Poll: Do you like/dislike Flex?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    doesn't matter. my server is dead and you couldn't scrape enough people together to go raid a farmhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    doesn't matter. my server is dead and you couldn't scrape enough people together to go raid a farmhouse.
    If I understand what connected realms are supposed to be, you're going to be fine.

"It gets better" :')

Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    I'm not worried, as I do honestly believe that LFR will either be reworked or completely removed next expansion. I get that vibe from Blizzard with their recent patches (HC Scen, Flex, Group Content). They seem to want to get away from this "queue with randoms, collect loot" business. Probably still some of it, just not as much. They're (very) slowly making a transition. Maybe even some server community inc?
    I can only hope theyre getting ride of this loot pinata thats only made the community and game as a whole worse than its ever been
    Whenever I start to think the community is turning a corner, tradechat is always there to prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy doing it but it seems like every group only takes 10 people and they have something silly like a 535 ilvl requirement. Makes it harder to find a group for it.

I think it isnt that most people thoroughly enjoy flex, its just that its so much better than trudging through LFR. Im lucky I tank cuz dps queues are awful. One thing I never understood is that if people are willing to wait a half hour for a queue and are willing to sit through up to 2 hours in just 1 LFR wing, how can they not have time to raid and see content normally? I guess their hyper busy lives where they just cant bare to spend a second ina raiding guild is better spent slogging through bosses in LFR SoO til 5 determination.
    Whenever I start to think the community is turning a corner, tradechat is always there to prove me wrong.

Way faster than LFR (5 hours 2nd-Wing vs 1 hour 2 wings) and tuned well for the intended crowd. I've mostly ran with larger groups, 17-22ish, but also had equal success with 8 or 9 people at ALL levels of gear.
    Stay salty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    Way faster than LFR
    Twice now ive sat for 2 hours trying to get into a Flex group with my 515 healer. Even with oQueue its 'must be ilvl 520+'. I'm on a mid pop server. Flex runs are rare. via oQueue i'll usually see 10 Soo runs but i haven't been accepted into one yet.

Im one of the people who hated when they introduced heroic raiding, having several difficulties for the same encounter is not equal more content for me. So flex was pointless for me.

To me they are slowly but surely destroying raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    Honestly think Flex should completely replace LFR. If the connected realms or whatever are a success, there's no reason not to make the transition. Would be a good start.
    I certainly don't hope that would be happening, we only have 1-2 pug flex raids going on our server on an avg evening, the few that do exist, they all just need 2xtanks, 2xhealers, and require people attending to have an ilvl of >540.

And our server isn't really even one of the low pop ones.

It might change with more people active with connected realms, but i really doubt it.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love it! Just the right thing to do in free time. Screw LFR.

Deleted
    Flex, unlike LFR, at least has some measure of accountability and potential to wipe (thus learn) if the fight isn't executed mostly well. LFR is an uninspired zerg fest where people move from loot pasture to loot pasture, endlessly grazing on free epics with no incentive to learn or see what real raiding is all about.
    People are also wiping in LFR and a lot with every new tier and they try to learn, at least for the moment.
    Don't look down on people.

Also again, Blizzard didn't made Flex for PUG but for small guild or middle guilds who don't have enough people.
    PUG just do Flex because they outgear it to have free loot otherwise they wouldn't ask for 525+ ilvl, ok ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it absolutely...I installed oqueue and have no problem finding a pug group. 3rd week of wing one and everyone knows the boss tactics and eecutes them well; we didn't wipe on Norushen anymore...just went in there and one-shotted everything.

The overall atmosphere in those pugs is nice, no harsh words as of yet^^.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigPapi View Post
    I think it isnt that most people thoroughly enjoy flex, its just that its so much better than trudging through LFR. Im lucky I tank cuz dps queues are awful. One thing I never understood is that if people are willing to wait a half hour for a queue and are willing to sit through up to 2 hours in just 1 LFR wing, how can they not have time to raid and see content normally? I guess their hyper busy lives where they just cant bare to spend a second ina raiding guild is better spent slogging through bosses in LFR SoO til 5 determination.
    The thing for me, isn't whether i can play 4-5 hours straight, but more an issue of when i can, some days it might be on a monday, other days it might be a friday, then maybe another week i can raid all days, while another none at all, and most raiding guilds have fixed raiding days, and do require some sort of minimum attendance.

Deleted
    I love it. Its a great addition to the game

It's a splendid addition. LFR is great, but it's nice it's no longer the height of my gear building.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarletpiston View Post
    Yeah lets go back to 5% or less seeing content in the game and the rest watching it on youtube, great plan for returning to those thrilling days before.
    It would be closer to 25% of top-lvl players in practice, and easily 100% of top-lvls in theory, given that it is very easy to find a group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Twice now ive sat for 2 hours trying to get into a Flex group with my 515 healer. Even with oQueue its 'must be ilvl 520+'. I'm on a mid pop server. Flex runs are rare. via oQueue i'll usually see 10 Soo runs but i haven't been accepted into one yet.
    If you were to create your own with, say, a 510 ilvl, you would most likely get a group up- whether or not it succeeds depends on your skill at quickly replacing pure bads (The 520 ilvl dps pulling 50k, the healer who only does 10k hps and goes oom 30 seconds into the fight, the tank who doesnt know when to swap), leading, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    You guys love it? Ya hate it?

Honestly since they've implemented it I haven't seen as many PUGS for raids going on since Wrath. The scaling technology is fantastic in each instance.

It feels like it's literally at the perfect level of difficulty between LFR and Normal.

Whatcha think?
    I haven't had a chance to try it yet (working on a temporary, shitty computer atm), but I'm really hoping that it may slowly rebuild some of what's been lost in the PUG community.

Apart from raid difficulty, LFR took out a lot of the "community" feel of raiding... And hopefully this will bring some of that back, and then lead to more quality Normal mode pugs.

Back in Wrath I'd do 25man PUGS every week, sometimes multiple times, for my alts, and the community was great for it. People knew people because they ran together (even outside their guilds) and it made for really fun runs every week. Hopefully Flex will help rebuild some of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    Flex is cross realm and you can use tools like oQueue and openraid to form groups.

On-Topic: It's great. I hope oQueue and Openraid get widespread recognition and no heroic or normal raider sets foot in LFR ever again, even on alts. Some people predict this will destroy LFR but I'm more optimistic and hope that people will step up and do the bare minumum thinking and DPS required for LFR instead of being afk carried through it.
    Last edited by mmoc0d1056ec69; 2013-09-29 at 12:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway, on Flex, its pretty great for my alts- instead of dragging them through farm content, I can now drag em through random flex's. Plan to get them all with at least the 540 weapons+trinkets, maybe tier set bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I like it. I take the guild in on trouble bosses and do them there first to build of their confidence.

However from a truly puggable aspect I do not like it because it seems to be littered with the same players that screw up LFR looking to be carried to free lewtz.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP