Account-Wide Ignore In-game

I know this has been mentioned a hundred times, and I get the feeling it's not going to happen for some unforeseen reason Blizzard isn't telling us. Agree? Which is why I'd like to know why? The first thing I think of is maybe it's a technical hurdle to make it work, but with how much cross server technology and systems already in place it seems like making account-wide ignore would be an easy task to accomplish.

Another reason might be because of priorities. This being a core improvement to the game however seems like it would be a high priority right behind server merges and new patch content, so it still doesn't make sense why it's not in the game yet. Then again we all know Blizzard has been very reluctant to begin server merges, but why the same attitude towards account-ignore? What is it they don't want us to know?

Is it because they think if someone gets ignored too much they'll stop playing?

They had previously stated that if there were account-wide ignore, it would allow players to find out all of the characters that belong to that account, which apparently is a bad thing. Whether or not they still hold that mentality is unknown; the issue hasn't been raised in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    They had previously stated that if there were account-wide ignore, it would allow players to find out all of the characters that belong to that account, which apparently is a bad thing.
    Yeah, I imagine that could be used for the very wrong reason then by the wrong people and lead to even more harassment by the same jerk it was supposed to be used to block.

I dunno, at least an ip based block that won't reveal character names might help? Or an account-wide mute punishment, cutting off all chats/whisper, for people ignored repeatedly within a time frame.

What would happen if you knew all the characters on someone's account?

If you ignore the jerk and he ignores you to find all your characters to seek revenge, he can't. He can't get matched with your groups, can't chat with you, the only thing I can see is if he logs onto another account. In which case you can ignore that one too when he reveals himself.
    Last edited by Jacksquat; 2013-09-29 at 07:43 PM.

I'm honestly not sure; you'd have to ask Blizzard on that one.

And don't forget that you can submit a ticket / report him if he's harassing you.

I wonder how people could find out the characters thro ignore.

I heard it has something to do with the wow forums. And they show ignored player answers in their very reply. So if you ignore someone all characters you see ignored on the forums are his.
    Which is quite stupid tho, i dont see a big point in ignoring people on the forums. The replies to topics arent 20 second wonders, they last forever unless mods delete or the player deletes it.
    As far as i know you cant even private message on wow forums... i could be wrong, i dont use the forums that much... but i havent seen a place for private messages in there.

Account wide ignore should only work ingame. And forums to not be linked to that if they arent already.