or C'thun, then go back and watch a heroic siegecrafter kill.
    The skill is very, very much improved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    Sorry I cant bother with trying to argue about a boss being hard mesured on how many days it did take to kill it /facepalm
    Forum people are funny. I'm not *arguing* anything. I remembered a list, found it, and linked it. There is no other list like it that I am aware of or was able to find.

That was posted in answer to the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Please discuss. I'm curious as to how Garrosh ranks as it is taking some time for the top guilds to down him.
    We don't have any reports from a group of people with the diverse raiding experience required to accurately respond to the question because - duh - difficulty is subjective. Some guilds will struggle more on one boss than another.

No *argument* to it. Anything else in there was my opinion...which I'm entitled to, just like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    MC Ragnaros is number 3 on that list, it's waaay above fights like Kae'lthas an M'uru. Nothing else need be said.
    Firelands Ragnaros. Not MC.

Ragnaros HC was a beast. I mean, SoO has been out for what, a few weeks? almost 3 weeks? People think Garrosh is the hardest boss ever? What?
    Hi

I hate these threads because it's just a bunch of people who never raided in in Vanilla/TBC yelling about bosses being so much harder now. Honestly if you think four horsemen, Gothik, C'thun and others were easy, you clearly don't know what you're talking about

Until it takes longer than the bosses on this list, I'd doubt it.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/163...rld_first_list

It's still VERY early yet. A further breakdown from this link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2794651519

#1 Ouro - 87 days from the Twin Emperors' death. 26th April 2006.
    #2 C'thun - 86 days from the Twin Emperors' death. 25th April 2006.
    #3 tied Chromaggus - 74 days from Ebonroc's death. 25th September 2005.
    #3 tied Ragnaros - 74 days from Majordomo Executus' death. 25th April 2005.
    #5 Yogg-Saron, Alone in the Darkness - 70 days from Stars' first pull. 7th July 2009
    #6 High Astromancer Solarian - 59 days from Magtheridon's death (unlocking the Eye). 24th April 2007
    #7 The Four Horsemen - 56 days from Gothik's death to D&T's kill. August 25th 2006
    #8 Al'ar <Phoenix God> - 48 days from Magtheridon's death. 13th April 2007
    #9 The Lich King (Heroic 25) - 42 Days from Heroic Putricide's death (first pull). March 26th 2010
    #10 Heroic Al'Akir 25 - 36 days from Heroic Conclave of Wind's death. January 22nd 2011.
    #11 Kael'thas Sunstrider <Lord of the Blood Elves> - 31 days from Solarian's death (first pull). 25th May 2007
    #12 Magtheridon - 29 days from the first level 70 25-man raid. 24th February 2007
    #13 Lady Vashj <Coilfang Matron> - 17 days from being unlocked. 29th March 2007
    #14 Leotheras the Blind - 16 days from Hydross' death. 4th March 2007
    #15 Loatheb - 14 days from Heigan's death. 17th July 2006
    #16 tied Heigan the Unclean - 13 days from Noth the Plaguebringer's death. 3rd July 2006
    #16 tied Hydross the Unstable <Duke of Currents> - 13 days from Gruul's death (Unlocking Serpentshrine). 16th February 2007
    #16 tied Heroic Cho'gall - 13 days from Heroic Ascendant Council's death. 15th January 2011.
    #16 tied Heroic Nefarian - 13 days from Heroic Atramedes' death. January 9th 2011.
    #20 tied Archimonde <The Defiler> - 10 days from Azgalor's death. 9th June 2007
    #20 tied Gothik the Harvester - 10 days from Instructor Razuvious' death. 30th June 2006
    #22 tied Mimiron Firefighter 25 - 8 days from Ensidia's first pull. May 1st 2009
    #22 tied Sapphiron - 8 days from Four Horsemen dying. 2nd September 2006
    #22 tied Gruul the Dragonkiller - 8 days from Maulgar's death. 3rd February 2007
    #25 Reliquary of Lost Souls - 6 days from Gurtogg's death. 2nd June 2007
    #26 tied Kel'Thuzad - 5 days from Sapphiron's death. 7th September 2006
    #26 tied Kil'jaeden <The Deceiver> - 5 days from the opening of the third Sunwell gate. 25th May 2008
    #26 tied Sinestra - 5 days from Heroic Cho'gall's death. January 20th 2011.
    #29 tied Heroic Anub'arak 25 - 4 days from Heroic Twin Val'kyr's death. September 6th 2009.
    #29 tied M'uru. 4 days from the opening of the second Sunwell gate. 4th May 2008
    I wouldn't compare Garrosh to over half the bosses on that list.

Everything before wrath is like a totally different ballgame. Raiding was too different back then to compare difficulty between the two by how long it took to down them.

Not to mention how buggy and completely overtuned some bosses back then were.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    I hate these threads because it's just a bunch of people who never raided in in Vanilla/TBC yelling about bosses being so much harder now. Honestly if you think four horsemen, Gothik, C'thun and others were easy, you clearly don't know what you're talking about
    People aren't saying they were easy, they are saying recent bosses, e.g. Lich King, Ragnaros were just harder.

Re:

Watch a Nef kill, or C'thun, then go back and watch a heroic siegecrafter kill.
    The skill is very, very much improved.
    Well, to put it simply, as I stated above the tools players have in Raiding now have improved drastically. Saying that just because people have more refined tools to deal with more complex mechanics makes them better raiders is rather presumptuous. It's kind of like saying that because a four year old today has better tools to do stuff with that he's smarter than a Renaissance Historian, Philosopher or Scientist. In many cases, some of the modern Heroic Raiders are still the same people who were pulling World firsts back in WoTLK and they've simply switched Guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    that list only includes final bosses i think it could be argued that Heroic Spine of deathwing was one of the harder bosses
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    You have to remember that back in Vanilla, you could not get nearly as many attempts on bosses as you can now. The guilds these days are getting hundreds of attempts on some bosses. No way you could have consumables and stuff available to do that back in vanilla.

Also, the devs are much MUCH better at designing things now and making them challenging, yet doable. think about this, would Garrosh be ´better´ if the devs doubled his health? Nah, it would just be a trainwreck. Back then the devs were pretty off the mark as far as expected dps and stuff like that, so they more often then not just had too many hps for the boss and we called them ´harder´..
    I'll admit that I haven't played in vanilla and bc, but as far as I have heard (from an objective point of view) the quoted paragraph is true.
    I've only raided since DS so I can't comment on ever. But I'd say he's definitely the hardest normal mode boss I've fought definitely harder than some of the heroic bosses from tier 15. How that will translate to heroic I don't know. I'll tell you in about 3 or 4 months or maybe next expansion :P
    Garrosh normal was really quite tough for a normal endboss yeah. However perhaps it only feels that way because of how easy the first bosses in SoO were for us overgeared raiders.

that list only includes final bosses i think it could be argued that Heroic Spine of deathwing was one of the harder bosses
    Not really no.
    Spine of DW was unkillable before they did like two nerfs/hotfixes. Then it required insane class stacking and resto shammies in order to beat the gear check. And all this took only 6 days.

Don't get me wrong; HC spine was very hard compared to the rest of DS. In the end of the tier the difficulty was keeping the fucking raid alive. This wasn't easy at all.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2013-09-28 at 10:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    He is correct. The best raiders in the world are better than what they were in Vanilla or BC, hell the average raider is.

Anyway, way to early to tell.
    Well, it can go both ways, as in, it can have nothing to do with that. Vanilla was buggy as hell and before DBM or ptr testing for weeks before released on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    player skill have increased tremendously
    In terms of raiding? Absolutely it has. Time was, Patchwerk was considered a difficult and interesting boss fight. Now his name is invoked by elitists (and even the Blizzard developers themselves) to insult encounters that are considered to be... under-designed, to put it nicely.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"