Poll: Do you like/dislike Flex?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigPapi View Post
    It seems as of theyre removing LFR, or atleast plan on slowly trying to, for the next expansion. It was a failed experiment. Subs are cut in half and people dont stay subbed as long as before. Flex isnt perfect but its miles better than the garbage LFR is.
    You need to read a bit more. The devs have already said that Flex and LFR have two completely different audiances. Much more likely is that Flex replaces normal mode, but I doubt even that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You really haven't been paying much attention to the problems people are experiencing in LFR for SoO the first few weeks.
    Exactly this! Flex is not replacing LFR, it is "changing" LFR. I HOPE I will never run LFR again after the first few weeks! I will ONLY do Flex after some point in time.

Flex is "changing" LFR so that it's not as easy because of the amount of BADS, AND lower item levels, as a percent! So even if the tuning stays the same, it will be more difficult!

and..

YaY! I should NOT have to go into LFR and carry people! I'm totally fine with bads beating on each other in LFR for 5+ hours! I'm thinking that bads may learn something this way, even if it's just what they should not be doing! Get one toon some good gear, make friends, and learn! LFR generally does not teach anything positive!

I could totally not care less if you want to gear your alt in the most easy way possible while watching TV! I'm not in a heroic guild, but Flex has been the greatest thing for the game in years!

ATM that % up there ^ 76% are saying the same thing! Bliz I hope you are reading this!

Last edited by thatmikeguy; 2013-09-30 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    You need to read a bit more. The devs have already said that Flex and LFR have two completely different audiances. Much more likely is that Flex replaces normal mode, but I doubt even that is true.
    I know that they have mentioned renaming Flex to Normal (and presumably Normal to "Elite" or something) if it would make people feel better about running Flex.

If it were up to me, and it's not, I would remove heroic because it's such a tiny minority that do it that they don't matter, and it's pretty much just an e-peen contest anyways. I would just have LFR (for people who don't want to be organized), Flex (for groups that want more laid back content where they don't have to bench people) and Normal (for organized groups), maybe with a few Ulduar-style "optional hard mode" fights where appropriate (i.e. in some content not at all)

Even tho I'm always set on doing heroic raiding I think Flex is a brilliant addition and it's tuned pretty well (the scaling is a bit weird, running flex with 10 players is considerably harder on DPS/HPS requirements than it is with 20). It is what LFR should've been in the first place, but removing LFR is probably out of the question anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I know that they have mentioned renaming Flex to Normal (and presumably Normal to "Elite" or something) if it would make people feel better about running Flex.

If it were up to me, and it's not, I would remove heroic because it's such a tiny minority that do it that they don't matter, and it's pretty much just an e-peen contest anyways. I would just have LFR (for people who don't want to be organized), Flex (for groups that want more laid back content where they don't have to bench people) and Normal (for organized groups), maybe with a few Ulduar-style "optional hard mode" fights where appropriate (i.e. in some content not at all)
    I don't understand the reasoning with those who propose to remove heroic raiding. Just because you can't/don't want to do it doesn't mean there aren't plenty of people who enjoy it. This mentality is really no different than the elitist mentality you condemn.

You know you guys that are hailing the death of LFR actually sound more retarded than the actual people that do LFR themselves ?? If you despise LFR so much don't fucking do it ¬.¬ Dont hate on it and wish for its destruction. It has no affect on you what so ever if people enjoy/do it and crying about it is just........ sigh.

OT I love flex Adds another difficulty to gear up my toons. Blizz just keep giving us more and more. Love it.

EDIT: The start of my post applies to HC raiding too ¬.¬

I also like that Flex uses the same color scheme as normal loot. It's like they inentionally made LFR gear as ugly as possible for SoO, so my ability to grab OQ groups for flex lets me feel like a real boy with gear that looks legit.

if flex raiding had come out in wotlk, i would've been so happy as thats when my guild was most active, we had 15-20 people regularly show up for raids and would do 25 mans when we had 25 players, but often we had 15 or 18 and could only make 1x 10 man raid group and everyone else had to find other things to do, which kinda sucked. since then things broke down throughout cata and up until a 5.4 you'd be lucky to see more than 5 people on at the same time.

i've actually just managed to cobble together 10-15 guys from my guild who had stopped playing, to come back for some flex raids. the best thing about it, is not having to leave anybody out.

we can have 15 people signed up and all of them can go, if 3 dont show because of RL commitments, not a problem, we can still run. it's like having a 10 man group, but with the ability to invite the overflow who ensure you can always field a raid group. i always hated having to tell people that the raid was full, now unless we hit 25 people, that should never happen again.

our greatest worry now is not having 10 people to be able to get a raid going. rather than having too many and having to turn people away.

i love it. not only because of the people management and not having to turn people away, but also because there is no loot drama either, everyone gets their own rolls and it makes for a very stress free raid environment. raiding with my buddies is fun for the first time in years
    <insert witty signature here>

Nice to see good things written about flex, just started a new job where im away for 4 weeks at a time, and i had pretty much given up on pve, but now it'll be possible to raid outside lfr, which im pretty tired of. Cant wait to try it out when i get home

~Thanks to PaulDok for the awesome signature!~

Went in with a group first week, wipefest on immersus, cba to do that.

Same with LFR for that matter. And if feels kinda reliving to only do regular raiding, sure I'm gimping my char, but it's a lot more fun.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    You need to understand trends and read between the lines more. Theyve said time and time again that LFR isnt what they intended it to be. Now that Flex has gutted LFR of any decent player(who was typically called a try hard but the 50k scrubs in ToT), spending 3 hours in 1 wing is gonna lead to more LFR QQ. They literally cant make it any easier.
    Whenever I start to think the community is turning a corner, tradechat is always there to prove me wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    It's like they inentionally made LFR gear as ugly as possible for SoO, so my ability to grab OQ groups for flex lets me feel like a real boy with gear that looks legit.
    Wait, what? Personally, I think the LFR color schemes are quite nice for most items.

Probably the biggest advantage of Flex is that players who aren't good enough even for normals now can feel special, too, and look down on the oh-so-bad lfr-crowd
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-09-30 at 06:16 PM.

I love Flex like I knew I would.

Gives me the opportunity to raid just for fun and to have something to do without being locked out like 10man does. There have been so many times im previous tiers where I wanted to join a fresh group just to raid but couldn't because I had already cleared out all the raid bosses. Now with Flex I can join any of those groups at any time. It is much easier than normal, but i'm ok with that. It's also great because it gives you a second chance at drops that you fail to get in LFR, or replacements to LFR gear since it is more challenging than LFR and rewards better loot, but still not as good as normal, I think the system is good overall.

All in all, I love it. Hope they keep doing it for every tier. Honestly I'd rather they removed LFR and flex became the new lowest tier, because quite frankly it's annoying carrying bad people through easy content because they're too stupid to follow mechanics or do DPS above 50k. In flex you just boot out anyone who isn't at least trying. You don't have to deal with the trolls and afkers and morons like in LFR. It's unfortunate that LFR provides upgrades over TOT normal gear, not only in ilevel but in functionality as well. Even though my guild has already cleared siege on normal, we still have people running LFR every week, myself included, as well as flex to try to get specific drops. So unless we just stop caring about optimizing our characters for raiding, we always have to tolerate the bads and carry them through.

IMO LFR ilevels should always be below the normal mode of the previous tier. Even with all the heroic TOT farming we did, not everyone has their best heroic trinkets. It's really unfortunate.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Love it, though I'm disappointed by how so many people treat it as just '10man easymode'.

Or worse, the people that are calculating "Well, if we bring 14 people this fight will be 3.42% easier so we shouldn't invite any more."

I'd probably pug into a lot more flex raids if they aimed to include people, even though all i get is a little VP for repeating it.

Regardless, I'm gonna keep running 25man pugs on tuesdays til the virtual servers come and we hopefully have 25 ppl raiding on my server again.
    Nobody is calculating anything. The people that would calculate that are the ones that would breeze through it. Or not run it at all. You're making it up.

Seems to me that Flex gives the 'LFR' players that actually tried and cared a place to go and actually experience raiding, and yes it is raiding at an introductory level as opposed to 'LFR' which never felt like raiding. I did my first Flex pug through OQueue last week and enjoyed the experience. We didn't one shot everything, but our one wipe was discussed in terms of what went wrong and people corrected their errors on the next attempt. I won't do Flex a lot, but it is nice to have it for when I have a couple of hours on a free night.

I have no problem with LFR sticking around, but I see Flex taking a huge chunk of former LFR users out of the equation. I will gladly never run LFR again if things remain the way they are now.

Also, I now have the raid leader from my flex run as battletag friend, and have already been invited to do another run. Kinda brings back the old feeling of meeting new people and making connections to make your future end game more enjoyable. Missed that.

It should replace 10 and 25 man raids. Essentially those would be the same if you bring 10 or 25 people, but you can also bring however many you want. I say 10-40 players, a bit more difficult than flex is now, but maybe a bit less than normal difficulty. Honestly, it feels a lot like LFR to me, so I don't know why the ilevel is so much higher.

It's awesome if your group is a few short, you can grab some friends on another server to help. Or if you have a few guys who are locked for normal, but need some gear they can tag along and you can 12 man it or 17 man it or whatever. It seems to scale appropriately and I feel like it makes way too much sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it, its the exact difficulty my raid group needs. Normal was a tad too hard for us
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    One of the best additons to the game for a long time, its what LFR should have being. I can log on, and find a run quicker than any LFR que through openraid /Oque. a very nice level of difficulty, and allows guild social members to raid alongside core members.
    Its everything I wanted and more