Deleted

25man in danger of being removed

blue post

seems the changes your making 10 man's are becoming worthless and second place to 25 man raids. how long b4 10 mans are gone
    10s are in no danger of going anywhere. 25s remain in danger despite the advantages you are worried about.
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2013-09-29 at 10:48 AM.

Deleted
    Care to elaborate.... ?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're misunderständing everything in this blue post. 25mans are still harder to organize and to find people for. That is why they remain in danger. Many people prefer 10mans for various reasons, be it less lag than in a 25man environment when you have a weak computer, preferring to play with a smaller group of friends to play with or just simply the fact that many raid leaders prefer herding a smaller flock of sheep, etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    source please
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    He's saying that 25mans are in danger of going away as less and less people are doing them not that they are going to stop creating 25mans.

Deleted
    That blue first said that 10mans is not in danger of going anywhere, while 25man is in danger

Overreact much? That blue was merely stating 25 mans remain unpopular which isn't a shock to anyone really since 10 man is easier to organise and has the same level loot as 25 man. Blizzard inflicted this themselves as soon as they moved from have different loot levels to the same loot level on 10/25 man. Personally I'm quite happy with 10 man for the simple reason it's easier to find 10 decent players and keep them playing than it is to get 25 and do the same (especially come end of expansion when people drift away because of the massive gap between last patch and new expansion).

>User: seems the changes your making 10 man's are becoming worthless and second place to 25 man raids. how long b4 10 mans are gone
    >Ghostcrawler/Blizzard: 10s are in no danger of going anywhere. 25s remain in danger despite the advantages you are worried about. (https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...69238718386176)

On my realm Lothar-EU there are only two 25 man raids left. One is 7/14 normal and the other where I am is 13/14 normal right now. So I understand if Ghostcrawler thinks that if that trend continues there will be several realms without a single 25 man raid. Why should Blizzard invest money and time in a raid format that seems to be doomed. I think the flex model will take over and replace the 10/25 man system. I say there will be lfr, easy-flex normal-flex and hardmode-flex in the next expansion.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-09-29 at 10:59 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    for the next expansion they should remove both 10 man and 25 man and just make one 15 man raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    >User: seems the changes your making 10 man's are becoming worthless and second place to 25 man raids. how long b4 10 mans are gone
    >Ghostcrawler/Blizzard: 10s are in no danger of going anywhere. 25s remain in danger despite the advantages you are worried about. (https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...69238718386176)

On my realm Lothar-EU there are only two 25 man raids left. One is 7/14 normal and the other where I am is 13/14 normal right now. So I understand if Ghostcrawler thinks that if that trend continues there will be several realms without a single 25 man raid. Why should Blizzard invest money and time in a raid format that seems to be doomed. I think the flex model will take over and replace the 10/25 man system. I say there will be lfr, easy-flex normal-flex and hardmode-flex in the next expansion.
    Honestly if they ever did that, I could see the raid community crumble & branch off into games like FF14 & Wildstar.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-09-29 at 11:47 AM.

Uh, no. The original question was stupid and stated that 10mans were dying, which is objectively just wrong. GC just stated the facts: it's 25mans that are declining, 10mans are stronger than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    for the next expansion they should remove both 10 man and 25 man and just make one 15 man raid.
    They said they would do that if they had it to do over again.

As many have pointed out, the danger with 25s is not that Blizzard will hurt them more, it's that Blizzard has hurt them too much already.

I'd be interested in trying WoW again if everything was five man. Not that I advocate that change, but it would work out great for me personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose if no one plays 25-man then at some point they're in danger of being removed. The argument that Blizzard should force people to play a raid format that they may not prefer is stupid. They can provide incentives and they can provide options. If people choose different options, then so be it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I would imagine that based on how successful flex raiding becomes that it is, potentially, the future of raiding and this is not too much to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Honestly if they ever did that, I could see the raid community crumble & branch off into games like FF14 & Wildstar.
    Based on the figures for the number of guilds that have killed Lei Shen on normal assuming all of them would leave you are looking at around 200k players.

Blizzard destroyed raiding, they could just remove 25-mans now, 10-mans and LFR later.

Blizzard removed so many things in the last 5 years. Constantly removing, but rarely adding anything to the game. Dumbing down continues. They removed stat after stat, talent trees, threat, class/race restrictions, heroic heroics. What's left of this once epic game, they will continue dismantling until nothing is left.

Don't troll
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-29 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    25 man raiding isn't be removed and since this is just a misunderstanding of a blue post I'm going to close it.