Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalahn View Post
    Blizzard bans bots in waves, once they figure out how the current generation of bots works and how to disable them.
    Actually that is pretty wrong, they dont and ban bots. Proof? iv been botting 6 accounts for the last 5 years 24/7, and never received /any/ ban.. ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    Ive been an admin for years on various games, being my friend never saved anyone, people get what they earn
    And? You are not an admin here, he's your friend. Hell, that's really, really shitty of you and god, people must love you so much.
    What happenned to the gaming community really? The game is not/ and should never be greater than your loyalty to your friend. If it is, something is seriously wrong with you and it probably is the cause that "for some reason" you feel alone a lot. That is like telling your friend's GF that he's been talking to other girls a lot lately. Shitty, "who the f*** you think you are?" deserving stuff.

The gaming community should really get rid of these "born to be a nobody" kinda people. The reason being a gamer is mostly pejorative is because of you guys.

Really don't care if I'm getting an infraction because of this. I felt like I had to say this and I'm sure as hell that some people would agree with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archiul View Post
    And? You are not an admin here, he's your friend.
    You act like I sentenced him to the fiery pits of hell for eternity. I asked that he simply be discouraged from doing it again, he hasnt been harmed in any way

I'd report my friends for botting also good on you OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I'm not 'friends' with some of you people.

(I don't bot)
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

If you hate bots in random BGs you have to either tolerate them, be stupid and not notice them, or play another game. The same exact situation has been going on for years, and there is very very little hope that Blizzard will do much more about it any time soon.

I just don't have friends that bot. I have no respect for cheaters, so if someone that was my friend is cheating, they are a friend no longer. Thus, I can report them without reporting a friend. Usually I tell them to cut it out first. Hell, I had a friend that used to cyber-bully to make the other team mad on purpose in League of Legends, I told him to cut it out immediately. He obliged and we are still friends today, but if that kept going on I am not sure I would be willing to be friends with someone like that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

You act like I sentenced him to the fiery pits of hell for eternity. I asked that he simply be discouraged from doing it again, he hasnt been harmed in any way
    In your post I see that you mention not of confronting him of botting but instead opted to rat him. Also on another note maybe you did just sentenced him to the fiery pits of hell for eternity. I don't know how that shit works so you never know.

Reporting a friend for using a bot... Really low. Honestly I can't say that I have encountered any significant number of botters (maybe 2 in the new season that were obvious and useless) farming honor gear so I feel like people greatly over exaggerate their experiences encountering them. I don't even blame people doing it honor farming since having to gear up being under geared is a total joke and a long pointless grind just to become a player who can actually contribute at a decent level.

Snitching = death you should know better sir

I've never understood the whole "You're a bad person for reporting a friend" argument. Sure botting is a minor "issue" but it's enough of an issue that a lot of people(including Blizz) has a problem with it. Personally I wouldn't report them, not the first time anyway, I would strongly suggest that they stop doing it but if they don't I'd consider reporting them.

ive been botting on a dummy account for 8 months now(deleting everything it gets and lvls up), not a singoe suspension or ban

they really dont care

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    In your post I see that you mention not of confronting him of botting but instead opted to rat him.
    Oh I asked him to stop first, he even hates botters himself, he just doesnt care about anyone but himself.

Cheating is cheating, friend or not. I would not tolerate a friend cheating in a game we're playing IRL so I don't see why everyone is down on this guy for reporting bad behaviour.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty, and almost all of them know better than to ruin things for other people to benefit themselves.
    If I had a friend who insisted on pissing in the swimming pool continually every time he went swimming, first, I probably wouldn't swim with him, and second, if I had to get in the same pool with him, I would report him.

Sometimes friends do stupid antisocial things but you can't and shouldn't always just accept them.

Anyway back to the OP: The automated right click reporting mechanism is how you report botting nowadays. That's all there is to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tey View Post
    ive been botting on a dummy account for 8 months now(deleting everything it gets and lvls up), not a singoe suspension or ban

they really dont care
    They do care, they just want near absolute proof that someone is botting.

They've explained this many times.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    This is new and exciting. Try doing a search on a topic that's been beaten to death for years.
    We've known for years that Blizzard will no longer take in-game reports for botting?

Interesting.

I'm going to stand out and give you props for reporting your friend. Though i do hope that you told him he should stop yourself first. If i knew a friend was botting I'd tell'em to stop and if not then i would report them.

i sent in a ticket FROM THE ACCOUNT I WAS BOTTING ON saying i was botting, just gave me the same copy paste answer as anyone else

im trying to see how fqr i can push this and this was done every 2 months, sending another now
    Last edited by tey; 2013-09-30 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    I just don't have friends that bot. I have no respect for cheaters, so if someone that was my friend is cheating, they are a friend no longer. Thus, I can report them without reporting a friend. Usually I tell them to cut it out first. Hell, I had a friend that used to cyber-bully to make the other team mad on purpose in League of Legends, I told him to cut it out immediately. He obliged and we are still friends today, but if that kept going on I am not sure I would be willing to be friends with someone like that.
    A friend in game perhaps, but what about a RL friend?

I have botted off and on for over 8 years (no longer). I made $1k a week in 2007 from botting! Those flying mounts made me tons when people bought gold. I do see the frustration in BG's thought and I never did those. When others depend on you, you can't just bot PvP and be effective. Now, I am not saying what I did wasn't wrong, I am just saying I understand. Yes, what I did affected others because of the Market, however I do not believe it to be as intrusive.

Funny thing though, my entire guild knew I botted, and other than that stint in 2007 were I made a ton of money, all my mats and gold went to help the guild. Yes, I know, no excuse.

I did find botting quit exhilarating at times, no idea why.