Thread: Malkorok Heroic

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    Do personal damage reductions work on blood rage or does it mean more damage for others to soak?

So if the raid stacks and they would all take 150k damage and a druid uses Barkskin does he take 20% less damage = 120k damage and the others would soak the extra 30k on top of their 150k?
    No, the damage is distributed evenly and you reducing your damage taken has no impact on anyone else.

However, there really is no reason to soak this as a group, every tank class can solo soak it and for the raid this phase is a small "break" and a chance to clear the orbs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    No, the damage is distributed evenly and you reducing your damage taken has no impact on anyone else.

However, there really is no reason to soak this as a group, every tank class can solo soak it and for the raid this phase is a small "break" and a chance to clear the orbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post

I hijacked the thread a bit - we are starting it on normal 10 man

Druid tank has 1.2mill (decent gear (for us) - and prot pally has about 800k (say 900k with shammy heal buff) he recently went to prot from healer.

I understand some of the solo soaking - so I guess IF the prot pally gets the soak he uses holy avenger spams Shield to get the 50% reduction - this will hit him for 600 k if we dont do anything else to him?

I guess he cant use hand of protection as the boss will then target someone else?

Defender for 50% more reduction / Divine protection for 20% glyphed

We have 2 priest healers so can guardian - me as the shammy I dont think I can do anything as dont want to be going too close for link totem.

If it's the druid - he can survival instinct - barkskin - and use incarnation with natures vigil to help keep alive / frenzied regen.

I am thinking what the easiest solution for a not so great group to be. Can a rogue do anything with feint? 1 tank (the one without the debuff and a rogue) 600k each then reduced my cooldowns sounds a lot safer

Is it classed as an area affect for feint (before the talent) to work?

Normal setup if anyone can think of something easy

Tank
    Pally
    Druid
    Heals
    Shammy (can go resto druid) both same level
    2 priest normally both holy
    hunter
    shadow P
    enhance
    rogue
    boomkin

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    I hijacked the thread a bit - we are starting it on normal 10 man

Druid tank has 1.2mill (decent gear (for us) - and prot pally has about 800k (say 900k with shammy heal buff) he recently went to prot from healer.

I understand some of the solo soaking - so I guess IF the prot pally gets the soak he uses holy avenger spams Shield to get the 50% reduction - this will hit him for 600 k if we dont do anything else to him?

I guess he cant use hand of protection as the boss will then target someone else?

Defender for 50% more reduction / Divine protection for 20% glyphed

We have 2 priest healers so can guardian - me as the shammy I dont think I can do anything as dont want to be going too close for link totem.

If it's the druid - he can survival instinct - barkskin - and use incarnation with natures vigil to help keep alive / frenzied regen.

I am thinking what the easiest solution for a not so great group to be. Can a rogue do anything with feint? 1 tank (the one without the debuff and a rogue) 600k each then reduced my cooldowns sounds a lot safer

Is it classed as an area affect for feint (before the talent) to work?

Normal setup if anyone can think of something easy

Tank
    Pally
    Druid
    Heals
    Shammy (can go resto druid) both same level
    2 priest normally both holy
    hunter
    shadow P
    enhance
    rogue
    boomkin

Thanks
    For normal you shouldnt even solo soak.. i mean u can do it, but looking on ur tanks hp (if dps's are geared equally) you should be fine on normal just doing the normal tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheeTova View Post
    Just thought I'd share our heroic kill. We did it with a paly and druid tanks. As the bear I did (Iron bark + Survival Instincts --> Bark Skin + Sac + LFR Protectors Trinket)

Do you have Wol? Id love to see how the disc is handling it