Mages and arcane explosion on immerseus.

Can someone explain to me where and why i should us arcane explosion on this boss i have seen it on the top dpsing mages and wonder where it would be effective. My toons name is kyliejoy on galakrond server us. Also if you seen any talents or glyphs that need to be changed please let me know thanks

Tom

because you aoe the black blobs

Are you perhaps looking at heroic kills?

World of Logs isn't showing both normal and heroic kills, but rather merging them together. You're most likely looking at heroic kills, as that's the only time you'd be using it.

The heroic version of Immerseus has only one different change but it makes it feel like a totally different fight. That being said I thought blizzard was *much* better than arcane explosion for the adds. The one down side is that you will have to move from time to time because of puddles underneath you, but I did this fight as arcane (seemed like the strongest spec) and blizzard let's you stay in your rune of power, but also, you don't have to worry about being to close to the adds and dropping too many puddles around the add tank.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONQUEST73 View Post
    Can someone explain to me where and why i should us arcane explosion on this boss i have seen it on the top dpsing mages and wonder where it would be effective. My toons name is kyliejoy on galakrond server us. Also if you seen any talents or glyphs that need to be changed please let me know thanks

Tom
    - Heroic spawns a ton of adds in the non-split phase
    - World of Logs doesn't have Heroic tracking atm, so all kills are considered Normal
    - You shouldn't ever AE during a Split unless you have a TON of black adds in a clump
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

tbh i ae and barrage on cooldown in that phase of immerseus. The fight is so incredibly stupid. you spend most of it standing around waiting for him to reform.

hopefully heroic is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    tbh i ae and barrage on cooldown in that phase of immerseus. The fight is so incredibly stupid. you spend most of it standing around waiting for him to reform.

hopefully heroic is better.
    If that's your hope then be prepared for disappointment.

But as had been stated already until world of logs is seperated into normal and heroic, you will continue to see trends like this ona few fights

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    If that's your hope then be prepared for disappointment.

But as had been stated already until world of logs is seperated into normal and heroic, you will continue to see trends like this ona few fights
    :< sadest panda. We should be starting heroics next week. Providing we get Garrosh down tonight in a 10m. I'm looking forward to hm Galakras and Dark Shaman most, I think.

Deleted
    Dark shamans is shit, worst hc fight of this tier (after thok, obviously) in 10m. Really easy if you have shaman healer also

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    Dark shamans is shit, worst hc fight of this tier (after thok, obviously) in 10m. Really easy if you have shaman healer also
    Guess you can't bypass that one with 3 tanks then lol, its a joke in 10m using 3 tanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

This thread has derailed from 1 question that got answered in the second reply and many times after that.. to randomness and even different bosses. Hence closed.