Thread: Malkorok Heroic

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Malkorok Heroic

Hello.

After knocking down Galakras/Jugger/General down in one raid, we are looking to put a few tries into Malkorok tommorow.

Next reset we are aiming to get Dark Shamans+Malkorok down, so abit of practice shouldn't hurt.

Anyway.

I looked at a few videos, and one thing that caught my eye was the way many guilds deal with his Blood Rage phase - By having a monk soak all the dmg.

Would this be possible to do with a DK or a Prot Pala? I assume the only viable option would be to try having the pala keep

SoR up, while having Guardian of Kings - but I am not even sure this will be enough?

Any hints/tips how to deal with this, without having to stack (it makes the whole fight easier, that you can actually soak orbs).

Or could both tanks work?
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2013-09-29 at 10:06 PM.

i thought people just had both tanks soak? the blood rage i mean.
    Btw pally bubble = amazingggggggggggg for clearing orbs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    i thought people just had both tanks soak? the blood rage i mean.
    Btw pally bubble = amazingggggggggggg for clearing orbs
    That could prob work aswell! Dunno why that didn't cross my mind.

We stack the raid and outheal with raid CD's, while one tank runs around clearing every single orb in the room up with a dedicated healer (disc priest) to keep him alive. Clean room, easy .
    Prot pally might be able to solo-tank blood rage with holy avenger and full uptime on SOTR.
    Quick napkin math, bloodrage hits for 6.7M physical per hit before mitigation.
    60% reduc from armor makes it 0.40*6.7=2.68M.
    50% reduc from SOTR makes it 0.50*2.68=1.34M.
    Not sure if prot paladins have more passive damage reductions aviable, but can add another 20% reduc from chaining DP/Ardent defender, and have GOAK up for half of it which makes the half easily surviveable. Probably need externals (Hand of sac, pain supp, ironbark) for the part where there's no guardian, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    We stack the raid and outheal with raid CD's, while one tank runs around clearing every single orb in the room up with a dedicated healer (disc priest) to keep him alive. Clean room, easy .
    Just to add to that; it doesn't really have to be a tank clearing the room. We for example just have all of us hunters (2-3) running around, deterrencing if it's up but otherwise just eating the damage. There's plenty of raid-CDs rolling to keep us up. I've never been in danger of dying at least.

Pretty sure there's a kill video of our first kill somewhere, too. Feral PoV though.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa View Post
    Just to add to that; it doesn't really have to be a tank clearing the room. We for example just have all of us hunters (2-3) running around, deterrencing if it's up but otherwise just eating the damage. There's plenty of raid-CDs rolling to keep us up. I've never been in danger of dying at least.

Pretty sure there's a kill video of our first kill somewhere, too. Feral PoV though.
    We've got one from the tank eating the balls here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXECyECbiJ8 (check 2:30).
    We couldn't abuse paladins/monks to single-eat the cleave phase due to warr+DK tank setup, so I don't think we would have done well if we had 5 people running around soaking balls and needing singletarget heals, while the main raid was getting fucked over by the cleave =P. That said,it is indeed another way to do it.
    Also, anything but hunters would lose a huge amount of dps running around soaking balls... And even then, hunters in deterrence does no damage, either. Tight race for some, and using multiple soakers during cleave adds to that.

We killed this boss by using a monk solo soak all the cleave dmg. Original tanking setup was Pala/druid, but it is so much easier to let a monk take all the dmg due to Zen med not breaking by the cleave, which means he take almost no dmg for 8 seconds. Then during that time our other tank + other classes could easily clean up the whole room without no problem.

10man btw.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No idea if you're 10m or 25.......if you're 25 no doubt you can just cheese the fight by having everyone stack up and utilizing all the raid cd's you have available, if you're 10m well you're actually going to need to do this fight properly. A monk tank helps a lot, due to solo and the dmg, but basically having people that aren't braindead helps a lot too, we managed to get to 9% as our best try tonight and never got close to that for the rest of the night.

So yeah, good luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Hello.

After knocking down Galakras/Jugger/General down in one raid, we are looking to put a few tries into Malkorok tommorow.

Next reset we are aiming to get Dark Shamans+Malkorok down, so abit of practice shouldn't hurt.

Anyway.

I looked at a few videos, and one thing that caught my eye was the way many guilds deal with his Blood Rage phase - By having a monk soak all the dmg.

Would this be possible to do with a DK or a Prot Pala? I assume the only viable option would be to try having the pala keep

SoR up, while having Guardian of Kings - but I am not even sure this will be enough?

Any hints/tips how to deal with this, without having to stack (it makes the whole fight easier, that you can actually soak orbs).

Or could both tanks work?
    We all stack and have the offtank run around the whole room clearing almost every orb. Our Holy pally does a little clearing if needed. That's about it.

BrMs (stacking mastery) and prot pallies (SotR and many personal cooldowns) should be able to solo Blood Rage. Other tank classes might be sketchy because it ignores armor and avoidance.

10 man guild here

We had 4 hours worth of tries on him today, we have our Drood tank solo soaking (He has Rook's Talisman(?) AoE trinket reduc.), and just roll cd's on him when needed, cocoon, demo banner, Rallying Cry etc. While the rest of us clear the room.

Though that is not the hard part, far from it. You'll have people dying left and right all the time because of Essence of Y'shaarj or Breath of Y'shaarj. Other than that it's just dps check, if you have a monk tank I'd say go for 3 man healing. You can manage the enrage timer still.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    No idea if you're 10m or 25.......if you're 25 no doubt you can just cheese the fight by having everyone stack up and utilizing all the raid cd's you have available, if you're 10m well you're actually going to need to do this fight properly. A monk tank helps a lot, due to solo and the dmg, but basically having people that aren't braindead helps a lot too, we managed to get to 9% as our best try tonight and never got close to that for the rest of the night.

So yeah, good luck.
    Excuse me, stacking up and using raid CD's is "cheesing" it? That's... Kind of hilarious. That is by FAR the harder way to do it. "Cheesing" it, is making something easier through something that is clearly un-intended, or simply encounter breaking - EG, letting a tank solo all the cleave damage that clearly is supposed to take an entire raid to soak up. Likewise, in 10 man, any tank class should be easily able to solo the blood rage through personal CD's/whatever you might have of single-target CD's (unless you have a shaman/mistweaver setup with no ret paladins, I guess). 2430K*0.40=972K, that's just armor, both our DK and Warrior tanks are breaking 1M HP in their max stam sets.
    If something is doable with any class in 10 man, but only 2 specific in 25 man (and even then one of them requires heavy externalling), that's pretty much the definition of cheesing <.<.

2430K*0.40=972K, that's just armor, both our DK and Warrior tanks are breaking 1M HP in their max stam sets.
    It ignores armor. That should be kind of obvious, because no one would even consider stacking up for it in 10m if it didn't (and monks wouldn't be so much better at soaking it than druid/warrior/DK since they have such terrible armor). Seriously, the normal mode version would hit for like 200k through my CDs if I could use armor against it, and the H version wouldn't hit much harder.

That said, assuming Rook's works for it (and there are posts saying it does, yay! ) I was planning to soak it as a druid, at least the first go around. So the point that any tank can do it is probably still true.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2013-09-30 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    It ignores armor. That should be kind of obvious, because no one would even consider stacking up for it in 10m if it didn't (and monks wouldn't be so much better at soaking it than druid/warrior/DK since they have such terrible armor). Seriously, the normal mode version would hit for like 200k through my CDs if I could use armor against it, and the H version wouldn't hit much harder.

That said, assuming Rook's works for it (and there are posts saying it does, yay! ) I was planning to soak it as a druid, at least the first go around. So the point that any tank can do it is probably still true.
    Fair enough if it ignores armor, doesn't say anywhere (it just states "physical", which by definition, is reduced by armor).
    That does mean that it's probably close to impossible for anything but monk's to solo the phase in 25 man, atleast - unless as you say, the Rook's trinket works for it.

If anyone has any particular tips or tricks for 25 HM that helped them get it down they would be much appreciated!

Fair enough if it ignores armor, doesn't say anywhere (it just states "physical", which by definition, is reduced by armor).
    That does mean that it's probably close to impossible for anything but monk's to solo the phase in 25 man, atleast - unless as you say, the Rook's trinket works for it.
    There are quite a few physical damage effects in SoO that ignore armor (Iron Prison, for instance). It should be classified as "true" or "piercing" damage or something, but WoW doesn't have that kind of damage classification. Then again, physical damage reductions wouldn't apply and that would be bad. Or they would apply, and that would cause tooltip bloat or be potentially more esoteric if it weren't notated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post

So yeah, good luck.
    Stacking up and using healing CD's is the intended way.....using someone to negate a major part of the fight is cheesing it. The fact that you even think this way blows my mind so much. Doing the fight properly is stacking up and using your raid utility.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    And what about the dispels of the rooted people if you are doing the stack before the boss method? Does the round turns around the boss and then dispel first person which moves out from the area and then the second or there is another trick like HoF or windwalk totem or master?

(it just states "physical", which by definition, is reduced by armor).
    It could be worse, it could be like Morchok's stomp. It ignored half of your armor and cared about the other half for some unknown reason .

But Physical =/= reduced by armor, one need only look at most bleeds (although Durumu's WAS reduced by armor ), Tortos's Bite, and practically any raid-wide Physical damage. Never assume stuff makes sense in this game.

We did this fight with blood DK soaking the Blood Rage alone (25 man)