Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    "Outplaying" doesn't matter in the race to world firsts. World Firsts are all about exploiting and cheating as much as possible within the allowed limits. If class-stacking, saronite-bombing, LFR-queing Western guilds get recognized for world firsts, then so does killing Garrosh with higher-ilvl items in my book.

World first is world first. Take it up with Blizzard if you don't like what they offer to Asian realms, but it's 100% legit.
    None of your examples make any sense at all.

Class stacking on HM Nef was a failure of Blizzard's mechanics, not any sort of exploiting or cheating. They did the boss exactly as he was supposed to be done just with more Druids than most people would think to use.

Saronite bombs on Lich Kings weren't recognized as a world first. The achievement was stripped from them and they were suspended.

World First guilds don't queue for LFR.

Whoever wrote the post forgot the include the "World First" in the title and in the post itself.

world first is still world first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trademark in Europe Too.

SCOOP: http://ocodex.com.br/blog/?p=24034

Second expansion in a row where an Asian guild has come out of nowhere and snagged the world first kill on the last tier of the expansion. It's an invasion!

world first is world first, even if they had an unfair advantage, they are still the first in the world and unless you go back in a time machine, it will continue to be world first.

Heroes of the Storm sounds very much like a Hearthstone expansion. Given that TCGs necessarily need a lot of them, I'm not surprised they are preparing for the expansion before the game is even out. For comparison: Magic the Gathering releases about FOUR expansions every year (2 big 2 small).

Quote Originally Posted by dalch View Post
    Whoever wrote the post forgot the include the "World First" in the title and in the post itself.
    They forgot nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Heroes of the Storm sounds very much like a Hearthstone expansion. Given that TCGs necessarily need a lot of them, I'm not surprised they are preparing for the expansion before the game is even out. For comparison: Magic the Gathering releases about FOUR expansions every year (2 big 2 small).
    Eh don't predict the game having a healthy enough live span with the horrendous prices to worry about expansions too much. I mean, its blizz. They can hardly balance to begin with. I don't want them getting More cards to attempt their act with.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    World First guilds don't queue for LFR.
    they did when it was released with DS you could cue lfr with 25 people essentially guild run it funnel gear to people (trinkets 4 sets) run it agian funnel gear to next person and then trade items....basically my main your main run lfr your main wins a trinket now not elligable to loot my alt your main run same boss i win the teir peice from boss you got trinket i trade you teir peice....thats what some guilds did
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats to them on the world first heroic Garrosh kill.

Did they beat the US/EU guilds on the kill? No I dont believe they beat them in anything, they cant beat them with the client Blizz gave to them. . .I dont believe China can ever be considered part of the race to kill anything with EU/US. . .because they have their own set of rules that don't apply to the rest of the world. .

That being said. . .doesn't change the fact that they still got the world's first kill :/ The race is still on for the rest of the world between EU and US guilds (China will never be part of that race until their lockouts get changed to be the same as the rest of the world)
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass

Deleted
    I'm not going to count this as a world first. For me, the race is between Method, Paragon and Blood Legion etc. Atleast they have the real client of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Obby View Post
    they did when it was released with DS you could cue lfr with 25 people essentially guild run it funnel gear to people (trinkets 4 sets) run it agian funnel gear to next person and then trade items....basically my main your main run lfr your main wins a trinket now not elligable to loot my alt your main run same boss i win the teir peice from boss you got trinket i trade you teir peice....thats what some guilds did
    They were also stripped of any gear gained that way too.

Why the hell blizzard help them to gear up faster and do 2raids each week. I bet they want there monneys.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    They were also stripped of any gear gained that way too.
    ^ yea forgot about that oops xD lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    Why the hell blizzard help them to gear up faster and do 2raids each week. I bet they want there monneys.
    Well. . .Blizzard IS a company, companies generally want "monneys" last I checked
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    That is why they did it. They pay per play in china, not monthly.

What the hell are the majority of the players in that screenshot riding? Some kind of spikey tiger? Reminds me of the old sketches for the Worgen mount, and really doesn't look like that Garrosh Wolf mount, at least that I remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    What the hell are the majority of the players in that screenshot riding? Some kind of spikey tiger? Reminds me of the old sketches for the Worgen mount, and really doesn't look like that Garrosh Wolf mount, at least that I remember...
    You get a wolf for killing him.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is no fair game in WF at all.
    For example, normal raid progressing at the beginning of the patch US guilds stars earlier, and pretty much finishes whole thing before EU guilds even have a chance to log in.
    So yea, those asian dudes killed it first, and yes, they used all those advantages they had. Why shouldn't they? It's not like US guilds waiting for EU guilds in a race.
    Whole thing is stupid and should be treated as region/raid size specific. But I guess butthurt feelings cloud all judgement.