Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Observer VS Fel IMP!

Every guide says use Fel on singletarget fights.. I really dont understand, ive tried both, and my IMP seems to be doing so much more damage than my observer.

Example, Iron Juggernaut..

Imp = 12 mill 5.35min
    Observer = 7 Mill 5.5min (with lash and everything)

Stood infront of boss in P2, so none of us got knocked away, both pets that is!
    My oberserver my have missed the debuff from melee (sunder armor thingie) What classes bring it? Other than warriors. We didnt have a warr!
    Last edited by Lupercus; 2013-09-30 at 12:30 PM.

Pretty sure observer scales better from debuffs / buffs and plus, you gotta include its auto attacks. That's just what I've heard though.

Deleted
    not sure if trolling, but...

...which guide says to use fel imp over observer? havn´t found one yet.

... it doesn´t matter how hard he is hitting. maybe he´s hitting harder then observer, but less frequently. DPS matters!

The only time to use the fel imp is when you switch target often due to the fact that the imp is ranged while the observer is not.

The observer may hit for less but has a higher dps on the target than the imp.

MMO guide, Icy Veins, supremacy with observer should include the best singletarget dps, it says..

Well, its just my logs thats saying (Skada) that the imp is doing overall more damage than the oberserver
    , And with the Demontraining glyph, the imp actually cast faster than the observer attacks..
    Last edited by Lupercus; 2013-09-29 at 08:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupercus View Post
    And with the Demontraining glyph, the imp actually cast faster than the observer attacks..
    Glyph doesn't matter because energy regeneration rate limits how many bolts your imp can cast during a fight.

Deleted
    imp has no autoattack...observer does

observer is doing more dps than imp

Example, Iron Juggernaut..

Imp = 12 mill
    Observer = 7 Mill
    oh boy...you know there´s somethign called DPS, meaning damage per second. Since you are comparing the damage of the same boss, regarding to a SKADA "log", I guess you´re comparing a whipe vs a kill (or another whipe)
    I don´t know if it´s even worth starting with basic maths here, but in a 2minute fight its sure that observer will do less damage then fel imp in a 5 minutes fight...just compare their DPS, not damage done
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2013-09-29 at 08:55 PM.

:/ Of course its 2 takedowns, did flex one time, tried observer.. fight lasted 5.5min, Observer did 7mill! (counted with lash and everything, all attacks)

Noted...

Next day, did Flex again. tried Imp did 12mill damage! 5.3min..

Thats why i think its strange.. And no my pet didnt die, or stayed passive for any of the 2 encounters.

Just how much of a dps difference is there between the observer and fel imp? The imp dispels fears and stuns off of you and gives you a 12% of your max hp heal over 12 seconds (only 30 sec cooldown), which you could macro in with your healthstone. I just feel like the minuscule difference in damage between the two pets plus the healing and utility of the fel imp make the fel imp the better choice overall.

Another option is the shivara who is semi ranged....knockback can be situationally useful though usually a better option in a 25m.

Knock backs suck and we hates them. We have a few players (Warlocks and Druids)who insist on spreading trash as far apart as they can.
    Even in PvP, Shivarras knockback seems really buggy.

:/ Of course its 2 takedowns, did flex one time, tried observer.. fight lasted 5.5min, Observer did 7mill! (counted with lash and everything, all attacks)

Noted...

Next day, did Flex again. tried Imp did 12mill damage! 5.3min..

Thats why i think its strange.. And no my pet didnt die, or stayed passive for any of the 2 encounters.
    You realize that you're talking about a boss with a very powerful knockback, right? Your observer is getting punted out of melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranica View Post
    You realize that you're talking about a boss with a very powerful knockback, right? Your observer is getting punted out of melee range.
    Knockback and depending on positioning after returning from that knockback your pet could be out of range for you to get combat log info for it.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Every lock in my guild tried every pet extensively on live in ToT on a bunch of fights and no matter how many times we tried imp was ALWAYS ahead in dmg.

Guides for some reason beyond me say to use observer but even in a patchwerk situation imp was consistently outperforming observer for us. Remains true to this day, I think simcraft must not account for something scaling wise with the imps or somethings fishy on live because they always do significantly more dmg when the pets arent supposed to be that far apart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehead View Post
    Glyph doesn't matter because energy regeneration rate limits how many bolts your imp can cast during a fight.
    It does matter sometimes! If you need to burst an add down quickly you stop the imp from attacking so it pools energy, then it can dump it quicker with the glyph. I thought this was standard play for all warlocks?! #teammicro

Maybe not.

I find this a bit funnier than I should. Everything says:
    GO AFFLICTION OBSVERS TOP DIPZ.
    Some people claim Destruction Fel Imp beats the living shit out of it.

Due to the limited time, there's not really all that much we can do of real life testing so this might actually be true. However logs of this claim would be nice :P not even in a sarcastic way, I want to know what's happening!

Deleted
    In sims, yeah observer is above.
    But imo, the fights favour the imp :

Immersus : Imps turns around and fires, observer has to run between middle of room and edges
    Protectors : Imp hands down. too much target switching etc, which would cause the observer to run a lot
    Norushit : I can observer here, np.
    Sha : Observer
    Galakras : Pets keep trying to climb the tower here, but i'd still gor for imp given the amount of target switching
    Iron Jugg : Seen people in this thread go imp, i don't see a reason to, unless the imp actually pushes more out. straight up patchwerk.
    Dark Shammies : Imp. target switches
    Nazgrim : Could observer and just leave him on the boss / send to adds. The interupt can be handy. No real winner imo here.
    Malkorok : Observer
    Spoils : imp
    Thok : I wanna say Felguard ^^ but haven't tried demo since the anihilation.
    Blackfuse : Imp
    Paragons : Imp
    Garrosh : Leave observer on boss / imp on assist (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post

Immersus : Imps turns around and fires, observer has to run between middle of room and edges
    Protectors : Imp hands down. too much target switching etc, which would cause the observer to run a lot
    Galakras : Pets keep trying to climb the tower here, but i'd still gor for imp given the amount of target switching
    Iron Jugg : Seen people in this thread go imp, i don't see a reason to, unless the imp actually pushes more out. straight up patchwerk.
    Dark Shammies : Imp. target switches
    Nazgrim : Could observer and just leave him on the boss / send to adds. The interupt can be handy. No real winner imo here.
    Blackfuse : Imp
    Paragons : Imp
    By the same logic of leaving the pet on the boss, you could use observer on siegecrafter blackfuse as well.

Just passing through, Fel Imp is always outdpsing my observer.
    On every fight, with of without KB, and accounting every source of the observer's damage.

I always use the imp now, even if I don't have explanation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post

Protectors : Imp hands down. too much target switching etc, which would cause the observer to run a lot leave observer on one boss, since you can tank rook and suu next to each other. one of them will be always there)
    Iron Jugg : Seen people in this thread go imp, i don't see a reason to, unless the imp actually pushes more out. straight up patchwerk. Imp, because of the knockback or observer if the bosses back is facing a wall
    Dark Shammies : Imp. target switches no need for the pet to switch targets. leave it on one boss
    Blackfuse : Imp as long as you´re not killing his weapons, leave it on the boss
    Paragons : Imp once again, on the boss. the only time when you could lose some dps is during the charging guys kill phase
    @Lupercus: I would also ask for logs regarding to Imp pulling more DPS. You can´t just come here and say it does more DPS just by posting two numbers, even my grandma could do that
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2013-09-30 at 10:19 AM.