SoO flex pugging advice.

I think i will attract alot of flame with this thread but i'm genuenly looking for advice. So about a month ago i started up WoW again after not playing for most of mop (hell, didnt play for most of cata either) and as an old time raider (raided current tier proggression from MC -> ICC) my primary interest is still raiding, i.e. pugs. I'm not intereted in lfr, i'd like to run flex runs since i have many alts but here's the thing, on my server (kazzak - eu) the avg ilvl requirement for a flex pug is around 525 and i can't figure out how to get there without doing lfr.... i mean a char will reach 505-515 like the day he dings between timelss tokens and a quick ToT run with 12 mogu runes but after that no idea, other than either the rng of camping rares all day for burdens and / or the rng (and mindnumbing frustration) of SoO lfr. And even then there's the problem of the achievement. Thoughts?

Deleted
    Well, do HC Scenarios for 516 gear -> 524. Also there's the reputation rewards from ToT. I think you wont get around doing either ToT with coins or camping rares for burdens.
    Also, the lack of achievement can be a pain in the ass, but if you are able to pull your weight and convince the raidleader that you are able to, you might get lucky at some point

Start your own SoO flex, or join a guild that will do it with you..
    Pugs always want to take people who pretty much overgear the instance to offset the chance of bad players and keyboard turners that join them just to be carried.. Nothing changed, at least since Wrath, in that respect..
    Also 525 is a good starting point for SoO normal (at least till Galakras), not flex so ye.... Start your own group..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Achievement Proving grounds gold should be enough imo. It shows you know what you are doing. About the gear either get 522 valor gear or ask some friends to boost you through flex since its 540 ilvl gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Start your own SoO flex, or join a guild that will do it with you..
    Pugs always want to take people who pretty much overgear the instance to offset the chance of bad players and keyboard turners that join them just to be carried.. Nothing changed, at least since Wrath, in that respect..
    Also 525 is a good starting point for SoO normal (at least till Galakras), not flex so ye.... Start your own group..
    It is true but this week I've done a flex with everyone above ilvl 540 and it was really fast and everyone knew what they are doing. Fast gear and valor if you ask me.

Deleted
    I don't see why this thread should attract flame. I guess I'll find out ;P

I personally haven't seen flex raids that require ilvl 525 or more. They normally are on 505 or 515 on my server. If you really can't find any, try to get into a guild that runs normals and hc's. When those do flex raids, they very often are able to bring in their socials.

Just lie. If you don't die constantly to stupid stuff no one will notice. And most people aren't going to armory you for a flex pug

I run a Flex with a requirement of 535+ because it's a Tuesday gear farm group, so yes, requirements really can be that high. And I do armory and lying will earn you a spot on my ignore list, so I don't recommend it. I'm also in a group run by one of my raiders where several of us use 530+ alts to help carry people around 500-505.

ToT normal can be run in cross-realm PUGs to help you get appropriate gear for running SoO Flex, which can also be cross-realm PUGed, so making cross-realm contacts can help you with both. I really recommend you try open raid (or maybe OQ, but I like open raid better).

Deleted
    Since Flex is cross realm, I'll offer you a free ride. I mean, most players who look to get boosted normally cries about entry level or requirements, so when there's an actual thread about getting advice, I think it should be rewarded lol.

Assuming you're lvl 90 and that your ilvl is around 515, that you bother to check the dungeon guide and have gems/enchants and aren't a completely mongoloid who stands in fire and dies, I don't mind bringing you. Send me a pm here on MMO for my battle tag and we'll sort it.

currently im at 508 or so ilvl. in the same situation on my horde mage. its kinda sad, most pugs are asking for 520 or higher.. yet i can still pull 120k sustained dps even with a lower ilvl. fully gemmed and enchanted. plus most timeless gear has laughable itemization so its whatever. best advice is to try and do lfr on tues. stock up on war seals and use them on flex gear or better. assuming u get into it. 528 gear is garbage compared to 540. a much better item to risk a coin on.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    I think i will attract alot of flame with this thread but i'm genuenly looking for advice. So about a month ago i started up WoW again after not playing for most of mop (hell, didnt play for most of cata either) and as an old time raider (raided current tier proggression from MC -> ICC) my primary interest is still raiding, i.e. pugs. I'm not intereted in lfr, i'd like to run flex runs since i have many alts but here's the thing, on my server (kazzak - eu) the avg ilvl requirement for a flex pug is around 525 and i can't figure out how to get there without doing lfr.... i mean a char will reach 505-515 like the day he dings between timelss tokens and a quick ToT run with 12 mogu runes but after that no idea, other than either the rng of camping rares all day for burdens and / or the rng (and mindnumbing frustration) of SoO lfr. And even then there's the problem of the achievement. Thoughts?
    You're kind of stuck in a tough position. 525 is fairly normal as a flex ilvl requirement. I see 515ish as more common, but i'm american so maybe it's an EU thing. You probably need to do some LFR plus HC scenarios and timeless farm to get up to it if you want to consistently get into groups.

Which sounds kinda shitty, but nowhere near the gear requirements expected to get into pugs back when you played (takes much less time). Otherwise your options are

A: Join a guild that isn't progression oriented and runs flex as a group or is progressed but runs flex with non-core raiders

B: Become familiar with the normal/heroic progressed guilds on your server and look for them when they run flex pugs. I'm in a heroic progression guild and sometimes we grab like 6 people from our guild and run flex while filling out the rest with pugs. We really don't care how good or bad you are cause we can clear it and carry you, just need to fill out player requirement to queue. We grab undergeared/inexperienced and bad players all of the time cause you really won't slow us down. Just want those spots filled. You are essentially getting carried, but you'll get flex gear obviously.

Check out oqueue or openraid for ToTand flex runs. I was really hesitant at first, but I gave oqueue a try this weekend and had three excellent groups. I signed up for openraid a while back, but it never seems that they have a run that I want when I want it.

OQ and openraid are also really good for getting Ordos/celestial/nalak/oondasta runs in. Those take practically no time and they probably all drop things that you could use.

Upgraded gear levels:
    Timeless Isle - 543
    LFR - 536
    Valor - 530
    H Scenario - 524

"I'm not interested in LFR," isn't really a good reason for not being geared. If you want to raid you should expect to do a little bit of work to gear yourself for it. Also, you can search openraid.us for raids with more lax gear requirements.

Download oQueue or use Openraid to get into pugs, I use oQueue all the time for grouping up for raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Just lie. If you don't die constantly to stupid stuff no one will notice. And most people aren't going to armory you for a flex pug
    I'd say this is a decent option, despite how bad it may look from the outside.