Thread: Malkorok Heroic

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    If anyone has any particular tips or tricks for 25 HM that helped them get it down they would be much appreciated!
    As said, ball soaking is a "big" DPS loss (rogues with cloak/pallies with bubble etc can't dps meanwhile), while having a single tank running around doing it during cleave phase is far less in terms of lost uptime etc.
    Don't be afraid to use cooldowns like Aura Mastery on the implosions - it's largely useless for anything else (blood rage is physical), so we personally (with 3 paladins) used AM on the 5th and 6th implosion in set#1, and on 4/5/6th in set#2 (where he does 25% more damage).
    Things like Spirit link and void shift sadly does not work to give someone more HP. It's lost untill bloodrage begins and you can heal up again.
    Don't be afraid to use healing CD's to top off people's shields at the start of each phase - the seismic slam goes out almost instantly, and if the shields aren't full, that HP is lost for the next 2 minutes.
    Each phase lasts 2:50 seconds - which means you can't repeat the same cooldown rotation for #1 and #2. EG, if you barrier for the first 10 seconds of the first Bloodrage. it won't be up untill the last 10 seconds of the second Bloodrage. Do not be chaught off-guard by this. You will have to have a more extensive CD rotation than normally.
    Windwalk totems gives immunity to the root effect during Blood Rage, and you get 2 sets of debuffs going out every bloodrage. This means you want atleast 2x shamans of any type to drop these, one per debuff, so you don't have to move the entire raid (assuming you stack for blood rage, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    There are quite a few physical damage effects in SoO that ignore armor (Iron Prison, for instance). It should be classified as "true" or "piercing" damage or something, but WoW doesn't have that kind of damage classification. Then again, physical damage reductions wouldn't apply and that would be bad. Or they would apply, and that would cause tooltip bloat or be potentially more esoteric if it weren't notated.
    Indeed. It is quite confusing <.<.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    It could be worse, it could be like Morchok's stomp. It ignored half of your armor and cared about the other half for some unknown reason .

But Physical =/= reduced by armor, one need only look at most bleeds (although Durumu's WAS reduced by armor ), Tortos's Bite, and practically any raid-wide Physical damage. Never assume stuff makes sense in this game.
    It's Blizzards own definition of it - the fact that they can't be bothered to add "true" damage to distinguish between effects reduced by it, and effects that aren't, is pretty damn annoying though. But if you look over the Armor tooltip ingame, it clearly states "Reduces Physical damage taken by XX.XX%" - that's what we get to work with, so that's where I'll start off with my assumptions =P.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    We have only 1 shammy in our 10man group. So my question is:
    will the Hand of Freedom or Master's call dispel the debuff or it will only remove the roots effect?

Cheers draco, good info

Sorry for the double post, sitting on a shitty connection at school atm <.<.
    Yes, Hand of Freedom and Masters call will remove the root without dispelling the debuff, Hucio .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teippi View Post
    We did this fight with blood DK soaking the Blood Rage alone (25 man)
    What cd rotation did you use?

What's the advantage of solo soaking the blood rage? I just see a high-risk tactic that's easy to fail...
    The main problem of this fight is not the blood rage imho...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Sorry for the double post, sitting on a shitty connection at school atm <.<.
    Yes, Hand of Freedom and Masters call will remove the root without dispelling the debuff, Hucio .
    Thank you for this one and the previous one

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    What's the advantage of solo soaking the blood rage? I just see a high-risk tactic that's easy to fail...
    The main problem of this fight is not the blood rage imho...
    You don't need raid CD's for Blood Rage if you don't have the entire raid soaking during it (just singletarget tank CD's). It also means that every single person (ranged) can run around and soak balls during it with just a single tranq topping people up, clearing the entire room.
    If you don't need to blow raid CD's during blood rage, you've got them for the miasma-phase, and can use them to top peoples shields far quicker, and possibly even drop a healer because of it (making the DPS race less tight).

You don't need raid CD's for Blood Rage if you don't have the entire raid soaking during it (just singletarget tank CD's). It also means that every single person (ranged) can run around and soak balls during it with just a single tranq topping people up, clearing the entire room.
    If you don't need to blow raid CD's during blood rage, you've got them for the miasma-phase, and can use them to top peoples shields far quicker, and possibly even drop a healer because of it (making the DPS race less tight).
    Well, that sounds well but won't change the fact it's high-risk
    But as I said I don't see the problem with blood rage for that heroic fight...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Well, that sounds well but won't change the fact it's high-risk
    But as I said I don't see the problem with blood rage for that heroic fight...
    Its not high risk. Its as high risk as whole raiding soaking it imo

You can bomb heals into the tanks tanking it, and you can use cds to ensure 100% reliable, instead of dealing with clutch dispelling, etc.

We just killed it today with a Monk solo tanking it, and lets just say we were 1.3 seconds from enrage. I really don't think you can have your raid stack for it unless you stack high dps classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Runewrath View Post
    We just killed it today with a Monk solo tanking it, and lets just say we were 1.3 seconds from enrage. I really don't think you can have your raid stack for it unless you stack high dps classes.
    We killed it today as well with 2 seconds on enrage. However, we stacked everyone for Blood Rage and had quite a few deaths/mistakes. Could have cleared it by 10+ seconds on a clean pull. Totally possible to beat the enrage (by a lot) when stacking.

Also to note, for displaced energy druid Roar works to remove the root, as does human racial.

Deleted
    As said, ball soaking is a "big" DPS loss (rogues with cloak/pallies with bubble etc can't dps meanwhile), while having a single tank running around doing it during cleave phase is far less in terms of lost uptime etc.
    But if you have both tanks sharing the swipe, you (possibly) need less cooldowns and you have two tanks at the vengeance cap. Surely that makes up for the dps loss from a melee or ranged soaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    But if you have both tanks sharing the swipe, you (possibly) need less cooldowns and you have two tanks at the vengeance cap. Surely that makes up for the dps loss from a melee or ranged soaker?
    Depends entirely, I thought they had removed the heavy vengeance from cleave attacks since the abuse on Spirit Kings (eating the cleave with AD/Guardian spirit ETC for extreme damage boosts)? If not, then it might be valid - but in 25 man, it'd be probably 4-5 people running around soaking, losing DPS uptime, vs 1 person (the tank).

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this two or three healed on 10m?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Actually that is a really bad idea since at least one of your tanks will still have the Fatal Strike debuff from phase 1. I can't think of any possibility (other than using 3 tanks) to have less than 10 stacks of the debuff, which means that this tank alone will take as much damage as if one tank without stacks would soak it alone.

We two healed our first kill and beat the enrage by 31 seconds. With great dps you could three heal but there isn't much if a point. We had a mistweaver and a disc priest atonement healing and it was fine with good cd usage.
    Aerzara, Discipline Priest
    <Modest> 14/14H - US 2nd 10m Guild

Deleted
    in our 25 man we had our warrior tank soak all the damage alone,wich makes it a lot easier but also is a huge dps boost as u can see from the log here:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5060&e=5408

Can anyone provide a cd order/tips or tricks for 25 man solo soaking? Thanks.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-09-30 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Also to note, for displaced energy druid Roar works to remove the root, as does human racial.
    Wouldn't it remove the entire effect, thus exploding the raid, though? That's usually the trend with the human racial. Unless there's a second debuff along with Displaced Energy that roots the target in place (or the human racial actually has some use which I predict it'll be nerfed soon!). I don't know for sure, we put a couple tries on Malkorok last night and I never got the debuff (most of our wipes were actually people being too gun-shy with soaking as health goes down :P). I'll test it out next week.