Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    There is no other mmo I can think of that let it's servers die and then charged the people that wanted to keep playing to leave the dead servers. I would say that's about the worst thing you could do to your customers. I would say about half the servers are pretty much dead at this point and they are still not giving out free transfers so those people can leave.

I am well aware of connected realms, it's a rather poor solution and bound to lead to either more people quitting or more people leaving those servers. No thought of faction balance with it at all. Does anyone really think taking two dead servers and merging them is going to make much of a difference at all?

Server transfers are far beyond what they should cost in the first place and they need to offer package deals on them. They need to give out a certain amount for free per year as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    There is no other mmo I can think of that let it's servers die and then charged the people that wanted to keep playing to leave the dead servers. I would say that's about the worst thing you could do to your customers. I would say about half the servers are pretty much dead at this point and they are still not giving out free transfers so those people can leave.

I am well aware of connected realms, it's a rather poor solution and bound to lead to either more people quitting or more people leaving those servers. No thought of faction balance with it at all. Does anyone really think taking two dead servers and merging them is going to make much of a difference at all?

Server transfers are far beyond what they should cost in the first place and they need to offer package deals on them. They need to give out a certain amount for free per year as well.
    I actually believe connected realms are overall viewed as a good thing to Wow by most of the people. Blizzard even stated that the reason they are moving faction imbalanced realms together (such as Horde and Horde ones) instead of trying to balance the ratio is it is easier for the playerbase, and I fully agree with them. A lot of people play on imbalanced realms for the ease of it on their faction. If they didn't like it, there are balanced realms to move to, however it is just best for two Horde dominated servers to be placed together to not upset that balance and create a new experience people on those servers. And yeah, moving dead servers together will make a difference. Look at CRZ, as much as people hate them, it does make the world more alive and you see people questing a lot more often.

Server transfers are a bit expensive though, that is true. But again, people pay it constantly so Blizzard has absolutely no reason to change it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    If we get all these people defending Blizzard non stop.... yes expect that we get $5 raids, but knowing Blizzard these days its more like atleast $20

We already pay enough sub for a month, its only disgusting to see them working on very fancy stuff thats only obtainable with real money. They could atleast make that fancy stuff obtaianble in game, instead of only real money...
    They already ask €20 for a mount, more like €60 for each raid. And yes, everything should be obtainable ingame, as we already pay a monthly fee. €20 for transfer and €25 for faction change is also too much, if Blizzard don't want people changing too much, add a cooldown on the account for the transfer, and on the server for the faction change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    They already ask €20 for a mount, more like €60 for each raid. And yes, everything should be obtainable ingame, as we already pay a monthly fee. €20 for transfer and €25 for faction change is also too much, if Blizzard don't want people changing too much, add a cooldown on the account for the transfer, and on the server for the faction change.
    If you want the price to go down, convince everybody to stop buying it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whirlingcloud View Post
    here is my opinion.

I would almost rather buy a game for 60 dollars than play wow. When I buy a game at Game Stop, I know what i'm getting. The game I enjoy now, I will enjoy in the future. Wow is different though. Over the years, the developers have slowly stolen away almost every thing that made the game I paid and continue to pay for fun and enjoyable. Considering I don't want an item squish, and with this being forced on everyone, regardless of consumer opinion, I feel that this is the final straw. I would rather buy another troy ounce of silver every month than continue to allow the developers dictate how I play the game I pay for. That's just not what I find acceptable.

As is my right as a consumer, I will not continue to pay fees to play a game that in my opinion has been destroyed beyond repair.
    well at least you're smart enough to not pay any more money for something you no longer enjoy
    i myself still enjoy wow and will continue to play for a while, but what i really don't understand, are the people who don't like the direction that wow is heading, or even hate it, yet they still continue to play it and complain about it while still giving money for it