10+ Year Old Account

Thoughts on LFR for 5.4

So I grouped with like 4 other guys from my guild for LFR the other day and as we're running through it watching wipes to Dark Shaman, General, Norushen etc. it occurred to me I was only still running LFR because it had been engrained in me to run it every week at the begging of a tier to augment the gear from our normal raids but with the addition of Flex ilvl 540 vs. LFR ilvl 528 I have no real reason to run LFR anymore as all my gear is already 530+. This made me overjoyed as now I don't have to put up with tanks showing up saying 'ok so what do I do here', dps pulling 50k and healers just afking fights. While this is great for me, I think the addition of flex might mean an even faster downslide to the quality of players in LFR. I am by no means elite and am still only 10/14 normal but I feel there is already an exodus of competent players from LFR making a serious impact. Anyone else see this as a potential byproduct of the addition of flex and the ilvl difference in the two?

Yeah, there's no reason to do it, other than for a laugh. Now that they've added Flex aka LFR+, the people that get annoyed with LFR and somewhat know what they're doing, can finally stop doing it and be done in less time than it takes to do LFR overall.

The funniest thing is that timeless gear is 535, and LFR gear is 528, it doesn't make much sense. I think they're just trying to phase it out, but who knows, as long as subs keep dropping, more options will be showing up, that's the reason Flex was added, after all.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2013-10-01 at 12:50 PM.

Different people have different experiences, but my queues were long... damn long. Considering you can gear up in a couple hours on timeless isle there should be plenty of people who can run it. This will only get worse as time goes on. People who are there just trying to fill a couple problem slots like trinkets can now do flex and LFR if they desire basically halving the time it takes them to outgear LFR. It should be interesting to see how it plays out, but considering how bad it is now with some people still going in to try and fill gaps I am dubious it will get much better. Sure people will learn the encounters more as time goes on, but I think you will vastly fewer people who outgear the content running LFR anymore.

this topic is new and brings to attention subjects still untouched by the community.

INFRACTED: Post constructively and relevant to the topic, please. -Nobleshield

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    I think they're just trying to phase it out, but who knows, as long as subs keep dropping, more options will be showing up, that's the reason Flex was added, after all.
    I don't know if they're going to phase it out because then it pretty much will limit the amount of people seeing the content, as was the issue before LFR but I believe they are realizing the myriad of issues that have popped up with LFR. Though I think the addition of Flex has done nothing but hurt LFR as now you no longer get those skilled players to enter LFR anymore, now its just a melange of new players, mouth breathers, afkers and trolls.

Deleted
    With the flex added LFR is nothing but a means to understand tactics on the bosses.

Majority of raids I've done LFR wise people have failed on Galakras and left after the first wipe making it stupidly hard to get anywhere. And even then once you've finally killed the boss after god knows ho many stacks of Determinations, in the end all the majority off the raid will get is gold, hile three lucky peeps get their gear, or Gear they don't need.
    Last edited by mmoc1f981dfbda; 2013-10-01 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    I don't know if they're going to phase it out because then it pretty much will limit the amount of people seeing the content, as was the issue before LFR but I believe they are realizing the myriad of issues that have popped up with LFR. Though I think the addition of Flex has done nothing but hurt LFR as now you no longer get those skilled players to enter LFR anymore, now its just a melange of new players, mouth breathers, afkers and trolls.
    Yeah, the quality obviously went down because the guilds the previously did LFR are now doing Flex instead. They're just adding more alternatives to try and accomodate more people.

I really don't see the point in doing it though, given the fact that Flex is better in every way. The only thing that sucks is when you join a flex raid and you get some LFR quality 50k dps that just holds the group back, but they're usually kicked pretty fast, depending on the group.