Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    (...)

Perfect post. Proves that the 'world first' is first people have to quality their statement with 'official servers', which means that they also require qualifications and aren't looking for 'pure first' like they claim.
    Doesn't change the fact that world wide, it was the first guild to kill Garrosh in a legit way... It's Blizzard's World of Warcraft, not someone else modified version of the game.

Asian realms have slightly different rules, such that really benefit them in getting World First. That doesn't change the fact that
    1) They didn't cheat
    2) They will be, on record, the first guild to down Garrosh in the whole World.

Did they have more gear?
    Doesnt matter... If it did, them should we consider the world first in West the guild who downs Garrosh with the lowest ilevel? Of course not.

First is first.

Is "Western's first" more difficult than World's First? Sure... That's why they should value this title more than World's First. :P

The moderator doesn't want to acknowledge the Asian guild being the first guild in the world to kill heroic garrosh so what their lockout is different and they switch to 10 man but the didn't cheat so they got it it is down in the record books deal with it the other guilds will not get world first just their nations first

They need to just make it one game, same rules for all. All these *'s over who won in what region really diminishes the spectacle of this race that so many enjoy to follow.

Ohwait, the Chinese pay per hour so this system means more money, so I guess a level-playing field World 1st Race won't happen.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    You cannot say for 100% if 10 is harder than 25.
    Well we can say for 100% certainty that 25m is 8% harder (in terms of hit points and damage) than 10m. They are raiding like it is WotLK where you would typically see people farming 25m to kill 10m LK because he was easier. They killed the easy mode version of the boss. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    You seem to have forgotten that Asia's 10man difficulty isn't different than Western's 10 man. Only 25man is more difficult in Asia compared to West.

Wait, no. I'm pretty sure you were just 100% ignorant of that fact.

"A" for effort, I guess.
    "A" for effort. But When you are consistently farming 25 man for higher ilvl drops (and higher chance of Warforged) and you get double lock outs, how does that not make their version of 10 man easier? Guess you are just 100% ignorant of the fact that gear makes things easier.

The West hasnt had 12 lock outs yet.

Quote Originally Posted by phelioz View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that world wide, it was the first guild to kill Garrosh in a legit way... It's Blizzard's World of Warcraft, not someone else modified version of the game.

Did they have more gear?
    Doesnt matter... If it did, them should we consider the world first in West the guild who downs Garrosh with the lowest ilevel? Of course not.
    Legit way, sure. Asians wanted this game play. They must accept they wont be eligible for these races. Private servers are a modified version of WoW. They dont count.

Its not only gear. Theyve had essentially 12 weeks of playing this patch where everyone else has had 3. Thats 9 weeks of extra gear. More attempts at each boss getting them on farm making getting to Garrosh easier.

Congrats on getting the first kill. World First is still yet to be decided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yumisara View Post
    Until Asia isn't apart of the world, it's still a World First. IMO.
    Stop complaining people.
    Until asia is playing a different game from the rest of the world, it's stil--- oh wait, they are playing a different game. This is far less comparable to the west than 25 is to 10.

You don't consider people who use performance-enhancing drugs to be the winners of a race. It's unfortunate that asia realms don't get to choose here - they are forced into this position. You cannot look down on them for it, however it is simply not the same as doing the fight without a huge gear advantage.

Thanks to Geekissexy for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Kolz View Post
    Until asia is playing a different game from the rest of the world, it's stil--- oh wait, they are playing a different game. This is far less comparable to the west than 25 is to 10.
    pretty much this. we aren't both playing World of Warcraft v5.4xxxx, US/EU are playing a different version than Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    World First is still yet to be decided.
    Nope, sorry. World first has already been decided. The term you're looking for is West first. Now if you would like to consider that more important that is your decision. Personally I consider realm first to be more important to me because I'm competing in that. That does not mean I diminish any other guilds hard work and achievements.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't consider people who use performance-enhancing drugs to be the winners of a race. It's unfortunate that asia realms don't get to choose here - they are forced into this position. You cannot look down on them for it, however it is simply not the same as doing the fight without a huge gear advantage.
    1. Using the athletes who cheat analogy doesn't apply here. Those athletes choose to cheat. There is no cheating involved here. Blizzard is giving them an advantage, it is what it is.

2. They're not playing another game, they are playing a licensed product from Blizzard called World of Warcraft.

3. Also the analogy that others have used of private servers. Again, that is not a licensed Blizzard product and it is considered cheating. You guys really need to work on your analogies.

What about jamaica competing in the olympics for bobsled? It's not fair that places like russia and canada have easier access to snow and facilities. They have an advantage so would you consider their gold medals cheating? Nah that's a stupid analogy too. We need some analogy masters in here.

You can make analogies for and against this til you're all blue in the face.

Facts are facts.

They have the clear advantage and should never be considered in the race for worlds first.

Arguing back and forth is an awesome use of your time though...so continue.

Deleted
    Lol wish I had some 575 epics. Congratulations.

The Trial of Garrosh will no doubt be somewhere in the future. Pig barns, shovel, lifetime servitude his final fate mayhap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    1. Using the athletes who cheat analogy doesn't apply here. Those athletes choose to cheat. There is no cheating involved here. Blizzard is giving them an advantage, it is what it is.
    Rofl. Do you think that the CHOICE to cheat is what invalidates competitors? It's the advantage that invalidates it. If their trainer started spiking their drinks or whatever without telling them, they would still get DQed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    2. They're not playing another game, they are playing a licensed product from Blizzard called World of Warcraft.
    So are players with GM powers who can fly around and cast touch of death on anything they want. If one of them posted up a screenshot of the boss dead, would we be expected to take that as part of the race with US/EU?

Thanks to Geekissexy for the signature!

Gratz to them for being better than other asian raid teams. It's too bad they have an advantage.

I find it funny that some are arguing that a world first kill is first no matter what and anything else doesn't matter.

If you really believe that then the actual world first Garrosh kill was in the first week when guilds cleared Normal. Just because Normal is easier doesn't mean it isn't first, right?

Asians say world first
    American/canadians say no
    Europeans say no
    Mexicans dont care

life ^
    yolo

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Provide proof of this.
    I'm just as lazy as you, so i go with "provide proof of the opposite"
    Know why? Because blue posts several times has said they tried to balance them, and i don't feel for feeding lazy people like you with it :P

Go fucking research instead of wasting my time with you being lazy, while you at the same time provide pure false info, and then try to pretend you know fuckall, while even saying others are wrong.
    The difference between you and me is that i read the blue posts and you didn't
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Method killed garrosh wf!

Method just killed Garrosh for the real world first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    Method just killed Garrosh for the real world first.
    yes, they ruled the world. They Outplayed the Chinese bastards, with less gear.
    Europe > Rest

Deleted
    GZ Method on WF 25 man.

Rofl. Do you think that the CHOICE to cheat is what invalidates competitors? It's the advantage that invalidates it. If their trainer started spiking their drinks or whatever without telling them, they would still get DQed.

So are players with GM powers who can fly around and cast touch of death on anything they want. If one of them posted up a screenshot of the boss dead, would we be expected to take that as part of the race with US/EU?
    What part of they are not cheating do you not understand? As for players with GM powers I have no clue what you're on about.

Congrats star for world first heroic garrosh and 10 man heroic world first
    Congrats method for world second heroic garrosh world first 25 man heroic
    Congrats blood legion world third heroic garrosh world second 25 man heroic
    Congrats paragon world fourth heroic garrosh world second 10 man heroic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    Betting that Heroes of the Storm is a Blizzard DOTA rename
    Yep, my same thoughts ..."The Dark Below" still WoW's next expansion.