Poll: Do you like/dislike Flex?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is pretty cool overall, however I've had mixed experiences with it so far

Trade chat pug - roleplaying server, people were extremely nice and polite and discussed tactics with others, however......execution was horrendous, dps and hps as well, it is like they pressed random buttons or just did nothing most of the time.

Guild alt run - am a casual in a raiding guild so some of the raiders took their alts. Was okish, cleared it but with some issues because people sometimes are pretty bad at their alts, mostly because they try a completely different role. Tank playing a tank alt will always do better than a dps playing a healer alt for example

Oqueue addon pug - was...weird. We killed stuff after some wipes but no one spoke, ever. No one kicked the ungemmed unechanted bad geared ones or afkers either. I didn't leave because I was on my dps alt so finding a group is hard enough.... That not speaking part was really weird, like playing with robots. No responses to questions or whispers or anything >.<

I like it. It's more of a gift for pugs than guilds, as I said it would be. On the other side of the fence, it's gutting LFR, which is something that Blizzard will certainly want to address somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I like it. It's more of a gift for pugs than guilds, as I said it would be. On the other side of the fence, it's gutting LFR, which is something that Blizzard will certainly want to address somehow.
    I think a good fix for LFR would be to remove it and just mail a couple random epics to players each week. Same thing without the headache. You know, for those who don't have the time to raid.

It's not like most LFR'rs are doing anything with the gear anyway, why not just give it to them?
    Last edited by Louis CK; 2013-09-29 at 02:55 PM.

I dislike it just as much as I dislike LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i like it. Doin it weekly on my main and alt via open raid.

I like it, you definitely can't ignore most of the mechanics though. We run it with 20+ people in our guild and usually carry 4-5 other alts who need to get geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I think a good fix for LFR would be to remove it and just mail a couple random epics to players each week. Same thing without the headache. You know, for those who don't have the time to raid.

It's not like most LFR'rs are doing anything with the gear anyway, why not just give it to them?
    It seems as of theyre removing LFR, or atleast plan on slowly trying to, for the next expansion. It was a failed experiment. Subs are cut in half and people dont stay subbed as long as before. Flex isnt perfect but its miles better than the garbage LFR is.
    Whenever I start to think the community is turning a corner, tradechat is always there to prove me wrong.

I love it. You can not ignore mechanics, like you do in lfr. It is a very nice place to gear alts without having to boost dumbasses in LFR in process.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Twice now ive sat for 2 hours trying to get into a Flex group with my 515 healer. Even with oQueue its 'must be ilvl 520+'. I'm on a mid pop server. Flex runs are rare. via oQueue i'll usually see 10 Soo runs but i haven't been accepted into one yet.
    In fairness, half of my groups (15-22+ person range) were planned with 1-3 days notice. Some of my groups were formed randomly on the spot, generally closer to 10-15 people. I really should start using oQueue, but I've had no trouble forming or joining groups on my low-mid pop server (both factions). It's going to be a case by case depending on your server, connections, and general times you log in.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it. Wouldn't want to be a "flex only" type of raider, but it certainly is nice for the extra chance at decent gear especially for pieces that could be harder to get.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigPapi View Post
    It seems as of theyre removing LFR, or atleast plan on slowly trying to, for the next expansion. It was a failed experiment. Subs are cut in half and people dont stay subbed as long as before. Flex isnt perfect but its miles better than the garbage LFR is.
    Agreed. With the rise of Flex, LFR is like the ghetto of the community. While it was good for what it was for, with Flex now available, it seems like it will fill that gap a lot better than LFR could and keep the community-feel somewhat intact at the same time.

Love it, but haven't been able to do it as much as i wanted. Mostly guilds doing it on our realm it seems, and not so much pugging (RP-realm).
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Love it, but haven't been able to do it as much as i wanted. Mostly guilds doing it on our realm it seems, and not so much pugging (RP-realm).
    You can do it crossrealm as well. Might get you going a bit more in PUGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletpiston View Post
    Yeah lets go back to 5% or less seeing content in the game and the rest watching it on youtube, great plan for returning to those thrilling days before.
    LFR is sorta like watching youtube anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    LFR is sorta like watching youtube anyway.
    LFR is sorta like watching youtube anyway. With drooling assholes watching over your shoulder.

fixd**

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    You can do it crossrealm as well. Might get you going a bit more in PUGs.
    Yeah i know, but kinda wanted to do it on our own realm, since it's a nice way to get to learn new people. Got 2 new guildies and a couple of good players that way ^^

But it's probably what i end up doing for my alts, since i doubt i get the option to do it enough on that realm
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    Completely relevant to the point. Next time read the actual conversation instead of taking the post out of context...

"FLEX SHOULD REPLACE LFR"

"YEA LOL, BUT PEOPLE WONT SEE CONTENT"

"PEOPLE WHO CANT BE ARSED TO JOIN A FLEX RAID DON'T ACTUALLY WANT TO SEE CONTENT, JUST LOOT"

Meaning if people can't be bothered to join a Flex Pug, the argument that people won't see content is completely idiotic, because that means they don't actually want to. Flex takes maybe 10~ minutes on average longer to join and wait for a group to fill up than an LFR queue (at least DPS) on my server (remember connected realms? no more ghost realms).

I'm not worried, as I do honestly believe that LFR will either be reworked or completely removed next expansion. I get that vibe from Blizzard with their recent patches (HC Scen, Flex, Group Content). They seem to want to get away from this "queue with randoms, collect loot" business. Probably still some of it, just not as much. They're (very) slowly making a transition. Maybe even some server community inc?
    Thats funny as from what I have seen is that the core group of LFR still runs and the numbers have not changed much (based on blizzard tweets and such).

Where have they hinted that it might be removed or re-worked? (I can at least get an idea of some tweaks to it but I think LFR works fine as it is and just needs some QOL changes to help q times etc)

For the record I want to do flex at the very least in the not to distant future A) for a bit better of a challenge and B) dem Garry heirlooms pig sticker is coming to my DK as I missed out by one rank in Vanilla and cannot transmog the pig sticker we can buy atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Screw LFR it can DIAF (Die in a Fire), Flex is a more controlled Enviroment & I honestly hope Flex kills LFR or Blizzard turns LFR into a Raid Demo / Introduction with limited bosses & people will hopefully want to learn or become become better players. An strive to raid in Flex or Normals maybe even Heriocs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently unsubbed due to uni, but i got to try wing 1 and 2 SoO flex. all I can say is that I really like it even though i seriously won 0 loot across 3 toons with war seals included. However I only participated on guild runs because when i joined pure PuGs it's a guaranteed mess and wipefest... so far at least.

With Flex in place I felt much less obligated to run LFR which also pleases me.

I like it a lot. Difficulty overall is about where I expected it to be, I like that it can't be steamrolled.

Purely anecdotal, but I've noticed that LFR has been even worse than normal this patch, almost as if Flex has lowered the already staggeringly low average skill of LFR by removing the need for many of the more reasonably-able players to run it. I do Flex on my main, and LFR on a couple alts, and man is LFR a fucking disaster this patch.